“If My Company Hadn't Have Paid, I wouldn't have stayed”

Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Braintree
Bristol, Rhode Island
“If My Company Hadn't Have Paid, I wouldn't have stayed”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Generally speaking, I enjoy staying at Extended Stays. I travel a lot for work and the full kitchen is so much of a convenience I can usually look past the horrific 'grab n go' breakfast.
This particular one however is staffed horribly. The one word I never expect to hear from an employee is "No" and I must say I heard this every day I stayed here. First for dish washing soap, second for dishwashing rags, third for lotion and forth for a late check out.
The patrons of this facility are largely comprised of homeless parents on welfare. I have nothing against these people or our government's ability to assist them. However I do have a problem with the hotel staff assuming everyone staying here is of equivalent status.
I truly feel under-appreciated as a guest, especially someone who requests these hotels. The room was nice and most of what I needed was provided so I cannot give it a horrid review. And it was not so terrible that I will not stay at these hotels any more. I can say, however, that I will NEVER stay at this particular one again.
DO NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANYONE THAT IS NOT HOMELESS.

Room Tip: Stay in another facility.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank btolde
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding our staff is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We met with our staff, and went over our procedures regarding the items you mentioned to ensure that we take care of our guests' requests to the best of our ability while providing great customer service.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please contact us, at bra@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Urbar b Koblenz am Rhein, Germany
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I guess hotel management have to look in to the FRONT DESK STAFF and need to provide proper training, they are very rude, one lady working in the evening (27th June-2014) verrrrry rude and do not know how to behave with customer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Estimator O
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding your customer service experience is truly regrettable. Please accept our apologies. We will be working with our front desk staff to ensure that we are providing superior customer service to each of our guests.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at bra@extendedstay.com with any more details that you can provide to ensure we can properly coach our team. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Braintree hotels

dallas tx
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just an OK hotel, very pricey. Rude customer service in the front desk. Stayed here for one night. Very very lean breakfast. Not worth the price. Look at other hotels nearby. Inside the room it was not bad. However not having a proper breakfast for that price is not acceptable to me.

Room Tip: If you are a good breakfast person like me, select some other hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank testingtest1
Nowhere land
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I rarely wrote reviews for places, but we had such a horrible experience, I feel that it must be shared as to alert the company to the issues at this hotel.
My wife and I made a reservation online as a second chance to ESA after a bad experience previously. When I checked in the front desk lady was short with me and told me I couldn't have that room type. She begrudgingly agreed and we went to our room, dropped our bags and went into the city for dinner.

We got back around 11pm and as we were getting into bed, noticed that there was short hairs all in the sheets and on the bed, obvious that the sheets had not been changed. It was late, so we called down to the front desk and asked for a clean set of sheets and 5 pillowcases. My son came back up and stated that they told him they have no pillowcases?! I sent him down again to ask that they get them from another room? We needed clean pillowcases to sleep with...

While we were waiting, my wife went to start the shower and realized that it had not been cleaned, there was a ring of grime and hair lining the bottom two inches of the tub and an open bar of soap sitting on the bath mat on the tub wall. Two of the towels had been used and refolded by the previous guest and placed back on the towel shelf.... Very gross!

At this point my wife was over this room and just wanted out, so we called we front desk and asked of there was another room we could move to. The front desk man seemed very unsure and said he would have to check, and get back with us? We said ok and sat in chairs for 15 min waiting for a call. We called back after 15 min and he said "I'm still checking... Give me 5 minutes." Why it takes 20 min to find out if a room is available, when you have a computer, is unknown to me but apparently it does for him.

After 10 more minutes, my wife had already changed the sheets, cleaned the tub and was laying in bed, exhausted. The man knocked on the door and said he had another room for us. By this time, my wife was to tired to move all of our things, so she had us get the clean pillowcases and soap from the other room so we could just stay in ours.

If that was the only problem we had, I would have just passed it off as a one-off. But it just got worse...

The next morning we needed more towels, as two were dirty from the previous guest, and my son took them down to the front desk and was told that they do not have any for us. By this point, my wife was already in the shower and we had no towels. My husband called and immediately the front desk lady started yelling at him telling him she already told us that she didn't have any towels.
I asked if we could get a key to the room from last night and she told me no. When I asked to speak to a manager, she also refused. I pleaded with her to please just let us in the room to get the towels and she finally agreed. Why it was so hard, I don't understand. If you don't have towels and I am offering you a solution, why would you not be happy that I wasn't upset at your lack of towels in the first place?!

I have no problems when I encounter problems while traveling as we are all only humans and things happen, but it is how you respond to those problems that will leave people with a positive or negative feeling about it.

This hotel needs some serious training in customer service and problem resolution and I truly hope they get it!!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank PGDJZ
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so disappointed that your stay with us resulted in such an unpleasant experience. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, our team is being re-trained on proper room inspection procedures. I personally will be going over customer service with our front desk staff as the events described were far from what we expect of them.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at bra@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed with our 4 year old son and it was very nice. Staff was excellent, room was clean, very pleasant stay. I would highly recommend this hotel, in addition to being close to Boston there is a mall down the road that our son greatly enjoyed - nice play area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Christopher – The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Kitchen counter was not cleaned from previous user. Lot's of hair in the bathtub, heater ran all night because you could see outside all around the heater, frig was very loud. Room does not get very dark. Bed sheets felt like sandpaper, carpet was very dirty, mad my socks dark by walking around. The hallway carpets were gross.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Joe_in_San_Jose
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Joe - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The condition of your room is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff on providing your room with a deep clean and improving our cleaning procedures overall to ensure that this type of issue does not happen again in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at (781)-356-8333 or BRA@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I could not be more happy with my stay. I was there for 13 weeks. All the staff were excellent, they went out of their way to make me feel welcomed. Housekeeping kept the room very clean and stocked. Only complaint was the channels on the TV.
Roddy Calicott

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff and I are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your 13 week stay with us; we enjoyed having you. Please feel free to email me at bra@extendedstay.com with any suggestions you have for our television channel lineup. I am happy to pass them along to our corporate office.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Holiday Inn Express Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Howard Johnson Quincy
Howard Johnson Quincy
#3 of 3 in Quincy

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree? Share your experiences!