“Very nice hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bourne
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Went to the Quality Inn for a 2 night weekend stay for a local wedding. The hotel rooms were very spacious, clean and affordable. The continental breakfast was well stocked with coffee, tea, juices, hard boiled eggs, muffins, pastries, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, etc. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights as it was located close to a wedding we were attending. The location is great - about 2 minutes from the Bourne Bridge. The rooms were clean and I liked that each room had a fridge and microwave. And they didn't charge extra for a crib rental. The free contential breakfast was typical for a hotel. My issues - I didn't feel like I was on a vacation at the Cape. The decor is out of date. The pool area was dirty and there were no towels available. The hot tub was broken. Except for one front desk staff person, the rest of the staff couldn't recommend any local restaurants or places to walk (no fitness center). There is no elevator if you are staying on the second floor (which I was not made aware of when I booked the rooms and my mother has a very hard time with stairs). For the price, this was not a good value, but it was convenient. We probably will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you have any accessibility issues.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bostonfam02184
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Let me explain my review title. I stayed at this hotel for the second consecutive year (last weekend in June both times) as a participant in a cycling ride for charity. Both years, the front desk manager knew of the event we were participating and welcomed us with a group rate (booked in advance) and quick check in. The morning of check out is early for event participants -- 4:30 am departure (by choice unfortunately). But a full breakfast was still waiting for us, even that early. This year, when we checked in we were disappointed to learn the hot tub was broken -- it helps after a day of cycling! Again the front desk attendant proved how tuned in this staff is to their clientele: she told us the general manager had worked very hard to try and get it repaired in time for our visit, because he knew our tired legs would be looking for hot tub relief. Apparently when it broke less than a week prior, he was very busy getting repairmen in and very vocal with them when it wasn't fixed in time. I would have given a five rating if the hot tub was working, but the story is really a testament to the staff's attention to detail, knowledge of events in the area, and their respect for repeat customers. Highly recommended for weary travelers looking for some TLC.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sleeta
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Despite the 3 year old review referenced in my above title, I just returned from a brief stay at the hotel. The 2008 review had me concerned, as I had been to the hotel a number of times, many years ago. Hey - it's not the Ritz ( and the price was a real value (off season, of course) , but it is far from the place described in the earlier review. New decor, rugs, etc. (at least in my room) , and housekeeping did a super job each day! AND, this room had more lights in it than normal. I could actually read in bed ! Check in was easy and the man at the front desk greeted me pleasantly despite my midnight check in. He had already fixed an incorrect room rate quoted by the home office but not honored in the email confirm. So that was an issue I did not have to deal with at the late hour !
Safe area, well lit, spacious parking lot. I would have no problem staying there in the future or recommending it for a budget conscience traveler.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Great clean room, at a decent price, don't care what anyone else says, the room for $107 a nite was bigger than most $200 rooms
Will come again

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Relatively recent renovations have made the rooms comfortable and clean. Usually do not stay in Quality Inns but needed a place at the last minute in this area. Was pleasantly surprised. Very attentive staff, clean rooms and quiet. 100% non smoking. Includes complimentary breakfast until 10 a.m. (which we missed so cannot comment on it). Would definitely stay there again. Located right at Bourne Bridge.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teacher_Mother
Reviewed 22 July 2010

We stayed 1 night after going to the Barnstable Fair on the Cape. I picked the Quality Inn because I'm familiar with the chain, and we weren't disappointed. With our discount, a King room with fridge and microwave was $135. The room was large, clean and nicely decorated. The AC worked and it wasn't loud. We didn't hear any noises from other rooms. We checked in at 10 PM and checked out at 7 AM, but the three different desk clerks on duty between those times were all polite and helpful. There was a computer in the lobby for guests to use. We didn't stay for breakfast, as there is an IHOP across the street. There is a convenience store and a laundromat right next to the hotel.
I'm very picky about hotels, and this one was a good last-minute find in my book. Based on information in older reviews, I'd say major improvements have been made to this hotel recently.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourne
Best Western Cape Cod Hotel
#4 of 6 in Sandwich
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!