Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston
Orbitz.com
US$228
US$211
ResidenceInn.com
All reviewsunderground parkingindoor poolindoor garagealewife stationmake your own wafflesreasonable rateshot breakfastbreakfast areaspecial thanksshort drivesitting areabostonrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

my stay at the BEDFORD PLAZA HOTEL WAS A DISGRACE!!
for one its boring as heck , the breakfast sucks its disgusting, the people here is nonchalant and unfriendly , and noisy as heck , the guest service sucked , instead of them bringing the items that ive asked for to my room ive had to go get them numerous of times myself! then they ask my sister if she does prostitution what kind of company is this here!! the pool is so wack and its risky for one they dont even have a lifeguard on duty or any worker in the pool area for that matter they were pose to come back and clean my room and never did so, its like a motel not a hotel dont let the pictures fool on here fool you or get you hype do not waiste your money at all

Room Tip: rooms in boston are more quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ebsz E
SALPATEL, General Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. As far as the unfriendly staff we have removed that person. we will do our best to make the breakfast better, we offer hot american breakfast buffet. Fresh broken eggs, beacon, home fries, several types of juices, three different cereals, toast, donuts, bagles, coffee, de-cafe coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, etc.. We are only required to have the lifeguard on duty when there is young childrens birthday pool party and when there are not enough adults supervising the kids, as the deep end of the pool is olny 4 and 1/2 feet. I appolize about the noise as we do get lots of groups and it is hard to control them as you can imagine so are loud and we were sold out two days in a row all 99 rooms. Some of the other comments does not sound like our hotel. We hope you can visit again for a better experience.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

I stay in all types of places all over the world so a place has to be really bad for me to write a poor review. Often I am traveling for work, as in this case & I have no say in where I stay. I saw 5 or 6 different rooms at this place & some were ok while others had major problems. I came here knowing that the Bed Bug Registry website had reports of bedbugs in 2010. One of the people I was traveling with did find a bug in his bed but I cannot confirm for sure that it was a bedbug. Any small dark bug found on your mattress is bad, regardless of what kind it was. He was staying on the same floor as the reported bedbugs from 2010 & front desk did change his room. My room had paint peeling everywhere, water stains on walls & ceiling & a/c didn't cool room as it should. I had some nice long hairs stuck to the wall in the bathroom & a large rusty stain on my box springs. My mattress didn't have zippered cover as the other rooms did & when I asked at the desk they assumed they were out being cleaned. My shower curtain had hair & mildew spots all over it. The one positive thing I can say about the place is the bathroom had a window so the natural light was great for applying makeup. The internet connection was up & down & when I questioned the front desk, they claimed that too many people were using internet & that was the problem. No offer to reset it or check on it or anything. There were several sketchy people roaming the halls & I heard the front desk staff talking about people the shelter had placed at the property. Nothing against anyone staying in any type of shelter, but this could cause a lot of security issues at the property in my opinion & there was no security on staff. The pool is in the center of the hotel with the rooms surrounding it. Because of this, you can hear everything going on in the pool, regardless of which room you are in. The only way it can be avoided is if the people in the pool whisper. The atrium style design causes voices to echo throughout the property. I didn't pay for my room so I have no idea what the cost was but I did hear front desk quote 99 & 129 rates for the evening which is ridiculous. This is a 49-59.00/nt property at best. I have photos I will upload soon but I will not return to this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lem1
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you for your two star review, We have updated all of our rooms with new furniture, new carpets since the time of this review, We are working hard to fix everything. Please come again and refer others. Our management has changed.

Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Not a 5 star hotel but good for the money. When I arrived the hotel clerk told me to go next door to MC Ds. to get discount coupon -for $55 plus tax stayed 2 nights. Everything worked fine and was clean. Clerk also gave me good advice on bus subway travel into Boston. A step above similar priced motels - hot breakfast, clean inside pool.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your five star review, please come again and let others know.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

First lets start by saying there was poop on the second floor stairs, the bathroom floor was sticky and smelled like urin,the pool and bar is closed all winter but they do not tell you that when you book the rooms stink. If you are broke stay if you have a extra twenty dollars stay someware other then the bedford plaza hotel

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank pturner1
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you for your input, we have fixed many issues you have pointed out here, including new Air conditioners, new elevator control room, breakfast, pool, etc. We have updated all of our rooms with new furniture. We are working hard to fix everything, anyone reading this should note the dates of these reviews as this is almost four years ago. A lot has changed in this time. Our Management has changed, Please come again and see for your self.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Honestly I don't like reviews I am hoping someone reads this and saves themselves from this atrocity. Me and my mother planned to stay here from December 2011 until April 2012 this will not be happening.. I am writing my review from the room right now.. We have been here a month and have been harassed to the point where me and my mother have both cried.. people walked in while i was showering, my guests were verbally assaulted, a man walked in on my mother in the bathroom unannounced, my mother was in the bath and they barged in claiming a leak that was nonexistent, we were called every hour for our first week because we wouldn't go to the front desk. The pool is unclean, the food is stale and disgusting, the rooms are despicable me and my mom clean our ourselves. I have never felt more uncomfortable. We have had staff hit on us and no one speaks English. Stay anywhere but here! Seriously its not worth it.. they lie about prices harass and violate guests and feel as if its okay to swear and threaten to physically assault and or forcibly remove guests.

Room Tip: Tips for choosing a room? dont stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family