“Some good and some okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
MA
“Some good and some okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2012

The place is very clean and comfortable. The seafood is excellent, very fresh...good fish and chips. The other food is up and down but we stick to the basics and we keep coming back.

1 Thank alwaysontheroad2008

Sterling, Massachusetts
“Great Food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

Nice interior. All wood decor making it a little noisy.
Friendly service, good food served hot.
Handicap accessible.

Visited October 2012
“Donno 'bout the Drinks, but Skip the Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Recently I decided to give this bar & grill a try. I went there with a good friend, and we were rather surprised at the prices, but decided to give it a try. He order the beef tips with a side of butternut squash. I ordered a plain hamburger (most of them were $12.95!) with mayo, tomato, and lettuce. Also ordered a side of butternut squash, 2 small ($1 salads - which were nowhere on the menu), and an order of hot wings.

Well.

His tips were burnt on the outside, and rarish on the inside (I guess that's how he likes them, since he didn't complain).

The $1 salads were huge and fairly appealing.
But that's where it all went south.

The wait for our food was waaaay too long.
I got my salads first
Then we got the wings (just so-so).
My hamburger came first (I asked for medium well), and there was BLOOD all over my plate and oozing through the cheese!)

Disgusted, I sent it back, and 10 minutes later it was BURNED.
Should have figured that would happen.
Worst of all, the other waitress (only two that I could see in the whole place) gave me an evil scowl when I sent the burger back.

Then she came back to inform us that we couldn't get butternut squash. Only broccoli.

I told her to forget it. I would live without mine.
My friend, however, ordered the broccoli. He was completely done with his meal, and finally the broccoli showed up. He didn't eat it, but paid for it anyway.

Our waitress was good about it, and they decided to knock off the price of the burger.

Big deal. I don't expect free food if they get it to me in a decent amount of time, or correct any mistakes.

But this place? No way will I ever be back.

Customers were scarce, except for those bellied up to the bar. So stay away if you want a decent meal, at a decent price, with decent service (and expect to get what you ordered).

I got the impression that they basically want to run a bar, and not a grill. So be it!

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank BobbyLoves2Travel
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Great Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Loved the atmosphere! We went on a Sunday afternoon and as we were seated there was an Irish fiddler group that began to play. It was very relaxing.
The staff was very friendly. My friend ordered her burger medium well and it came out more like medium rare. She sent it back and the outside came back charred but the inside was still medium rare. The manager was very nice, took the burger off the check as well as gave us a 10% discount on our entire bill.
I had the steak tips and they were delicious! I ordered them medium and they came out perfect. I guess if your ordering a burger just order it more well done then you normally would!
Over all we had a great time, I would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“I live local and will not be back, I've asked around and I am not the only one that feels this way.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

My 8 year old son had a raw hamburger, in which a new one took almost 20 minutes. The wife and I waited to eat with him, good thing she had a fair quality club sandwich, don't know how you screw that up but they did. I had the worst baked stuffed fish that anyone could serve, it was the size of about a cell phone with what tasted like stove top stuffing inside, it was gross certaintly not fresh as it came with only a dixie cup size coleslaw and no veggies or pottato for $15.95. Whole bill was almost $50.00 with only one soda and I felt violated, or they should have paid me to taste test. They had the nerve to give me a 20% off the next visit but I put that in the trash on the way out and told them I will not be needing this and the boss man didn't even care as he continued to suck down his booz. As for you boss man I was in there on a Friday night at 7:00 when you and your establishment should be at your best, consider paying attention and retrain your cook or get rid of him or her.

• 1 of 5 bubbles