“Acetage”

Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Billerica
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

Decent but nothing spectacular. Convenient to highway but not anything else. Will stay again in September as it suits my needs but not much more. Laundry are is small but a plus. Fitness and pool nice. Breakfast was fair but pricey. Again not much for options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 21 July 2013

RECOMMENDED with notes: This is my second visit to this highly popular (and often sold out) Courtyard in the Billerica tech area. The original build of this property was not a Courtyard and was rebranded in past years.

Renovated Courtyard interior was quite comfortable, will illuminated, nice desk area and chair, comfortable bedding. Nice bath area and plenty of towels with good illumination. Internet speed was VERY GOOD (see photo), congrats to Marriott for setting std for free in-room business internet (all wifi with minimal fuss to log on).

The downsides were some room noise showed 70db on bed nearest a/c unit (about the level of 2 people talking). Turn it off and you will hear some faint road noises from the nearby highway. Plus the A/C blows over the bed. I ended up turning the unit off as I'm a light sleeper but awoke to a fairly muggy room. I didn't encounter any room-to-room or hallway noise though the property was sold out.

Another downside is sadly the restaurant, the extra charge breakfast simply was lacking. No spark or sparkle to it, area is also dimly illuminated. Service was mostly slow (always asking for coffee gets old). You can special made omelettes and these were freshly prepared and good. The hotel has nothing nearby so you're stuck here for breakfast.

On a final note, a basic A/C repair request (drain line clogged) took 3 attempts (and 3 days) and was not resolved until I had escalated to the property manager.

This is our corporate hotel and I'd probably stay here again due to the proximity to our offices. Nothing too serious to warrant not recommending. As others noted, fine but nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Kris F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us! I apologize that your stay could have been better and this feedback will help us to improve.
thank you!

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. While it was OK in terms of location for me for work purposes, I cannot see it being a great location for pleasure trips. Hotel was very clean and the room was well appointed and comfy. My room was at the freeway side of the building and do I could clearly hear the traffic all night. Ask for a room with a number greater than 10 to stay away from the noise. The main let down for me were the staff I encountered especially in the bar/ restaurant. To me there was a lack of professionalism and a feeling at times that they did not want to be there. The entrance can be tricky to locate and I was glad I had reviewed google maps ahead of my journey there as the GPS wasn't a help at all. Overall for a two night work trip the hotel was fine. Just couldn't see myself wanting to stay longer or ever using it as a holiday destination

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Room was clean, everything went great. All staff was friendly. The waitress Erica was really nice and friendly. I stayed 3 nights and she served us 3 days in a roll. Always has a smile on her face, good personality. Amazing customers skills. thank you for your kindness. Amazing food. I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Kris F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us! We will make sure that Erica knows you enjoyed her great service and we look forward to having you here agian!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Check-in was a bit of a process. Our room did not have feather-free pillows as we had requested in our reservation. We were also disappointed by the thin walls and the very meager selection at the bar. With that said, the hotel is fine for a short stay - I would not want to stay longer than two nights. Just don't expect anything spectacular and prepare to stay in the middle of a giant office park.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel in July. Nice clean hotel. Great pool area. 10 minute drive to train station for access to Boston. Close to restaruants. Only complaint was entrance to hotel is confusing. Not right of main road, you have to drive through another parking lot to access hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Its a bit far from boston downtown with nothing much to do around.

The carpet in the room was wet due to water leakage from AC. We did not care much about it as we were there to spend a short night.

Everything else was decent.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Billerica
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
3 mi away
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
3 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn

Been to Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford? Share your experiences!