“Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Was there for a Soccer tournamnet with many boys and had a wonderful experience. Staff was excellent. Even managed to accomodate a large group for dinner when the restaurant was closed. Absolutely great service from the restaurant staff

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you very much. We look forward to having you back again.
Lynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you want to be a little bit outside of the Boston traffic, this is a very nice place to stay. It has a remote, country feel but is close enough for you to get to where you want to go rather quickly. From this location, we drove to many spots in the area without any problems during the week and on the weekends.

We ate at the restaurant for breakfast everyday and had several dinners there. Due to the layout, there is a large patio area near the bar/restaurant that is nicely shaded with mature trees.

All and all, the service was excellent, and we would return. Given that the hotel has only two stories, the rooms are quite spread out, but we like that (gives the place a resort feeling and plus the exercise of walking off your big meal). In the summer, one can cut across the property using the walkways.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnD2020
lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you very much! We hope that you will visit us again.
Kennebunk, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My room was at the end of the hall, directly across from the stairway that also leads to the gym and pool. At least three times an hour, from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., the door would open (squeaky) and slam shut. I was woken at 2:30 a.m. by a maintenance man on his phone right outside my door. When I asked him to take it elsewhere he went into a maintenance room, located right next to the stairway. I could still hear him as clearly as if he was standing in my room. And I wear ear plugs!
I e-mailed the manager about the problems with my stay, and he did not so much as acknowledge that I e-mailed him. I have stayed in many places over the last year and this was by far the worst experience I would sooner stay in a motel before going back here. At least I would be able to sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get room 1155
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Elizabeth A
Dear Elizabeth,
I am trying to track down which of my male managers that you emailed. I did check with my
Director of Engineering and he said he did not receive anything. I am truly sorry about this, no one should be on the floors on their cell phones at any time of the day. Carlos is going to try to find you in the system and reach out to you personally. I am the General Manager and would be happy to speak with you if you will call me.
Cranbury, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Hotel was nice. However the location of our room was too far from our lobby. Else it was a nice stay. Because we have a small baby, we needed a microwave, which was not there in the room. We had walk to the main lobby to use the microwave.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank baijayantimala p
I am so sorry that we didn't communicate that we have microwaves available upon request for the rooms. I will make sure that our front desk agents are informing our guests. Thanks for staying with us.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is modern and nicely decorated. The room and bathroom were huge. It's only 25 minutes into Boston. We did not use room service. When we checked in, the desk staff did not acknowledge us as Hilton Honors members, and we did not receive the free cookies.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Fulton,
How frustrating that you did not get your cookies! I believe that Bernie, my Front Desk Manager,
has spoken to you, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry.
Saco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this Double Tree many time due to cost, location, cleanliness, and amenities. Very pleased with everything they have to offer. Check in was easy and we were greeted with friendly service. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. Love the pool and fitness areas. One of the best fitness centers I have experienced at a hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

lynne_luongo, General Manager at DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you next year!
Bedford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel having great accommodations. Staff was very helpful and friendly. There is ample parking also. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. This has everything I needed for a quick overnight stay. No complaints about anything. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks and please come again!
Lynne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
Boston Marriott Burlington
#4 of 6 in Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington

Been to DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen? Share your experiences!