“Great Stay”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Braintree, Massachusetts
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Extended stay is a good hotel to stay and the staff is very supportive especially the manager Bob here at Braintree.Cleanliness and hygiene is also maintained.Good studio apartments.
The only thing missing is a Gymnasium.The Laundry facility is also good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Kunal - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our staff and the hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleased with both the helpfulness of our staff and the cleanliness of our property. As well, while we do not have a gym facility on site, we do have a relationship with a local gym where our guests can work out at no charge.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We normally stay in good three-star hotels (when with the kids), or in 4-star hotels or resorts (when it's just me and my husband).

We stayed at the Extended Stay America Braintree on the Labour Day weekend, while we helped our son move into and furnish an apartment. We were incredibly impressed with the staff. Clearly, their mandate is to differentiate the hotel through their service, and they succeeded. We had many questions and requests related to our needs while in the Boston area. All questions were answered with delight and a desire to be flexible and accommodating.

The hotel was in a great location for getting to Boston (with a lot less traffic than other hotels we have stayed at in the Boston area on Labour Day weekend) and it was great for shopping. If you shop in Boston and they don't have something in stock, the first alternate location they'll suggest going is to this area - it's quicker to get to than other stores within Boston, at least during Labour Day weekend. We were very impressed with the hotel cleanliness, comfort, the staff, and the convenience of the kitchenettes, and have already told three friends about this new-found chain.

Note that this is a smoking hotel. We stayed on a non-smoking floor. When we entered the room, there was the slightest odour - it was hard to tell if it was from smoke or from the cleansers. We are very sensitive to smoke (we usually stay at smoke-free hotels), but we found that the odour was slight enough to 'get past it' within a couple of minutes, and we felt no odour on ourselves, in the room, or on our clothes after that.

This hotel is 'just the basics'. No fancy lobby,and basic furnishing styles. But it was definitely clean, was a pleasure to stay at and it's location cut down drastically on time spent in traffic compared to other Boston hotels, and it saved us a bundle of money. Our ratings reflect excellence for the price paid.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that our staff provided you with such great service. All of our staff prides themselves on providing excellent and friendly customer service, so I was happy that we succeeded in that endeavor. As well, our housekeeping staff was happy to see your notes on the cleanliness of your room and our hotel. We love knowing that our guests are satisfied and comfortable while staying with us.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Smelly hallways and room, beds uncomfortable, room dirty, people loitering (homeless people live here) i'm HOH so I needed to call for late checkout, lady M said no, hung up to call brother, she called me back 4 times! kept yelling at me that I was rude for hanging up on her, then she threatened to call the police on me and have me arrested. That was it for me who would say that to a longtime professional guest? Had 2 friends come to my room and help me get out of there quick as I am disabled and can't move that fast! This is a horrible place I would not go here unless you like to party.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank gailslist
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
We appreciate you providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that your room did not meet your expectations and that we were unable to offer you a late check-out. Please know, our company policy is to extend the check-out if possible; however, if not, to offer another room night to our guests at the best available rate. I am disheartened to read that while this was communicated to you, it was not done so in the proper manner. In response to this, I can assure you that I am going to be coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service in the future and review our policies for handling these types of situations once more.

Again, I am sorry for your experience at our hotel. Please contact us directly if you would like to speak about this further.

Travellers are raving about these Braintree hotels

London
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The staff gave excellent service - very friendly and professional. I was especially impressed by Mike, Jenny and another dark haired female staff (sorry didnt get her name) who all exceeded my high expectations. I teach customer service so I am very observant of all aspects of customer service and I must say the staff and the accomodation offerd good service. Very close to a large enough mall and taxi service there/back is cheap. Only tip make sure you get the bus schedule available at reception then transport links are not a problem. Have change for the bus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Bob - It is so rewarding to read that you had a comfortable stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly and professional service. Our staff strives to provide exceptional customer service so they were really excited to hear your comments. As well, we are glad to hear that you had an opportunity to take advantage of our convenient location by visiting the nearby mall.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The room was nice for anyone staying multiple days in a hotel due to the kitchenette and had all of the basics (bed, phone, internet, tv, etc.) My biggest complaint was that all of the surface areas in the room were FILTHY!! Dirty hand prints were visible on the doors to the bathroom, iron, refrigerator, tv remote, desktops, etc. I am NOT exaggerating. I went to the front desk and was provided Clorox wipes which were all soiled with grayish black dirt after I finished wiping down the room. I probably used about 20 wipes. You can also hear people walking and talking in the halls while laying in bed and some kind of water flowing through the pipes on the ceiling. The air freshener was nice, but seemed to be masking a slight underlying odor. I would have liked it more had the room been clean. The bed was very comfortable and its not far from the mall. The "breakfast" is misleading and should be considered "complimentary snacks."

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zone6
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you found the bed in your room to be comfortable; however, the situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will strive to make sure our cleaning procedures and inspection policies are improved moving forward. As well, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. This is a new feature at our hotel, one which we are still fine tuning. As we continue to do so, we will keep your feedback in mind.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at bra@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Clean, quiet, and everything worked as it should. Nice staff, plenty of parking, newly renovated rooms with windows that can be opened for fresh air if desired. Close to highway but far enough away to not hear it. No complaints and the price is very reasonable compared to a regular hotel rooms in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SouthshoreM6
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
"I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I am so excited to hear that you had such a good experience here with us. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with clean and comfortable stay and exceptional service and it looks like we achieved that with you. Like you stated, we refreshed the hotel recently and have been working hard to make all guests stays a truly home away from home experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area."
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Checking in and the lobby was perfectly fine but the 2nd floor OH MY GOODNESS smelled like garbage and marijuana. Personally my room was clean but the bed was lumpy. There definately was a bad smell on the second floor.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LMB_Illinois
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you found our staff to be friendly and the check-in process to be easy. Still, the situation you described regarding an odor in the hallway on the second floor is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is striving to eliminate all odors moving forward..

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bra@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#4 of 7 in Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree? Share your experiences!