“Best Ice cream ever!”

Rosewood Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Bellingham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Love their ice cream! They are always so nice and friendly! Great place to take the kids in the summer!

Reviewed 21 January 2017

My son loves coming here for the foot long hot dogs. They serve seafood and ice cream. Everything is fried so definitely not healthy. But then again if you are coming here you shouldn't be watching your weight. The portions are hearty but a bit expensive. Ice cream is a bit on the expensive side as well for the amount they give you. Small indoor eating area as well as outdoor benches. This place is only opened half of the year.

1  Thank sherrylyn5
Reviewed 27 August 2016

I am a fried clam fan, and theirs are fine..fresh and hot.. but I didn't love the floury batter. I got the Clam Platter for $23. which is high for the number of clams you get. It is like $5 worth of clams, and $18. worth of fries and onion rings. The onion rings are really fabulous, and if I were them, I would use the same batter on the clams.
I would definitely go back to try their other seafood, like the lobster roll or fish sandwich. The restaurant was crowded, so it is obviously very popular with locals.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I've been there many times for ice cream, and have always been happy. We decided to give it a try for dinner on a nice summer night. We decided to eat inside since we had a toddler with us, so he could be in a high chair. It was so hot and humid in there we could barely finish our WAY overpriced food. (Even though they had an air conditioner running. It was clearly just wasting money.) It was crowded when we went in, but we expected that. However, we were totally rushed when ordering, and made to feel rude for ordering for three people. The price was ridiculous for a grilled cheese, some chicken tenders and clams. Seriously, we would have paid less in a tourist trap restaurant on the cape. They did give us a lot of food, but it was totally tasteless. But wait, there's more! I got home that night and was so sick I couldn't sleep. I'll keep it nice, but let's just say, I didn't leave the bathroom until morning. Never, ever, ever going back there. I drove by there today, and felt that same ugly feeling I felt in the bathroom. YUCK!

1  Thank Iaintyomama
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I have fond memories of going to Rosewood as a child for ice cream. It really is a staple for this area. Really townie and people flock when it opens. It always has long lines, and the locals will rave about it.

Due to this fact, be prepared for a small town feeling of this place, but very, very crowded, whether it be for ice cream or food, so it's not the place to stop for a quick bite.

I no longer live in the area, but came back and decided to give the place a shot now that I was an adult. I'd only ever had ice cream there, but I love good fried shrimp, so I decided to try that. I nearly having a heart attack at the price of a platter ( $15?! ) before relaxing when I saw how pricy everything else was - I feel like I got off easy.

I will say this. I don't think I had the person taking my order's attention for a single second. She was all over the place, and every single person I saw speaking or spoke to that worked there was curt, short, and borderline rude, rushing me despite the fact it was them I was waiting on. It's clear that's not really their goal here, which works fine given that they have a fanbase that will come back regardless.

In regards to the shrimp platter, they don't really do much to dress it up. It was big, so I feel like despite everything, I did get my money's worth. However the shrimp tasted like plain, fried batter - almost like they hadn't even tried to season it, not even with a little pepper or salt. Some people like that - authentic fried shrimp, no BS, just fried shrimp. Me, I like a little bit more flavor. I ended up dousing them in cocktail sauce. The onion rings were very much the same - just batter, no flavor. Nothing more disappointing than getting a heaping pile of bland food.

I tried to go there another time to see how the ice cream was, but oddly enough their window and everything was closed, despite it being five minutes prior to the time posted. Oh well.

1  Thank Bonnie Z