“Return visit after a few months”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #50 of 138 Restaurants in Braintree
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Decided to drive a little out of our way as we were coming back home to the South Shore from being at the doctor's office in Boston.

My husband and I enjoy visiting CPK and since this is the closest location to us, we try to get there once in awhile.

We had the “Bianco Flatbread”, good but not as good as the “Mediterranean Focaccia” we had on our previous trip and truly missed the ‘herbs & olive oil’ dipping dish.

My husband tried the widely advertised Yeunling beer (not sure of the spelling), his opinion: does not care for it. I had the 9 oz size of Riesling Michelle, it was good.

For dinner we ordered 2 pizzas. My husband chose the “Mushroom, Pepperoni & Sausage” one; he enjoyed it but only ate half of it and we brought home the leftover which we enjoyed later on.
I selected for my dinner the “Pear, Gorgonzola Pizza” which came with a small serving of salad mix on one corner of the pizza; it was delicious. I had half of my pizza leftover too so I brought it home for later.

For dessert we had the “Salted Caramel Pudding” that too was excellent. We finished the meal with a cup of coffee.

The attentive, friendly and very personable server was Athena, we were very pleased that she was available for our dining.
But we were also very lucky to be able to see Liz who had been our server multiple times in the past, she will soon be graduating from college/university; she had come to work as we were finishing our meal but she took the time to have a short visit with us.

That is the kind of atmosphere you can find here. Good food, excellent service and very caring individuals who remember you as friends even when you can only visit occasionally.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Excellent location and pizza. They just added bread before you eat, which is a nice touch. Limited bar. If you are in the area then CPK is worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

For a chain restaurant, the food is excellent. My family loves the Thai salad and the fish tacos! The kids pizza is not that great but the regular pizzas are delicious.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Have had a little bad luck with my health since my last visit to this restaurant, and my last trip there was 9 months ago.

I have been following the menu changes on Facebook and I was looking forward to try their new pizzas so when my husband suggested a ride, I eagerly agreed to leave the house even though I am still in a recovery mode.

We shared one appetizer, it was the Mediterranean Focaccia, it came with a dish of herb & olive oil for dipping - it was delicious. Being from Genoa I have trouble with calling focaccia just anything that is like a flatbread; this was truly focaccia, light and with that tasting olive oil/herb it was to be remembered!

Next we had a “Garlic Chicken Pizza with maki” – let me tell you how good it was, it was so good that I almost ordered one to take home, but I know it would not be as good after such a long ride. Perfect crust and very well made and seasoned.

For dessert we selected the ‘Summer Berries + Vanilla Sabayon’ – it was graciously presented free of charge because of my birthday; truly appreciated by both of us, more so because it was just light and delicious enough to finish a perfect meal in a perfect place with a perfect dessert.

For drinks we had my favorite wine “Moscato” and an excellent coffee, so good that I immediately stopped feeling sorry for myself for not having espresso when I was told that it was not available. Believe me = do not need it; their coffee is just as good.

We were lucky also to be having Liz as our server, she had been our server before and her cheerfulness, professionalism yet friendly attitude makes the dinner more enjoyable. If you can and she is working, ask for her, you will be pleased.

It made me feel so good to know that we were remembered from our previous visits.
I just wish it was closer to my home.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have often gone to California Pizza's other locations, but since I live near the South Shore Plaza, the Braintree location is especially convenient. It also has another benefit-- the part of the mall where the food court is can get really warm (and noisy) on a hot summer day, but the part of the mall where California Pizza is happens to be much cooler and quieter.

If you are familiar with the California Pizza chain, you know they offer an interesting variety of pizza and toppings. I love the Thai Chicken Pizza and the Five Cheese Pizza, just to name two favorites. Service is friendly, and while prices are not cheap, they are not too outrageous either; and best of all for repeat customers, the quality of the food is consistently good. I wish they had ice coffee (they don't), but otherwise, this is a very pleasant location-- it's clean and spacious, and like other California Pizza locations, the ingredients are fresh and tasty. If you don't mind a high-calorie meal (yes they do have some lower calorie options, but let's be honest-- we are talking about pizza and toppings), this is a fine place to spend some time.