“Solid service and value close to Boston”

Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stay mostly at Hampton Inns when we travel and this one is not quite as nice as we generally expect.

Pros: Boston is very expensive and this hotel is a moderately priced alternative to staying downtown.
There is a mall very closeby with lots of restaurants and a movie theatre.
Free breakfast/ free parking.
Offer a shuttle which is handy.

Cons: The view is not pretty...it is next to the industrial park. We did not find it loud, as previously reported, but it wasn't pretty to look at.
We were given an accessible room and were not allowed to change. My husband is 6'5" and having the lower shower heads is a nuisance.
The 24 hr coffee was cold 2 out of 3 evenings.
Beds were a little soft.

Overall impression: we were there to site-see in Boston and this was the best value I could find with the ammenities I was looking for. I would have prefered to stay in Boston, but since that was cost prohibitive, this was a decent alternative. The hotel is easily forgettable. Not bad, just not exceptionally good in service, ammenities or location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed for a week at this Hampton Inn while visiting friends in the area. We could not have been happier with our choice. The morning breakfast provided was excellent, the room had plenty of space, even with our teenage grandson using the sofa bed, and the staff could not be friendlier. We live overseas and this is the first "motel type" place we have stayed at in years (although I would not place the Hampton Inn in what I remember as a motel as I child) and we will come back the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank James M
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I chose this hotel between many others because of it's excellent price, and it's prime location. When I say prime location, I am not taking into account the surrounding buildings to the hotel, but more of the distance to the MBTA. I went to see the fireworks over the Boston Harbor and tour around Salem. Both places had very high hotel prices for the weekend, so I found this one in Braintree. I read from previous reviews that there is a plant of somekind next door to it. Yeah, this isn't a hotel for a scenic view of the area. I stayed on the 4th floor on the plant side of the hotel, and honestly, I could barely tell it was there other than a very very rare and breif whiff of some chemical they were using. The smell was mild at best, and wasn't enough to hold it against the hotel. The staff were excellent, the rooms were very nice, and the beds....amazing! The pool area was very nice, however the fitness center sucked. The treadmill is in need of repair since the motor stutters every now and then. Hotel itself is beautiful. I probably would stay here again. Also, don't wait until nine thirty to get breakfast, thatas when everyone rushes over.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank millon9
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I stay at this hotel regularly and I love it! It's clean, in a safe area and the staff is tremendous. THey go above and beyond the call of duty and are always kind, curteous and make you feel welcomed!

The hotel is also close to many restuarants and a mall. It's the best deal in the area!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank frequentraveler16
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This hotel has very helpful staff, a shuttle service, clean comfortable rooms and moderate rates. This place is a very good value and a pleasant place to stay.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

I have stayed at this location very often. The level of customer service at the hotel is second to none. Being in the customer service business myself, i understand the importance of what makes one hotel stand out from the others. Book your reservations early as the quality of the experience sells the hotel out very quickly. I am disappointed whenever I can not get a room at this hotel.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

I travel every other week to Braintree for business and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The staff is terrific and call you by your name. The breakfast is great and they will work hard to get you whatever you need. I am from NYC and don't have a car, so having a van service is a real plus. You can go anywhere in a 10 mile radius - so no problems!!!

Yes, it is in an industrial park area, but very close to transportation and easy to get to Amtrak or T-line.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Residence Inn Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#5 of 7 in Braintree
Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree

Been to Hampton Inn Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!