“Homewood Suites exceeds expectations”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Billerica
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Whenever we go on vacation or visit our family, we stay in a Homewood Suites, if one is available. No other hotel/motel beats the cleanliness, service, free breakfast, pool, and accommodations, by far! The fully-equipped kitchenette in each room is great for us, as we prefer to have our own food rather than have to eat in restaurants. Homewood Suites is truly our home away from home!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Arzu L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback.
My staff and I are glad to know that you took advantage of our amenities we provide and made yourself home.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Thank you for your business and your loyalty.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

This was the first time we stayed at a Homewood Suites. I booked 2 suites for 2 nights at this hotel mostly due to the close proximity to the Burlington Mall, and the fact that this hotel had a shuttle that advertised it would take you various places within a 5 mile radius. Because we were travelling in a group, I knew this shuttle would be handy for those who wanted to shop until they dropped. Unfortunately, what the website does not tell you is that this shuttle does not operate on the weekends, only week days. Sigh. We chose this hotel over the nearby Hampton Inn as the Homewood Suites had a pool and the Hampton Inn did not. I saw the Hampton Inn shuttle at the mall, however! I guess one needs to decide if they want the pool more than the shuttle on the weekend.
The staff here are very competent. They were able to get us rooms that were side by side. They also presented us a courier delivery upon our arrival that was important to one member of our party. They were always very pleasant and helpful. One thing I really appreciated about this hotel: even if you are leaving to early before the official start of breakfast, they still make some cold breakfast items available to the guests prior to the official breakfast start. Very thoughtful.
There is major construction that causes a headache trying to pull in to this hotel. I knew that in advance, but I thought my GPS could figure it out anyway--nope! Do your research in advance! It will save you time in the long run. This hotel offers to buy your groceries in advance of your arrival. This is a feature that I would like to try in the future.
This hotel has everything a group could ask for: pool, hot tub, complimentary breakfast, fitness room, elevator, there is always tea and coffee. Check in is easy. the suites are very comfortable. It is wonderful to have a fridge. I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Arzu L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on Trip advisor .com for our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. My staff and I are very happy to know you have enjoyed your stay.

Like you have mentioned our shuttle is available within 5 mile radius. The manager on Duty would be happy to help our guests with their shuttle requests on the weekends as well.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I love the Homewood Suites. It is one of my favorite hotels for many reasons. In fact, when I'm working in the area this is the hotel I typically stay at this location.

Now don't get me wrong I haven't lost that loving feeling because I'm still in love with the Homewood brand but I may be on the rocks with this particular location.

Everything started out great. I was able to grab a room because if my status with Hilton. So after waking up at 3:15am in Chicago and jumping on the first flight to Boston, I was able to freshen up and unpack my bag, before hitting the office.

I started noticing things in my room. Like the handle to my bedroom door was literally falling off. The screws were totally stripped. My kitchen sink was dripping water every time I turned it on. I could hear Justin T. singing "Cry me a Waterfall"! I was going to call down but those were a couple of major fixes. First I don't want plumbers and locksmiths working in my room, while I'm at work. What if they put my underwear on their heads and start making funny uTube videos. Hey it could happen! Or they decide to take all the cash I hid under the mattress. Don't judge me there's no wall safe here.

I've also noticed the heating wasn't working great. I was really cold the first night and it was set at 70. Then I set it to 85 and it was still not pumping out major heat. I noticed in my last review I had issues with the AC. I can't catch a break here when it comes to climate control.

My final straw was when I returned to my room at midnight and it was not made. Yes the maid seemed to ignore my room. It's not a good feeling. I went down to see the night manager and he didn't seem very concerned. He then asked me if I left the "Do Not Disturb Sign" on the door! Wow! It's midnight and you are gonna pull the old...it's my fault! Dude it's not my first night in a hotel. I asked him for some fresh towels, which he grabbed for me in back. I just wasn't happy I had to go down to inform the staff about what they usually do.

