“Loved Our Stay!!”

Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Braintree
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel. Jared was very welcoming at the front desk and remembered us each day. The rooms were perfect for what we needed and it was great to have a ktichen area. We also loved the BBQ area in the back and it was a fun opportunity to meet other people staying at the hotel. We came for a few days for a trip to Boston and the drive in after traffic every morning only took 15 minutes. Another great option they offer was the ability to rent movies at the Front Desk. We would definitely come back and stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We booked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and the price, so I hope this review guides people elsewhere! However, Boston hotels are expensive, so I will try to be fair so you can make a reasoned judgement as this place is fairly good value for money for the area.

Pros: hotel is very easy to find from the main turnpikes and highways, and is 5 mins away from a large mall and loads of places to eat. It's also on a quiet road that dead ends at the top so not a lot of traffic goes by. Friendly staff, huge huge rooms designed for long stays, and a nice little honesty shop that's useful. Free and plentiful parking and free Wifi.

Cons: weekly maid service only as its designed for longer stays, so be prepared and use towels sparingly! Hotel is being renovated so some rooms are shabbier than others. You also definitely need a car here so don't book if you want to explore on foot. Finally THE NOISE. I've honestly slept through fire alarms at hotels, I am infamous for how deep and quickly I fall asleep but this place was insane. The air con was akin to a 747 taking off, and the fridge sounded like it was inhabited by bees. You can turn both these things off but that means a hot sticky room and hot sticky food!

Unfortunately the noise really ruined my stay, as let's be honest as nice as the mod cons, location or extras are, you book a hotel to get a good nights sleep and that's not what you'll get here.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank savagenoodles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear savagenoodles,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff, parking and internet access.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and the noise during your stay. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here after an exhausting journey and couldnt wait to get a good nights sleep.
Checked in and the man behind the desk was very helpful and once checked in proceeded to give me some tips on getting into boston etc.
Initial impression therefore was great. The room looked good and had a fridge chair and a bed. The air conditioning was pretty loud as was the fridge but these could both be switched off.
But that is when the problem arose.
We had been put into a room next to the mechanical room which sided onto the bed. It was very very noisy. Not just a little noisy so that someone might just be able to hear it I mean unbearably so.
I went downstairs to voice my complaint and the very nice man knew straight away what the problem was before I opened my mouth. " Oh I thought they had fixed that"
So anyway. The hotel was booked solid so we could not be moved.
I wouldnt usually believe it had I not heard him turn down some customers earlier in the evening. So I returned to my room to try get some sleep to no avail. I returned downstairs to attempt to find some earplugs but there were none even though another nice employee searched for me.
After a night with very little sleep I returned to the counter to make sure rooms could be swapped later in the day as we were flying home the next day and couldnt cope with another night of no sleep.
Again the lady behind the counter knew exactly what the problem would be before me mentioning it. I can only guess that they fill this room and then know that they can just move the person the next day and thus not lose a rooms money for the night.
We packed our belongings and lugged them down to the counter where we left them and on our return had to lug them back up to another room. A nice touch I would have thought may have been for someone to put them there for us but obviously the service doesnt stretch that far.
Complaints procedure.
I had pre paid for this room so on check out I didnt feel I could barter for a discount or even complain because once they have your money it falls on deaf ears. I noted that the hotel group comment on negative reviews here but I thought I would email them first and see how they responded.
Initial email was sent 29th june. I finally received a reply today on the 17th July.
The shortest email ever, basically.. sos for your bad experience, ta for bringing it up hopefully it wont happen again.....
Sooooo.. I guess thats the end of this saga.
I dont want to come across as a whiner who bad mouths a hotel for one bad thing so here we go.
PROS
Helpful staff (even if knowingly put in the room next to satans basement)

Nice lemonade

Room large clean and appealing.

Location is cool next to a mall. It isnt close to boston but look on a map when you book it and you will see that.

Cons

NOISE NOISE NOISE NOISE. Even if you get a room not next to the funky machinery band rehearsal room if you are bothered by noises id bring earplugs just in case.

I suppose knowingly sticking someone in a room next to a room full of giant size bees could be deemed as a con too .

Room Tip: Get a top floor room to start. Turn off aircon, if it sounds like king kong is testing out his new v...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Dempseyleeds,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am pleased to know that you found our staff helpful and room clean and large. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us and if your stay was negatively affected by the noise issues. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Pros: Front desk was very helpful and attentive. Free laundry. Food available by honor system or charged to room. Fast wifi and many charging ports. Kitchenette includes basic dishes and pots and pans.

Cons:I agree with the others that the noise is annoying. The people upstairs were apparently bowling all night. It's a 5 minute drive and $7 to park at the Braintree T station. It's not walkable.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid the sound of people above you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lgwacbb
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Clean and staff good. Was planing on staying a month while I am in the process of moving to Massachusetts however for the four nights I stayed here the noise level was intolerable from the people who were in the room above me. Kept me up all evening. The doors slam shut which echos throughout the hallway. I did complain on day day three of my stay and was told they could move me to another room but I was already unpacked and hoped the people above me would have left but they didn't. Needless to say the final night was just like all the others. I checked out and will probably not return to this hotel. On checkout I mentioned it again and the night manager said I should have spoken to him and he would have taken care of it.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room on the top floor so no one is above you. Rooms should be quiter
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 453Racer1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear 453Racer1,

Thank you for taking the time to lt us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad to read you like the cleanliness of the hotel. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am so sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise from our other guests and services received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We were there for two weeks very clean quiet. The help were very nice. Just wish there was a restaurant and pool there. We will stay there again very conviesnt to highways. Close to shopping vented.
having free washing machines and dryers was great. We went home with clean cloths.

The price was good I wish they had discounts for seniors and also a shuttle Serbia.

But all and all we loved it and will stay again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Nice to have a room with a kitchen. Location was good, close to everything. The halls were being remodeled so thus messy...Room was a smoking room....even so clean. I think a little more care in spraying air spray and airing the room out would help with the smoke smell. I kept the window open and bought air freshener, which helped greatly. Otherwise it's a great spot, reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braintree
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
Beantown Inn
Beantown Inn
#5 of 7 in Braintree
Extended Stay America - Boston - Braintree
Residence Inn Boston Braintree
Boston Marriott Quincy

Been to Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree? Share your experiences!