“Nice Little Breakfast Place”
Review of Marika's

Marika's
Ranked #65 of 136 Restaurants in Beverly
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American, German, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went her through the recommendation in Trip Advisor. We were pleased. Good food served quickly (but expect a wait on weekends). The food is mostly basic American with the odd German touch here and there (like the fried potatoes). It was fun to talk about Germany with the owner, as we were fellow Rheinlanders (I lived in Cologne as a young student and she was from Duesseldorf). My wife really enjoyed the blueberry pancakes (and you can get real maple syrup for an upcharge). My eggs and potatoes were great, but I do like a little more corned beef flavor in my hash--it was still good though. Portions were decent--though I certainly could have eaten more of the fried potatoes! Prices were reasonable. You could also tell there was a regular, local clientel, and that's always a good sign. Lunch is also available, but we were in the mood for breakfast. I would like to come back and try lunch the next time our travels bring us back to the Bay State.

1  Thank kgilbert78

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Went to visit Endicott College and was looking for a place for breakfast. Called ahead and because it wasn't busy, they had the table set and waiting for us when we arrived. Special on the board was banana and chocolate chip pancakes which we all ordered. Regular coffee was strong and very good, but the specialty mocha coffee and iced mocha were amazing...almost a meal in itself! Pancakes were huge with powdered sugar on top and lots of sides of butter. We all left with to go containers because they tasted so good and the portions were huge. The best part of our experience was Marikas mother. A wonderful woman from Germany, she made us feel like we were guests, eating in her kitchen at home. So attentive and kind, and a pleasure to talk with. Would definately return to this family establishment. It is worth a drive!!!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

During a recent visit to the area we found this little place for breakfast and are so glad we did. The food was creative, well-prepared, delicious, and reasonably priced. What more do you need? As a bonus, the owners are very friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and Me tried Marika's for Breakfast on September 15, 2013 and found the experience very satisfying. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere casual. We were treated like they had always known us. This is not a fast food restaurant and everything was cooked fresh much like home cooking. The prices were very reasonable and the Restaurant was clean and homey. The restaurant staff was focused on pleasing the customer and asked us several times " if we were pleased with our meal. When in Beverly MA I would have Breakfast here again.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

So, the food was just ok. The pancake and has browns were awesome, but the bacon tasted funny. I couldn't figure out exactly what it was, but my husband agreed. My biggest down side was the wait time. From the time we arrived, we were greeted quickly and ordered pretty quickly, pretty standard for breakfast. Then, we proceeded to wait about 45 minutes for our food. The place is small and was not even full. And, it's eggs. When we did get the food, the eggs were not hot. I mean, they weren't cold either, but they weren't hot. Service was really nice, there is just no need to wait that long. I could have had 3 breakfasts at Stephys or Ryal Side, or had breakfast at the depot diner and waited 30 minutes and still been done quicker!

1  Thank Rachelle G

Been to Marika's? Share your experiences!