“Kind of a 70's Retread”

Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boxborough
USA
“Kind of a 70's Retread”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The hotel is clean enough, seems safe and comfortable enough and yet overall you can tell this is a tired Holiday with a significant 70's feel update. The room was actually acceptable and probably the most up to date feature although the in-room HVAC unit ran continuously all week. The inner courtyard is the 70's throwback for me. The pool is actually large enough for laps. The restaurant is acceptable but not special. Breakfast is fine. Dinner menu is varied and generally not expensive. Food quality is average.

The overall feel is just odd. It's a mix of updates that clearly show the hotel has been around a while. You can sleep well enough, but don't plan on spending much time there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HowardSobel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am sorry to see that you didn't like our courtyard setting. It is entirely different from your ordinary high story hotel. It is a great venue for weddings and our brides love that it is not a typical venue. I am happy to see our other services were fine and I hope to see you back again. Perhaps the next time you are here the setting will grow on you! We hope so!
Always at Your Service!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Antarctica
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great, Clean and simple hotel with a fantastic indoor pool in a great setting. Ample Parking space. Very helpful staff. Hallway is a little noisy but room is very quiet and very comfortable.
just 1 elevator. Could use another one.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back for a quieter stay
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank You for your comments. We are a hidden gem in the woods. Our landscaping walking trails makes for a great outdoor setting , but inside especially with our garden court and indoor pool is what our guests continually rave about. We pride our self on our service and I am happy to see that is what you experienced. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is just off I-495 in a beautiful wooded area next to Cisco. This is like staying in a nice park or forest. The hotel itself has multiple buildings connected with an attractive enclosed courtyard with a nice pool, landscaping, a bar (which was never open when we were there) and an eating area. It's possible that the dining portion is for private functions but I'm not sure. We did not dine in the restaurant.

When we checked in we were told we would be staying on the top (third) floor of an older section of the hotel--a building that has no elevators. We were told that we would need to carry our bags up to our room. That was no problem for us because we had only two small carry-ons, but if walking up stairs with your bags is a problem, you might want to ask in advance where you will be staying.

The window to our room opened onto the enclosed courtyard, so we had no natural light coming into the room. We asked if we could change to a different room, but were told that all available rooms were on the same floor as us and facing the courtyard. Not a big problem for us, but we would have preferred a view outside.

The room itself was large, clean, and comfortable. We had two double beds in our room, a TV (about 36-inch, I think), a small refrigerator, a small desk, and a comfortable armchair. The desk chair had a problem. As you sit on the chair, it goes down, down, down until it's much too low. If you adjust the chair height to the maximum, it doesn't take long for it to return to the lowest position. We eventually moved the armchair over to the desk and used that.

The bed was quite comfortable. We were told that the room would be noisy on Saturday night because of a party in the courtyard, but we didn't hear anything.

Be aware that there is NOTHING in the immediate area of the hotel--no shops, restaurants, or other things of interest. The front desk will give you a list of area restaurants and shops, but all are about 15 miles away. Across from the entrance to the hotel there is a gas station that contains a Dunkin Donuts with no seating area. We ended up having a couple of meals there!

Overall, we thought this hotel was fine and appreciated the comfort of the room.

Room Tip: If it's important to you, be sure to ask if your room has elevator access. If you want a window...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HowardSobel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. The outside setting at the Hotel is beautiful, we get many compliments all the time and it is very close to Cisco and other companies. The courtyard we we hold special functions including weddings is a great venue. That bar you were talking about is only for functions. Our main restaurant off the lobby has a full service lounge that is open everyday. I am sorry you missed that as our guests rave about the service and food. Thank you once again and we hope to see you back!
New York
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Husband and I arrived on saturday, may 17, just for the night (we were going to BU graduation)we were very well greated by a courteous young lady (sorry dont remember her name) :(, but she was very kind and attentive. We had late dinner (about 10.:30p.m.) and again the staff was courteous, hamburgers with mushrooms delicious and in the morning buffet breakfast was good and also excellent service from the chef "CONCE" and Nellye our waitress. Room was clean. Oh! and we were there with our dog! Thanks guys!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HowardSobel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Congrats on the graduation! Our entire staff is always complimented on how helpfull and courteous they are. I am happy to see you experienced the same treatment. It was our pleasure to serve you!!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We got a pizza, chicken tenders and two can sodas. The chicken tenders were ok, pizza was not fully cooked and the sodas were room temperature. While the room was pretty clean, it looked like they didn't clean the toilet. I may try again to see if another stay may prove better but I'll pass on the restaurant

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HowardSobel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this review, 21 May 2014
I am so sorry to hear that our restaurant did not meet your expectations. I have passed your comments to the Chef and restaurant Manager. We take pride in our food served here and take all comments and will improve on them. I am sure next time if you give us another try , you will see a differance.
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very friendly efficient staff, check in was just a matter of minutes. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The beds were very comfortable. This hotel also has a restaurant on premise with a bar. The food was ok but the service was fast. This is a good area to stay in if your going shopping in this area. The hotel also has a very nice function area with fountains and garden setting. Nice pool as well. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Prefer a room on the front side of the hotel, the hall ways are long and one area of the hotel does...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HowardSobel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your comments. Our guest service agents do a great job in making all our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. We are right off Rt. 495 exit 28 and are very convenient to shopping, sports venues and many companies. Look forward to seeing you once again!
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hotel staff is very polite and accommodating. The rooms are comfortable though a bit over priced for the quality, and housekeeping staff is very good. Little things are missed, like they forgot to replenish my supply of coffee and there was no extra blanket in the room. The heater/cooler unit is too loud, though not offensively so. The restaurant is OK - not great - and since this is a fairly sparsely populated area it's not easy to find another place to eat so you're kind of stuck if you're staying here, especially with children. Wifi works well. It's well located right off of route 495, but is really the only place in the general area to stay. We were here for several nights on a house hunting trip prior to moving to Acton where there are no hotel/motels. Biggest disappointment was a group of people apparently here for a convention who all seemed to leave around 1 am and were extremely loud - apparently oblivious to the fact that people might be sleeping at that hour. That wasn't the hotel's fault, but I have to wonder if there isn't some way those awful fire doors can be muffled when they close.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HowardSobel, General Manager at Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28), responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you about your comments about the Hotel and Staff. Our associates are very caring and helpfull to our guests. We get great reviews about our housekeeping Department , the same that you experienced. I hope your house hunting was successfull and we look forward to you being a neighbor, and seeing you more often.
Always at Your Service!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boxborough
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster

Been to Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)? Share your experiences!