“Great views and service”
Review of J's Restaurant

J's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Food wasn't bad either!! We sat outside for lunch. Had a lovely spot and a charming waitress. Just would say the lobster roll could have had more lobster. It was $20 and presented beautifully but was lacking anything resembling chunks. It was really meager and a little embarrassing. Everyone else was quite pleased with their selections. Suggest taking winery tour, then eating lunch, and then going wine and beer tasting. Don't miss the garden in front of the restaurant. Taste as you walk through. Blueberries, herbs, etc. Great way to spend an afternoon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Pretty good French bistro fare for being out in the wilds of Mass. Nice converted farmhouse feel. Great staff. A pleasant surprise out in the boondocks.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The food quality was very poor. My husband ordered the beef tenderloin and could barely get a knife through it, it was so tough and stringy - he barely ate half of it. For a destination type restaurant things like the bread basket should have homey type options, not some white french bread chopped up like I can get anywhere! Cesear salad was strips of romaine lettuce with a think white dressing. The wine was good but the portions for a glass serving are very small and very expensive. Overall it was a terrible meal and very expensive. Outback steak house has better food than here! Nothing special, bad food, very expensive. I won't be going bad, and I feel cheated. The "gardens" outside with walking paths are full of weeds. It was dark when we left the restauarant and there aren't any lights once you leave the building...no twinkles lights in the trees, no little foot path lights...we used our cell phones to stumble across the driveway and into the parking lot. Save yourself the time and $ and go somewhere else. So disappointed.

1  Thank GoAwaySoon
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We have seen the winery sign as we travel to Massachusetts to visit relatives so we thought we would try it for supper when we came down on Saturday April 12, 2014. We looked up the menu and info on the restaurant and they suggested to make a reservation. Well we tried for that Saturday night but they were full, so we opted for lunch instead.
We got to the winery and were taken right in, unfortunately they sat us right near the door where everyone walks by, I did see some window seats but I'm sure because they say they are always so busy the seats were reserved.
The room we were in was so loud that we could not carry on a conversation with each other, the menu was very limited, we decided to try there wine and ale. The ale was amazing and the cranberry wine excellent, but the pear wine was not tolerable, it was very bitter! The waitress was wonderful and suggested another wine for us! The sandwich I had was OK, so was the rest of the food that we got. I really had higher expectations from this winery. We will give it one more try, but next time I will ask to sit out on the porch or near a window. Hopefully they will live up to there expectations next time, because the area where they are is very beautiful.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We've tried this place a handful of times over the years wanting desperately to love it. The ambiance is nice, the view is unsurpassed, yet the food is always a mixed bag. They try hard, with what appears to be an interesting menu selections. Some things are tasteful, but more often than not we find the flavors just don't mesh or are on the bland side. I wouldn't mind the cost if I walked away thinking 'boy that was a yummy meal'. Instead I'm always a bit dissatisfied. Service is always great.