The food quality was also not great. I know everyone is trying to cut corners. I was happy the first day for breakfast with hard boiled eggs. Then on day two the hard boiled eggs disappeared. I asked and was told that they don't have them. They were serving the most gross looking egg soufflé. Two minutes later, the hotel worker that told me he had no hard boiled eggs offered to make scrambled eggs for some other hotel guest who was grossed out by the egg dish they were offering. Hmmm! Couldn't he had boiled me two eggs? In fact, he went on to offer scrambled eggs to other guests, who grossly looked at this dried out egg soufflé. That's great but where's my hard boiled eggs. It was the only healthy option.

Last but not least the water in the shower here sucks. You feel greasy when you get out of the shower. No matter what I do, I can not get the feeling of slime off my body. I have no idea who's fault this is but it's just not a fun feeling in the morning.

I love the concept of Homewood Suites. In fact, this is the only location I have had an issue at. I just had to say something. I just hope somebody is listening.

On a side note: The room with the issues was #114. Avoid it at all cost.

• Stayed: March 2013
Arzu L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the items needing attention in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issues, however I apologize that they weren't resolved sooner. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through exceptional service and comfortable accommodations and we value your input as a loyal guest of our family of hotels. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area so we might show you the quality hospitality you deserve and have come to expect from us.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Figured when I saw such a cheap price on a suite, that the place must be a dump but far from it. Everything was perfect. Room was amazing. Found the room a little cool in the evening (even after adjusting the heat) but the comforter kept us warm.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Francine C
Arzu L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel. We do appreciate your feedback. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stay here regularly for business. Rooms are fine, a little dated. Why is the water so slimy?? Too much water softener I guess...
I love the dinners that they serve from 5-7. I will probably stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment for our hotel on tripadvisor.com. Our hotel was renovated 2 years ago and room are updated however our style is not too contemporary like some other hotels might be.
Thank you for letting us know about the softness of the water. We are looking into it.
Again, thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 14 March 2013

The GM of this property (Arzu) was previously at another property in the Boston area, which she turned into a first class property. I am happy to say I have found Arzu in Billerica and she has taken her award winning style with her! The staff is top shelf. The morning breakfast and evening managers reception is exceptional.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and up to date. Only thing lacking was the newspaper not delivered to the room, but it was available in the lobby everyday. For business or pleasure this property will not disappoint.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your compliments and thank you for your comments . We love having you here and I am so sorry I did not get to see you during your stay .

Per Hilton we are required to have newspaper only in the lobby area. However digital newspaper is availabe for all of our guests.

Again, Thank you for staying with us . We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

My wife and I decided to take an overnight away and knowing the quality of other Homewood Suites establishments we've stayed at, chose this one. We very much enjoyed our stay there. It was not too difficult to find, though using a GPS helped greatly. I could see how one could get lost if one did not have a GPS.

The room was very clean and very well-kept. All of the amenities we found to be very nice. We also enjoyed the pool area, which was much nicer than it looked at first glance, probably due to the tinted windows leading into the area. We were also quite pleased by the evening meal served at the hotel (this one only does Monday through Thursday) and the breakfast was, as always, one of the best included breakfasts around.

My one gripe is the entertainment system, which is difficult to navigate and the lack of a TV Guide being built into it makes it kind of difficult to choose what to watch if you're not doing on-demand or pay-per-view.

But to end on a high note, it was a very restful, pleasant time for a very decent price. When you factor in the evening meal, the overnight cost becomes equal to other establishments plus dinner, so it turns out to be much more affordable than at first glance.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wolfhawke
Arzu L, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We really appreciate it. I am very happy to know that you had a very restful, pleasant stay and enjoyed our amenities.
Thank you for your feedback about the entertainment center. I will work on making it more user friendly.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Arzu LeBlanc

Also consider these accommodations in or near Billerica
Hampton Inn Boston Bedford Burlington
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen
3 mi away
Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston - Billerica? Share your experiences!