“Comfortable and good service” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boxborough
Acton, Massachusetts
“Comfortable and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hotel staff is very polite and accommodating. The rooms are comfortable though a bit over priced for the quality, and housekeeping staff is very good. Little things are missed, like they forgot to replenish my supply of coffee and there was no extra blanket in the room. The heater/cooler unit is too loud, though not offensively so. The restaurant is OK - not great - and since this is a fairly sparsely populated area it's not easy to find another place to eat so you're kind of stuck if you're staying here, especially with children. Wifi works well. It's well located right off of route 495, but is really the only place in the general area to stay. We were here for several nights on a house hunting trip prior to moving to Acton where there are no hotel/motels. Biggest disappointment was a group of people apparently here for a convention who all seemed to leave around 1 am and were extremely loud - apparently oblivious to the fact that people might be sleeping at that hour. That wasn't the hotel's fault, but I have to wonder if there isn't some way those awful fire doors can be muffled when they close.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HowardSobel, General Manager at Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you about your comments about the Hotel and Staff. Our associates are very caring and helpfull to our guests. We get great reviews about our housekeeping Department , the same that you experienced. I hope your house hunting was successfull and we look forward to you being a neighbor, and seeing you more often.
Always at Your Service!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Long Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I checked in and was greatly kindly at the front desk. This hotel is in need of upgrade, but is kept as best as possible and the rooms are clean. I only stayed one night so it wasn't too bad, I would consider staying elsewhere if I need to stay longer. The breakfast was included and I was able to have hot food, fruit and tea. It was adequate, at best but it was something.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HowardSobel, General Manager at Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank You for your comments about our staff. Also I appreciate what you stated about our clean rooms. We just purchase all new pillows for our rooms, a start of our upgrade, they are extremely comfortable and next time you are travelling in the area , please give us another chance.
bolton,ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

menu was sparse to say the least - no specials - salads were a bowl of wilted lettuce - the 6 slivers of packaged chicken was tasteless - we also had egg rolls - again something ouit of a package and thrown into the micro - also the tomatoes were little chunks of something that was left in the cooler for days - the total bill was approx $45.00 for 2 salads and an order of egg- rolls - i could have done better at the mcdonalds - at least its fresh - i really think you need an overhaul of the kitchen - - there were 6 people for lunch - i think that says something - i really dont think someone in the local area would go out of there way to have lunch there - a few years ago it was the place to go - but now its not the place to go -

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HowardSobel, General Manager at Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Sorry to hear about your lunch in our restaurant. Our kitchen usually gets rave reviews about our Restaurant and Banquet food. Many local people come on Wed. and Thurs. nights as we run some very good specials including Prime Rib for $12.95. Please give us another try. I believe you won't be disappointed.
Alwats at Your Service!
Moorestown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the stay . Very friendly staff and extremely clean hotel. Did not use the pool but a great hangout area for the kids or just looking to relax. We did not eat the restaurant, but checked it out. The breakfast buffet was huge and the food looked good. I would highly recommend this hotel...awesome value!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HowardSobel, General Manager at Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your comments on how clean the hotel is. I will pass it on to our housekeeping department , who take great pride in hearing comments like yours. Our pool is fun for school vacations and next time you are visiting check out our breakfast buffet, you won't be disapointed.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

First, Id like to comment that the place is stunning! Just outside of the pool area is a beautiful fountain and gazebo that are quite lovely. Our room was standard. Nothing too fancy, but nice. I did not enjoy my dinner there, but breakfast was fine.

My complaints are that the pool was dirty, there was a shortage of chairs, and they were always out of towels. I traveled with myself and four kids ages 8 and under. I called the front desk to make sure they had towels down at the pool and she said yes. When we arrived, no towels. Of course the kids had already jumped into the pool so we were stuck and I couldn't run to the room and leave them unattended. I called the front desk and about 10 minutes later a staff member came down with 5 towels that were quickly snatched up by someone else. This happened to us twice. The poor kids were freezing.

I stayed during February vacation, so Im certain this was why. There were plenty of kids there and some adults had hoarded every chair in the area for themselves...even using on to just put their stuff on. I had to sit on the wet ground and strategically drape our belongings on the fence to avoid getting soaked. Due to the crowd, there were clumps of hair and Band-Aids floating in the pool. Two of the kids got sick shortly after using the pool. Not sure if it was related.

Room Tip: I bet if you travel during a quieter time it is nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HowardSobel, General Manager at Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your comments. The Hotel and the pool and courtyard area in particular is a great setting, you feel like you are in the tropics on vacation. I am sorry we were not able to get towels to you in a more timely fashion, I have spoken to my Executive Housekeeper to make sure this situation does not happen to other guests. We test and check the pool at least four times a day for chemical levels and cleanliness. I have also spoken to my Engineer so that on extremely busy days we increase this. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, not only will it be beneficual to yourself when you hopefully return , but our other guests as well!
Rahway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed one night for a funeral, had a nice size room, good bedding and pillows, and friendly service. And if you have time the indoor in the middle of winter seems fun. If I had to critique something, they should remove or replace a lot of the carpeting, especially in the staircases and a fresh coat of paint in the hallways and on the service doors would be nice.

Room Tip: Large part of the hotel is only accessible by stairs, so ask ahead if you need a room that you can g...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HowardSobel, General Manager at Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I am so sorry for the reason you stayed here. Our pool on winter and school vacations gets a lot of use. Many families enjoy and book their vacations during that time here. We hope to see you under different circumstances next time you stay. Thank you for your comments.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Nothing special about this Holiday Inn, clean and quiet, with good breakfast (for a fee).

I probably look for better accommodations (better value), if I am not needed in the specific area, especially in the winter. Close to where you need to be worth the weight in gold.

Maybe summer time will bring different experiences.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HowardSobel, General Manager at Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Our hotel is very centrally located and convienant to many companies, TUV, Cisco and NTS. I see that you had a clean room and the accommodation were quiet. We hope to see you once again!
Always at Your Service!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxborough
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro

Been to Boxboro Regency Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!