“Wine Selections were best thing there”
Review of Legal Sea Foods - CLOSED

Legal Sea Foods
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Get reeled in to our U-shaped bar or wood-paneled dining room. Those traveling to and from Cape Cod on Route 93 are known to make a stopover for seafood. And not to be missed: two monumental fish tanks in our restaurant, one fresh water and one salt water. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The menu offerings were standard fare and I noticed that most of the diners were indulging in heaping platters of fried appetizers (not for me). The fresh fish was tasty but not exciting. We did find two excellent German white wines by the glass on the menu - they were both overpriced but were the best thing about the meal. With so many other fine seafood options in the area, leave Legal Seafood to the tourists and seek out a non-chain alternative.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Sea food place serving steak? Yes, I was pleasantly surprised as well. My colleagues chose this sea food restaurant for a get together and not being a sea food fan, I was a bit worried as what am I going to eat, but fear not their fillet mignon was very delicious.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

The service was excellent, but the food was not up to par with other seafood restaurant in the Boston area. Both clam chowder and lobster bisque taste like from can soup. The price was too high for the quality of the food.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

First time dining at this establishment. Arrived with a large party on a weekday evening. I opted for the fried clams, which were as good as you can get them. A large portion, lightly breaded and very fresh. But the cole slaw that came with it was very average, and the baked potato was overcooked or had been sitting for a long time. Service was poor this night, with one party member being served the wrong dish and having to wait until all of us were almost finished for the proper plate to be served. Drink glasses sat empty for much of the dinner, and no follow-up once the plates were set in front of us. For the price of these meals, I expected much more.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Chowder. A New England iconic food item. Legal Seafood has the best chowder bar none. THe entrees are very expensive. I guess it is supply and demand with seafood these days. Nice wine selection. Legal Seafood is now a chain, yet standards remain high. So, go for the chowder (Pronounced with a New England accent "chowda") and ask for more rolls with real butta (Butter).

1  Thank Woopiedo