“Great place for a special gift or outing!”
Review of F1 Boston

F1 Boston
Cranston, Rhode Island
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great place for a special gift or outing!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I surprised my husband with a trip to F1 Boston. I had purchased a package on Living Social and thought this was something he would really love being a racing fan. He had a fantastic time!

First, everything is very well organized. Your license is checked to ensure you are a legal driver, and they make it very clear that no one will be allowed on the track who seems to be "under the influence" in any way. There is a safety video, and track personnel go over all of the safety rules prior to allowing you into a cart. You put on a racing suit, a neck brace, and a full helmet with visor before racing. The track has lights to indicate the status of the track as well as personnel all around the track watching the action and waving flags as necessary. The track personnel allow you to have fun, but they also hold to the rules and will send a driver into the penalty lane if a major rule infringement has been spotted. This ensures fun racing for everyone! They also "blue flag" slower drivers to allow faster drivers to pass. These blue flags are mandatory, which again, keeps everyone running to their best speed (fast or slow!) and having a good time. At the end of the race there is a print out of your lap times and your average speed for the 15 laps.

My husband did 3 sets of 15 laps. We were set to purchase one race in addition to the one purchased with Living Social, but we were pleasantly surprised to find out he got one free for his birthday! Having 3 sets was great. The first set allowed him to get used to the track, and the next two allowed him to improve on his speeds.

After the racing was completed, we also had some lunch in the café associated with the track. We enjoyed sitting there watching the racing while eating.

Overall, we had a great experience!! I enjoyed watching him race, and he loved being on the track. When we have a chance, I will certainly take him here again for a special occasion. I might even try racing myself sometime!!

Suggestion: Definitely call before you go. Many companies rent out the track for corporate events. During these "private" sessions, there is no open racing. Therefore, you need to be sure there will be plenty of open racing when you want to be there. If you are willing to pay in advance, you can make reservations (at least on Friday and Saturday if I understood them). Also, as much fun as my husband had, it would have been great if there had been friends to race against on the track. Next time, we may try to plan a group event.

Visited April 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Formula1...maybe more for guys?”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Definately something to do. Not bumper cars at the amusment park. You put on a nerdy racing suit & helmet, get geared up nice & safe...go over rules & safety & take a very short spin around the track. Is it worth it? Probably not. If you ask a guy the answer would probably be different. I'd rather spend time/money/driving fake race cars vs. time/money/shopping (or eating) any day. They do have a good place to eat in that note. A small "gift" store & what reminded me of the Daytona 500 area...lots of car stuff. All in all...go on a date.

Visited November 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great bachelor party venue”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of organizing my cousins bachelor party for this past weekend. Everyone wanted to do the usual paintball, drinking, etc. We wanted something different. We had a blast at F1. It was awesome doing to beat time laps. Made it fun in between each race. We grabbed some appetizers and beers at Ascari while comparing everyones results. We didn'tstop talking about the racing the rest of the night. I hihighly recommend.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank fvbean
Parsippany, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Did 4 laps here with a work group. What a BLAST. Can't say if the price was reasonable since I didn't pay for it. And getting to the boonies out here from the city during rush hour - bad idea!

Visited August 2013
Hull, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A week of racing @ kids camp”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My 10 year old daughter attended a race camp for kids. I cannot say enough about Matt, Mike and the rest of the staff. They were great with the kids and very informative. The kids got their fill of racing and found it to be a lot of fun.

Visited May 2013