“Garbage” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bourne
JERSEY
“Garbage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2008

I stayed at this hotel. I reserved a room weeks ahead of time for my brothers wedding. When I got there they lost the reservation and the hotel was booked. I had to find another hotel to stay at until the next day when they would have a room available. THEN there was NO tissue in the room. I called and called the front desk got NO ANSWER. I had to walk down stairs and wait over 15 min until someone finnally came to the front desk to give me tissue. The room also was a non smoking room. NO ONE smoked in the room but because they found a empty box of ciggarettes in the garbage can they tried to charge me a $200 fee saying I smoked in the room. I am disputing that charge right now with corp. How can they charge you smoking in a room because they found a empty cig pack? the room didnt smell of cigs or were there ashes or butts in the room, because we didn't smoke in there.. The hotel is dirty, nasty, and non pleasant employees (for the acception of one, who could only do so much because she wasn't management) My best advise is don't stay at the best western it should be called the worst western. one more thing not only did they loose my reservation, I had a conf code, and they didn't discount me for my troubles of having to go looking for another room the first night of my stay. They should have let me have the room for free Saturday night. ALSO THE PRICE IS WAY TOO HIGHT FOR WHAT YOUR GETTING $131.00/NIGHT UM NO THANKS!!!!!

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank JerseyTravels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fort Myers
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

I am not sure if the other reviewers travel much, but I must tell you, this place is badly in need of renovations. Oh yes, the toilets do plug up. Then the bathtub has, not kidding, a 2 foot rise to get in. Our tub was originally a jacuzzi, but not now and obviously replaced the original tub that was in this bathroom. Then there was mold on the ceiling and sides of the shower stall.
There are window air conditioners that could not keep the room very cool. The towels were thin and scratchy, the room curtains did not close enough to keep out the morning light. However, the room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The carpet in the hallways and breakfast area is in dire need of replacement. The side door, which was closest to our room, was closed by someone, and when we tried to use our room key to get it in, it wouldn't open. So we had to go all the way around the outside to the main entrance where we were told that door should not have been closed., So that means it stays open so that anyone can just walk right in anytime. I definately would not stay there alone.

We stayed here for a wedding and when we arrived, our check in slip showed we were here for the wedding. Well the front desk clerk was supposed to give all wedding attendees a package from the bride and groom that included information about how we were to be picked up to get to the wedding.. Of course, they did not give us anything and I acutally saw the gift bags lined up behind the desk, but of course, did not know what they were.

The breakfast is pretty pitiful with some danish, bagels, cold cereal and black bananas in a tiny room.
There is no room internet access just one very slow computer in the lobby.
I would never stay here again. It is not near to anything like a good restaurant or not even a drug store. It is a hotel in every sense of the word, and it was not cheap, just looked that way.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Shabby place
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sendmehome

Travellers are raving about these Bourne hotels

New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

Very pricey for the accomendations. The rooms were clean, but all the rooms the toilets back up, that's why toilet plungers arefound in every bathroom. The front desk clerks were not very informative about the area. If this place were 40 bucks a day perhaps you can put up with toilet problems. The view of Bourne Bridge at night is pleasant which is different. The location is just as you drive into Cape Cod to the right of the circle which they call it a round about, not worth the money. It diffenantly is a motel not hotel catergory.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank jersey767
Newport, RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2007

I was a guest of a wedding, a member of the bride's family and we were all booked at this hotel. The wedding party probably accounted for 1/2 of the hotels guests. After the reception we all proceded back to the hotel to have cocktails at the bar. First the bartender would not serve me because my state ID was not an acceptable form of ID in MA, even though I am 24, married with a child. They actually asked me to leave because it was after 10 pm and they were no longer serving food. After that they proceded to cut off or kick out of the bar the majority fo the other guest and even members of the bridal party including groomsmen and even the mother of the bride. The hotel was poorly managed to handle the volume of people we had and they lost serious business. The bartenders were completely unprofessional and she even threw a fit and asked my husband to leave when he ordered 2 drinks at the same time. For a qcute little town of the Cape, in an area of the nation that prides itself on kindness and familiarity it was one of the worst, bars, towns hotels I have ever been to and I am a waitress and a bartender so I feel that my opinion is as unbiased as they come.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — The Tavern...don't waste your time
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrewsterTiffany
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

I have stayed at this property several times over the years. Basically, it's halfway between a motel and a hotel. The rates go way up in the summer but that's the Cape for you.

The location - right by the Bourne Bridge - is very convenient to anyplace in the Upper Cape area. There's plenty of parking, but if you stay in a first floor room you are going to be closer to the cars than you might expect. Most of the rooms have a little balcony where you can sit and have a smoke or whatever. The water pressure in the showers is FANTASTIC, so if you're picky about that this is a good place for you.

The rooms are clean, good sized, and reasonably comfortable. You can pay more for a jacuzzi suite, but be aware that the jacuzzi replaces the wall of the bathroom, so if you're sharing a room you'd better be awfully chummy. The jacuzzis are functional but not opulent or anything.

The hotel provides free juice and bagels/danish in the mornings. It also features an indoor pool and whirlpool that are open until 10 PM at night - this is great if you have kids. There is a restaurant and bar on property - they make pretty good drinks and the food is OK, if a bit overpriced. They have live bands on Friday and Saturday nights.

My recent stay was uneventful. The A/C worked and so did the cable TV. There was no pen in the room to write with, but I had one with me anyway.

All in all, this is a pretty decent place to stay. My only complaint is that the rates seem to go up every year.

• Liked — I love the water pressure in the showers!
  • Disliked — If somone's outside on thier balcony next door you will hear everything even with your slider closed.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stratton
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2006

My family and I stayed here July 9-12 and were very pleased with the hotel. The rooms were very nice, comfortable and most importantly, clean! Our room was very spacious -more so than in most hotels with 2 double beds. Our children used the pool several times during our stay and the pool was clean and a nice size. The pool was never really busy-maybe 4 other people besides us at any time. The location of the hotel is very convenient when traveling to Cape Cod or the surrounding area. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2006

The Beds are the cheapest most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. We had to get a few more mattress covers to try to keep the springs out of our backs! They offered to change our room but all the beds are the same. Very surprised a chain that large would skip on the beds!

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourne
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay
#8 of 22 in Hyannis
Inn on the Square
Inn on the Square
#8 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!