“Spend your money elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bedford Plaza Hotel

Bedford Plaza Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bedford
Atlanta, Georgia
“Spend your money elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stay in all types of places all over the world so a place has to be really bad for me to write a poor review. Often I am traveling for work, as in this case & I have no say in where I stay. I saw 5 or 6 different rooms at this place & some were ok while others had major problems. I came here knowing that the Bed Bug Registry website had reports of bedbugs in 2010. One of the people I was traveling with did find a bug in his bed but I cannot confirm for sure that it was a bedbug. Any small dark bug found on your mattress is bad, regardless of what kind it was. He was staying on the same floor as the reported bedbugs from 2010 & front desk did change his room. My room had paint peeling everywhere, water stains on walls & ceiling & a/c didn't cool room as it should. I had some nice long hairs stuck to the wall in the bathroom & a large rusty stain on my box springs. My mattress didn't have zippered cover as the other rooms did & when I asked at the desk they assumed they were out being cleaned. My shower curtain had hair & mildew spots all over it. The one positive thing I can say about the place is the bathroom had a window so the natural light was great for applying makeup. The internet connection was up & down & when I questioned the front desk, they claimed that too many people were using internet & that was the problem. No offer to reset it or check on it or anything. There were several sketchy people roaming the halls & I heard the front desk staff talking about people the shelter had placed at the property. Nothing against anyone staying in any type of shelter, but this could cause a lot of security issues at the property in my opinion & there was no security on staff. The pool is in the center of the hotel with the rooms surrounding it. Because of this, you can hear everything going on in the pool, regardless of which room you are in. The only way it can be avoided is if the people in the pool whisper. The atrium style design causes voices to echo throughout the property. I didn't pay for my room so I have no idea what the cost was but I did hear front desk quote 99 & 129 rates for the evening which is ridiculous. This is a 49-59.00/nt property at best. I have photos I will upload soon but I will not return to this property.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Lem1
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2016
Thank you for your two star review, We have updated all of our rooms with new furniture, new carpets since the time of this review, We are working hard to fix everything. Please come again and refer others. Our management has changed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Not a 5 star hotel but good for the money. When I arrived the hotel clerk told me to go next door to MC Ds. to get discount coupon -for $55 plus tax stayed 2 nights. Everything worked fine and was clean. Clerk also gave me good advice on bus subway travel into Boston. A step above similar priced motels - hot breakfast, clean inside pool.

• Stayed May 2012
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2016
Thank you for your five star review, please come again and let others know.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

First lets start by saying there was poop on the second floor stairs, the bathroom floor was sticky and smelled like urin,the pool and bar is closed all winter but they do not tell you that when you book the rooms stink. If you are broke stay if you have a extra twenty dollars stay someware other then the bedford plaza hotel

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank pturner1
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2016
Thank you for your input, we have fixed many issues you have pointed out here, including new Air conditioners, new elevator control room, breakfast, pool, etc. We have updated all of our rooms with new furniture. We are working hard to fix everything, anyone reading this should note the dates of these reviews as this is almost four years ago. A lot has changed in this time. Our Management has changed, Please come again and see for your self.
Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Honestly I don't like reviews I am hoping someone reads this and saves themselves from this atrocity. Me and my mother planned to stay here from December 2011 until April 2012 this will not be happening.. I am writing my review from the room right now.. We have been here a month and have been harassed to the point where me and my mother have both cried.. people walked in while i was showering, my guests were verbally assaulted, a man walked in on my mother in the bathroom unannounced, my mother was in the bath and they barged in claiming a leak that was nonexistent, we were called every hour for our first week because we wouldn't go to the front desk. The pool is unclean, the food is stale and disgusting, the rooms are despicable me and my mom clean our ourselves. I have never felt more uncomfortable. We have had staff hit on us and no one speaks English. Stay anywhere but here! Seriously its not worth it.. they lie about prices harass and violate guests and feel as if its okay to swear and threaten to physically assault and or forcibly remove guests.

Room Tip: Tips for choosing a room? dont stay here!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nadia C
East Norwich, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

I recently booked several rooms for a college tour. The hotel was disgustingly dirty with broken blinds that didn't cover the bathroom window which faced a major busy road. One of the rooms had roaches and the manager's only comment was that the room was not supposed to be rented because it had a long time renter and hadn't been thoroughly cleaned. He kept talking about bed bugs even though we said it was roaches. The halls had a rancid smell and it was totally unacceptable place to stay by anyone's standards. We left within an hour of check-in and had to argue for most of that hour not to be charged. That is why they have a no refund policy! In the end I had to pay $100 to get out of the reservation. A total rip off but worth the price to get out of there. I am unsure how they are allowed to stay open and serve food with bed bugs and roaches in the facility. The health department should close them down. I am wary of any of the positive reviews here as being legitimate and no one should believe them and DO NOT STAY HERE and if you do check your bag and clothes for bugs.

Room Tip: In another hotel. There was a lovely HAmpton Inn not far away.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Judith M
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2016
Thank you for your input, we have fixed many issues you have pointed out here, including new Air conditioners, new elevator control room, breakfast, pool, etc. We have updated all of our rooms with new furniture. We are working hard to fix everything, anyone reading this should note the dates of these reviews as this is almost five years ago. A lot has changed in this time. Our Management has changed, Please come again and see for your self.
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

We booked online as we were travelling through the area and wanted a centrally located hotel. Check in was ok, no complaints about the staff ..
I don't know if they have good rooms and bad rooms but ours was very run down. The shower rail was falling off, the toilet was slow running and the tub had been repaired with cement, The room was not very clean and was very old and very tired, although the carpet seemed newer.We would have moved on but it was late and we had been travelling all day.
The rooms all overlook a nice central pool area but when there were kids in the pool we could not hear the tv in the room from the noise from the kids. Also, in the morning there were people having breakfast in the pool area at 6.30 a.m and the noise woke us up, the noise continued unabated after that .
There is underground parking which is good but overall, not a good experience.
We stayed at a new Courtyard by Marriot 15 miles away for the same money ($99 per night) and it was a first class place. For the money this is not a good deal.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here ask if they have refurbished roooms or don't stay.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank brummy100
Gardner, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

Spoke with woman on the phone who did take my coupon ( only good thing about hotel). Hotel room had bed bugs and ripped old carpeting. The old heating unit was rusted out and falling off the wall. The television was small and the bathroom had mold growth on the shower curtain. There was 1 small window with a broken handle i could not close.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DunkinD83
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bedford
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica

Been to Bedford Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!