“It's not just sushi and tempura!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tenchi Sushi - CLOSED

Tenchi Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: (508) 966-3088
Massachusetts
“It's not just sushi and tempura!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I love Japanese food, although I am not crazy about sushi and tempura, so I was thrilled to see that this restaurant serves more than that. According to the menu, the fish is flown fresh in from the fish market in Tokyo each day!

This is a lovely restaurant that occupies the former Payless Shoe Store site at the Wal*Mart Plaza, just off of Rte 495. The decor is subdued and classy. The wait staff are mostly (if not all) Japanese. Prices are reasonable. They were able to accommodate my food allergies.

We've been back more than once and will continue to go there. It's such a treat to find a restaurant of this quality outside of a major city.

• Visited October 2011

Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly good for a sushi restaurant next to a Walmart”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

This place was really good. We went for lunch on a Saturday and were pleasantly surprised. We tried several appetizers, including the beef tataki and gyoza. We also had a bunch of rolls, all of which were delicious. My favorite was the spicy yellowtail. Service was really good. Decor was oddly modern considering the location. Also, you don't feel crowded. Not sure if it was intentional or maybe they ordered more furniture, but they could easily fit double the amount of tables they currently have in the space.

Definitely better than Maguro House in Franklin, if only for the improved service and classier decor. The sushi quality is about the same.

Visited July 2011
MA
“Who would have thought...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Im a bit of a sushi snob. I admit it. Who would have thought that great sushi could be found in a strip mall next to walmart. I certainly didn't. Boy was I wrong!! service food! Amazing service!

Some of my favorites are the tuna tacks and the tuna torch roll. SO GREAT!!! My daughter loves the tempura. Its very light and crispy!! Check it out!!!!

Edina, Minnesota
“Best Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

I have been to many Sushi places in Boston and in the burbs. I have to say that this place is by far at the top of my list of the best. Since I discovered this place I have been back weekly. I hope more people find it as well because I would be very sad to lose it. The sushi and sashimi is extremely fresh and some of the best I've had. I am a sushi snob and refuse to eat average level sushi. The chefs were previously at Nobu and Mirimoto in NYC. That should say a lot. However, the other food there is also above par. Try the Gyoza appetizer... best I've had anyplace. Also the black cod is amazing.

The inside is modern and clean and the wait staff is very good and friendly. I have never had bad service there. They don't have their liquor license yet but hopefully that will be remedied soon. But I don't really care because the food is unbelievably good.

Please try it and review it. We need this place to stay here!

• Visited April 2011
Boston
“Top quality sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2011

Anyone in the greater Milford / Franklin area should take note of this new restaurant. Located in Walmart plaza (yuck) it is a pain to get in and out of. The staff is very friendly and atmpshere is OK. It is the food that sets them apart. I have eaten a lot of sushi, locally, nationally and even in Japan and this is up there in the top 10. Incredibly fresh and somewhat innotative. I suggest checking it out. PS - No liquor license as of March 4th FYI.

• Visited March 2011