“Nice Hotel, OK service”

Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights to visit Boston since it was less expensive than downtown Boston. The breakfast was good but they didn't have a lot of choices of hot food and they were always out of coffee. On the first night, we asked for 2 wine glasses and a wine opener. They didn't have any wine opener and the lady at the bar didn't want to give us wine glasses because they didn't have a lot, which really sucked. You kinda except them to have wine glasses at least.. However, the room was nice and modern and we had plenty of place. In general, it was a good stay. They charged us 35$ more at the end of our stay and I still have to call them to question them about the amount since the lady at the reception didn't tell us anything and didn't even give us any receipt.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne023_12
Sean C, General Manager at Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Wow, I am very sorry to hear that you had a poor service experience at the Hyatt Place Braintree. I assure you that it is an isolated incident, and I will look into why you had that experience. I certainly hope you come back to see us soon, and allow us to do a better job, as we are accustomed to .

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is awesome and ideal for those who want to be in the suburbs with the amenities, and still close and convenient to Dow town and Boston Logan International Airport. The van driver Chris is very friendly and prompt. The front service personnel were also very friendly. Enjoyed my stay. Recommend it for anyone

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KEVIN E

Thank you for mentioning Chris, a valuable member of our team, as well as the rest of our Van Drivers! We are thrilled you stayed with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend and we found it to be very impressive. Being outside the city of Boston made it a more relaxing stay. The hotel has been designed in a modern boutique hotel offering all of the amenities you could need for your stay. The hotel staff where very friendly and accommodating to our needs. You have a large shopping mall across the road from the hotel as well as a selection of eateries immediately around the hotel site. Getting to both the shopping mall and the train station, Quincy Adams T station ( which will take you straight into Boston ) are serviced by the hotels free shuttle service which are driven by friendly and knowledgable drivers. The room was relaxing offering a nice size flat TV as as well as a separate sitting area with a full size couch. I would not hesitate in staying at this hotel again if I am ever back in Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not over look the car park. People come and go all night and it can get a b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for such an extensive and possitive review highlighting all of the things that we are proud about at the Hyatt Place Boston Braintree! I am thrilled that you stayed with us, and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel was good. It's modern design is elegant, yet simple. The rooms are modern and have a nice flat screen tv. Under sleep quality I put a three for one reason, and that is because the hotels sheets were not very soft and a little itchy. This made for a not as comfortable experience, however the rest is great. The breakfast is ok, nothing special. The sandwiches were cold, and there was not as much as I would have hoped. However even though the breakfast was "ok" it is still a free breakfast and that is great. The pool was great. The area around the hotel is amazing, there is a mall across the street. Also there is a Starbucks , legal seafood, Ben and Jerry's, TGI Fridays, and five guys I front of the hotel as well, so being hungry will not be a problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for such an honest review. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful location and the fabulous retail and restaurant partners that are just outside our front door. I apologize that your breakfast items were cold, and assure you that every effort is made to make sure that they are fresh and hot. I hope to see you again at the Hyatt Place Braintree so that you can have a better breakfast experience!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My friends and I stayed here one night in January and were very pleased with the property. To get there, I took a free shuttle the hotel provides from the Quincy Adams T station to the hotel, which was about 10 minutes. The driver named Chris I believe, was super friendly and told me about the local area and provided great suggestions. The room we had was updated, modern, spotless and the bed was comfy. The regular room we had came with a couch bed which was helpful.

I was so pleased they offered a free breakfast in the morning! One tip to be aware of- it ends at 10am, and things were becoming out of stock around 9:40am when I got there, so be sure to get there early if you plan to eat breakfast!

I will definitely keep this hotel in mind for the future. The fact that they offer a free shuttle to the Quincy Adams T station really makes the hotel an convenient gateway to exploring Boston and the rate is much lower than any downtown Boston hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Katherine817
Sean C, General Manager at Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you very much for providing such a detailed review. I will certainly share with Chris all of your positive comments. Thank you for bringing to my attention the limited offering close to the completion of breakfast. Our breakfast should and typically is fully stocked with fresh items through the end of the breakfast period. I will share your feedback with the team.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my teenage son. We were very impressed with the room--two double beds and a very nice couch. I had called the day before to see if I could check in early, and they were indeed accomodating. The front desk staff and security men were very pleasant and helpful. The one complaint we had is that there was virtually no insulation between rooms. We came back to our room in the evening, and next door was an extremely loud family. We could literally hear every thing they did and said. I'm sure that if they weren't so inconsiderate and made a reasonable amount of noise it would not have been an issue. But it was not pleasant for us. I would try the hotel again, however, as it was not really their fault.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for such an honest and helpful review of the Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree. We consistently work toward providing the highest quality guest room experience. I am very sorry to hear that your neighbors were noisy. Please contact the Gallery Hosts if this occurs at any Hyatt Place you stay at in the future. Our team of associates are trained to properly handle those situations, and will be of service to you in the event you have the same experience. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here when visiting family. Very clean, great breakfast, nice central location near highway to Cape Cod and Boston. Nothing more I can say, book it if you can and enjoy your stay. Great for visiting family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such kind comments about the Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree and it's convenient location. Located just minutes from the "T-Station" to Boston, with immediate highway access to Cape Cod and areas North and West, it is a perfect "Hub & Spoke" location for touring New England. We hope to see you again on a future visit!

Sean Crump

Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
1 mi away
Boston Marriott Quincy
Residence Inn Boston Braintree
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree

Been to Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree? Share your experiences!