“Good value, friendly and helpful staff”

Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
GZ
“Good value, friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This has been my second stay at this hotel. Its just 30 min from Boson Logan airport and the Braintree Logan Shuttle stops about 600m from the hotel.
Across the main street is a very large shopping mall. They offer shuttle service but its also a nice 5 min walk to get there. Just outside the hotel is Starbucks and several alternative food option.
Rooms seem to be just recently renovated with nice spacious layout. Breakfast is inclusive with just okay options of food.
While rooms are nicely cleaned the general facilities could get some extra attention, like the elevator, general hall carpets as well as the shuttle car. Daily vacuum and clean wipe should be expected with the name Hyatt attached to it.
Other than that the staff has been very helpful throughout the trip, quick and efficiency check in, arranging shuttles and taxi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback. I also appreciate your honesty about attentions to detail. Though we provide ourselves on doing exactly that, your comments are a good example of impressions made even when they are isolated. Come back and see us real soon!

GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree is a good option if you are looking to be accessible to Boston without paying Boston hotel prices and $35/day for parking. The common areas are nice, with basic food options. However, you can walk around the corner and find Starbucks, burgers, Legal Seafood, etc., so there are plenty of dining options close by. MBTA and Logan Express are also very convenient.

Back to the hotel--rooms are basic but clean. The lobby is adequate for meetings, coffee and light fare. The staff is friendly. I would recommend watching for hotel pricing specials here. Once you start hitting the $150-$200/night range there are many other options and promotions always going on in/around greater Boston area. Good value in the $100-$150 range!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
What a fantastic review, thank you. I loved how you highlight that we offer complimentary parking as well as all of the other fabulous services in and around the hotel. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights to visit Boston since it was less expensive than downtown Boston. The breakfast was good but they didn't have a lot of choices of hot food and they were always out of coffee. On the first night, we asked for 2 wine glasses and a wine opener. They didn't have any wine opener and the lady at the bar didn't want to give us wine glasses because they didn't have a lot, which really sucked. You kinda except them to have wine glasses at least.. However, the room was nice and modern and we had plenty of place. In general, it was a good stay. They charged us 35$ more at the end of our stay and I still have to call them to question them about the amount since the lady at the reception didn't tell us anything and didn't even give us any receipt.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne023_12
Wow, I am very sorry to hear that you had a poor service experience at the Hyatt Place Braintree. I assure you that it is an isolated incident, and I will look into why you had that experience. I certainly hope you come back to see us soon, and allow us to do a better job, as we are accustomed to .

MARIETTA
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel location is awesome and ideal for those who want to be in the suburbs with the amenities, and still close and convenient to Dow town and Boston Logan International Airport. The van driver Chris is very friendly and prompt. The front service personnel were also very friendly. Enjoyed my stay. Recommend it for anyone

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KEVIN E
Thank you for mentioning Chris, a valuable member of our team, as well as the rest of our Van Drivers! We are thrilled you stayed with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend and we found it to be very impressive. Being outside the city of Boston made it a more relaxing stay. The hotel has been designed in a modern boutique hotel offering all of the amenities you could need for your stay. The hotel staff where very friendly and accommodating to our needs. You have a large shopping mall across the road from the hotel as well as a selection of eateries immediately around the hotel site. Getting to both the shopping mall and the train station, Quincy Adams T station ( which will take you straight into Boston ) are serviced by the hotels free shuttle service which are driven by friendly and knowledgable drivers. The room was relaxing offering a nice size flat TV as as well as a separate sitting area with a full size couch. I would not hesitate in staying at this hotel again if I am ever back in Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not over look the car park. People come and go all night and it can get a b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for such an extensive and possitive review highlighting all of the things that we are proud about at the Hyatt Place Boston Braintree! I am thrilled that you stayed with us, and look forward to seeing you again!

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel was good. It's modern design is elegant, yet simple. The rooms are modern and have a nice flat screen tv. Under sleep quality I put a three for one reason, and that is because the hotels sheets were not very soft and a little itchy. This made for a not as comfortable experience, however the rest is great. The breakfast is ok, nothing special. The sandwiches were cold, and there was not as much as I would have hoped. However even though the breakfast was "ok" it is still a free breakfast and that is great. The pool was great. The area around the hotel is amazing, there is a mall across the street. Also there is a Starbucks , legal seafood, Ben and Jerry's, TGI Fridays, and five guys I front of the hotel as well, so being hungry will not be a problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for such an honest review. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful location and the fabulous retail and restaurant partners that are just outside our front door. I apologize that your breakfast items were cold, and assure you that every effort is made to make sure that they are fresh and hot. I hope to see you again at the Hyatt Place Braintree so that you can have a better breakfast experience!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My friends and I stayed here one night in January and were very pleased with the property. To get there, I took a free shuttle the hotel provides from the Quincy Adams T station to the hotel, which was about 10 minutes. The driver named Chris I believe, was super friendly and told me about the local area and provided great suggestions. The room we had was updated, modern, spotless and the bed was comfy. The regular room we had came with a couch bed which was helpful.

I was so pleased they offered a free breakfast in the morning! One tip to be aware of- it ends at 10am, and things were becoming out of stock around 9:40am when I got there, so be sure to get there early if you plan to eat breakfast!

I will definitely keep this hotel in mind for the future. The fact that they offer a free shuttle to the Quincy Adams T station really makes the hotel an convenient gateway to exploring Boston and the rate is much lower than any downtown Boston hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katherine817
Sean C, General Manager at Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you very much for providing such a detailed review. I will certainly share with Chris all of your positive comments. Thank you for bringing to my attention the limited offering close to the completion of breakfast. Our breakfast should and typically is fully stocked with fresh items through the end of the breakfast period. I will share your feedback with the team.

Sean Crump
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#4 of 7 in Braintree
Best Western Adams Inn Quincy-Boston
Howard Johnson Quincy

Been to Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree? Share your experiences!