“Great experience.”
Review of Red Heat Tavern

Red Heat Tavern
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Bedford
Reviewed 11 January 2018

This is a big unpretentious place, recommended by our hotel for "pub grub". It has a great range of craft beers and a traditional menu.

Everything we ate was good, from the steak tips to the chicken, turkey and haddock.
Servings are, of course, large by Irish standards.

The service was terrific. Our waiter had a deep knowledge and enthusiasm for the beers, and was able to recommend according to our tastes. Later on, the charming manager spoke to us as he did his rounds, giving us a discount voucher for our next meal!

Our next visit was just before Thanksgiving, and the place was heaving! And yes, it was noisy, but that's to be expected in such a place - it's not a posh restaurant.

If you want good food and great beer at a reasonable price, we can wholeheartedly recommend Red Heat.

1  Thank 57Boy

Reviewed 13 December 2017

I have visited the Red Heat Tavern several times in Wilmington, MA and it was always so LOUD!!! The food and service are good, but I could barely hear my own tables conversation with the background noise. The Bedford location has the same great food, but it is much more quiet. I have eaten here at least 5 or 6 times, mostly during lunch with people from work, but I took the family one day. My family really enjoys the burgers, but I know my son was disappointed they took the Reuben off the menu. I love the grilled chicken Caesar salad. Delicious and better for me than a burger. We have had several work "going away" lunches here and they do a great job of serving 15+ people quickly and don't seem to mind making separate checks. I would recommend to anyone!

1  Thank TheBuryTraveller
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I went here for lunch with a friend. The restaurant is modern and clean. The food was good. Service is good, too. I got the ribs and really enjoyed them. The prices are reasonable. We did not have drinks, but there is a full bar.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We found the Red Heat Tavern by good luck! In looking for a place to stop for a meal, we found this restaurant. To my extreme delight, it is a gluten sensitive person's dream! Onion rings, mozzarella sticks, burgers... you name it. (Yes, you read that right!) Great service and knowledgeable staff and chef. They are planning a location in NH and I have my friends and family lined up and ready for opening night.

3  Thank Rose W
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I know these reviews are subjective but this place was great the few time we have been there.Ask to see the kitchen.