Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston
US$133
US$211
US$206
ResidenceInn.com
All reviewsunderground parkingindoor poolindoor garagealewife stationmake your own wafflesreasonable rateshot breakfastbreakfast areaspecial thanksshort drivesitting areabostonrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I had my doubts when I pulled up at the hotel but thought hey give it a chance. There was a trainee on reception but another young man advising him. I asked to see the rooms and the trainee took me round. Room was clean with the usual Fridge and coffee maker but was in need of a little cosmetic touch up. Hotel was bright on the inside around the pool and breakfast area and very warm. Was quiet which is what I wanted after a day walking around Boston. As I did not want to eat out there was a local supermartket just further down the road and provided me with a light meal for the evening. On checking out the day after the man on reception required my card again as he said it had failed the day before (16.06.12) this meant as I learned later on in my holiday that they had taken out a further $72 , I am hoping I get this back tomorrow, being 16.07.12 but it has not put me off staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you for your review, we are working hard to improve this hotel and we are making improvements daily, please help us by giving us more feedback to improve and we are on the way to making Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston as one of the best independent hotels in the world.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I've been here numerous times before with my fiancee. It's a very nice place with continental breakfast, a pool, and a bar (when it's open). On June 16th, we went to get a room.
First, the worker that helped us was rude: cursed frequently, talked on the phone with friends. Very unprofessional. Then, we asked if they could do the favor of opening the bar for us. They agree and the same worker, who isn't a bartender, told us the price is 5-7 for a shot or drink. We ordered a Long Island ice tea. We had to look up the instructions on our phone to instruct him. After he made it, he charged us $70. Nobody pays $70 for 2 mixed drinks, at a mediocre bar. The man wasn't even a certified bartender. We asked to speak to the manager. He denied us. After much trouble, we settled on $40; $20 per drink. Still very ridiculous. My fiancee is very upset, so we won't be revisiting.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy P

Thank you for your comments, we have fixed many of the issues you have pointed out here, including: bartender and old staff. We are working hard to fix everything, anyone reading this should note the dates of these reviews as this is almost four years ago. A lot has changed in this time. Please come again and see for yourself.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We were happy we found a hotel on the weekend of the Needham Soccer Tournament. It was very close to our venue and pretty cheap too. Unfortunately, upon checking in the boy/man could not be bothered looking at us let alone smiling. He told us nothing about what the hotel had to offer. I felt like I was bothering him. We got to our dirty room (which after a day of soccer the kid just wanted to lay down). The shower actually hurt! What we saved on staying there we ended up paying in co-pays at our local physician (maybe they get kickbacks!). We wound up with (combined) two sinus infections, an ear infection, and bronchitis, skin irritation from the shower etc. We were so disappointed. After almost a month later we are still suffering. I believe the room was full of mold! For breakfast the family (owners) stare at you so you don't want to eat. Very strange. Horrible experience. To say something positive- our car did not get vandalized and they did have free ice.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere even if it means spending a little extra.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenn177
sal p, Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you for your input, we have fixed many issues you have pointed out here, including new Air conditioners, new elevator control room, breakfast, pool, etc. We have updated all of our rooms with new furniture. We are working hard to fix everything, anyone reading this should note the dates of these reviews as this is almost four years ago. A lot has changed in this time. Our Management has changed, Please come again and see for your self.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

For the money okay. Most Hotels in area about 50% to 150% more per night. Breakfast was fine..Cable service stations only a few were working. Bar/Lounge was closed when I checked in at 3PM and I never saw it open. Room was clean.. At Check - In Person in-charge was training a new employee and the in-charge person was unfriendly......

Room Tip: Ok for price But not a 4 star hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane D
SALPATEL, General Manager at Bedford Plaza Hotel - Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Today was the last day for the "person in charge" that you mentioned in your review. As we had many complaint about her behavior and attitude towards guests, it was necessary for us to let her go.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

my stay at the BEDFORD PLAZA HOTEL WAS A DISGRACE!!
for one its boring as heck , the breakfast sucks its disgusting, the people here is nonchalant and unfriendly , and noisy as heck , the guest service sucked , instead of them bringing the items that ive asked for to my room ive had to go get them numerous of times myself! then they ask my sister if she does prostitution what kind of company is this here!! the pool is so wack and its risky for one they dont even have a lifeguard on duty or any worker in the pool area for that matter they were pose to come back and clean my room and never did so, its like a motel not a hotel dont let the pictures fool on here fool you or get you hype do not waiste your money at all

Room Tip: rooms in boston are more quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ebsz E

Thank you for your feedback. As far as the unfriendly staff we have removed that person. we will do our best to make the breakfast better, we offer hot american breakfast buffet. Fresh broken eggs, beacon, home fries, several types of juices, three different cereals, toast, donuts, bagles, coffee, de-cafe coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, etc.. We are only required to have the lifeguard on duty when there is young childrens birthday pool party and when there are not enough adults supervising the kids, as the deep end of the pool is olny 4 and 1/2 feet. I appolize about the noise as we do get lots of groups and it is hard to control them as you can imagine so are loud and we were sold out two days in a row all 99 rooms. Some of the other comments does not sound like our hotel. We hope you can visit again for a better experience.