“4-star service and very comfortable affordable accomodation”

Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Braintree
Houston
“4-star service and very comfortable affordable accomodation”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I was not very familiar with the Hampton Inn prior to staying at this one in February. All told, I have spent about 30 nights here since that time. Every one of my stays has been great. The front desk staff aim to please, the shuttle drivers are not only courteous but very punctual, and the breakfast offered in the morning is outstanding and well tended too. The biggest problem is that the hotel tends to be sold out so often. The Holiday Inn Express across the street makes a lot of money taking in unfortunate spillover guests. I am treated better at this hotel than at many 5 star properties I have stayed in. If only Hilton had a better frequent stay program (sigh!)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Tortola
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Having visited Boston before and experienced the issues travelling into the city, my husband and I decided to stay a little out of the hustle and bustle. We found The Hampton Inn in Braintree online and, after reading the reports on Tripadvisor, decided to book.

We were extremely impressed with the hotel. It is clean, modern and very well laid out. The rooms were spacious with huge, comfortable beds - one of the most comfortable we have stayed in. The pool area and whirpool were simply brilliant, especially after a long day of touring. We also found the fitness centre well kitted out with cardio machines and exercise units.

The complimentary breakfast, too, was excellent. It included hot options as well as fruits, yoghurts and fresh juice every day and was laid out until 10am for us late risers!

The staff could not do enough to make our stay great, including ensuring that the free shuttle which runs from the hotel to various spots was ready and waiting for us upon our return to the metro station at 11pm! Now, that's service!

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Clean, comfortable hotel located on the outskirts of Boston. Good value for money, which explains why it was so busy, particularly at breakfast time.

We used the pool, which was clean and quiet when we used it and the cookies were a nice treat in the late afternoon.

We were there in early July and bought the "Visit Boston" package, which included the use of the shuttle bus and a Subway ticket. The only negative was having to wait for the shuttle to arrive, even though we'd called them 20 minutes before we arrived at the SUbway station. I suppose it didn't help that prior to our wait we had been drenched in a rain storm in Boston.

earlville, ny
Reviewed 22 July 2010

wonderful hotel, very clean, excellent staff. Breakfast was wonderful, omelets, waffles, bagels, etc. Pool and hot tub very nice, big, clean and relaxing. Short drive into Boston. Food nearby.

O'fallon, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stay mostly at Hampton Inns when we travel and this one is not quite as nice as we generally expect.

Pros: Boston is very expensive and this hotel is a moderately priced alternative to staying downtown.
There is a mall very closeby with lots of restaurants and a movie theatre.
Free breakfast/ free parking.
Offer a shuttle which is handy.

Cons: The view is not pretty...it is next to the industrial park. We did not find it loud, as previously reported, but it wasn't pretty to look at.
We were given an accessible room and were not allowed to change. My husband is 6'5" and having the lower shower heads is a nuisance.
The 24 hr coffee was cold 2 out of 3 evenings.
Beds were a little soft.

Overall impression: we were there to site-see in Boston and this was the best value I could find with the ammenities I was looking for. I would have prefered to stay in Boston, but since that was cost prohibitive, this was a decent alternative. The hotel is easily forgettable. Not bad, just not exceptionally good in service, ammenities or location.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Guam
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We stayed for a week at this Hampton Inn while visiting friends in the area. We could not have been happier with our choice. The morning breakfast provided was excellent, the room had plenty of space, even with our teenage grandson using the sofa bed, and the staff could not be friendlier. We live overseas and this is the first "motel type" place we have stayed at in years (although I would not place the Hampton Inn in what I remember as a motel as I child) and we will come back the next time we are in the area.

1 Thank James M
New York
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I chose this hotel between many others because of it's excellent price, and it's prime location. When I say prime location, I am not taking into account the surrounding buildings to the hotel, but more of the distance to the MBTA. I went to see the fireworks over the Boston Harbor and tour around Salem. Both places had very high hotel prices for the weekend, so I found this one in Braintree. I read from previous reviews that there is a plant of somekind next door to it. Yeah, this isn't a hotel for a scenic view of the area. I stayed on the 4th floor on the plant side of the hotel, and honestly, I could barely tell it was there other than a very very rare and breif whiff of some chemical they were using. The smell was mild at best, and wasn't enough to hold it against the hotel. The staff were excellent, the rooms were very nice, and the beds....amazing! The pool area was very nice, however the fitness center sucked. The treadmill is in need of repair since the motor stutters every now and then. Hotel itself is beautiful. I probably would stay here again. Also, don't wait until nine thirty to get breakfast, thatas when everyone rushes over.

1 Thank millon9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Howard Johnson Quincy
Howard Johnson Quincy
#3 of 3 in Quincy

Been to Hampton Inn Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!