Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree
US$295
US$268
US$196
ExtendedStay
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree(Braintree)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$171
Agoda.com
US$178
US$151
All reviewsfree laundrycandlewood cupboardfull kitchenliving roompots and pansstove topexercise roomnice bathroomfront desk staffshort driveeasy accessthe south shore plazamicrowavebostonmallhighwaygym
Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are OK with being a distance from downtown Boston this is a great place to stay. I can't speak for all the room in this hotel but ours was obviously designed for an extended stay guest. It included a microwave, a 2-burner electric stove (with a countdown timer so you don't burn the place down), a full-size refrigerator, a large desk, comfortable office chairs, and free wi-fi. But the nicest surprise was a well-stocked general store on the premises. This save me a trip to the drug store to get a toothbrush and disposable razor which I forgot to bring. They also stock food items for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can even check out a crock pot and make a nice beef stew! Gas barbecues are located outside on the patio. Just add your meat of choice and its just like home.
As I mentioned this establishment is not real close to Boston, but it doesn't have the higher prices of places nearer the city. If you can live with that you'll have a real winner here.
My only complaint and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars is, on our last night, the staff had to use the dryers in the guest laundry room (yes, you can do laundry onsite for free), and as our room was right above, the noise kept us awake a good part of the night. After notifying the hotel of the problem, they provided a mutually satisfying compensation offer which put the smiles back on our faces. This was a temporary problem so I doubt anyone else will experience this annoyance.

Room Tip: Staying away from the second floor over the laundry room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here one night after flying into Boston later at night. We were heading to Cape Cod in the morning and wanted something south of the city for the night, so we were headed in the right direction. I booked this through Priceline and got a decent deal for the area. I would not stay here if visiting Boston (pay more money to be in the city...it's worth the convenience). Also, our room was directly off the lobby (if I stepped outside the door I was practically at the front desk) and there was a work group having a work "meeting" in the lobby until around 11 or 11:30 at night. The walls were definitely very thin and for light sleepers, the lobby noise would definitely be a problem. For our one night stop, this hotel worked fine.

Room Tip: Avoid a room directly off the lobby...lots of noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear kateben05,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room assignment prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel, in my opinion is the best one in the whole Boston area. I have stayed in it for both business and pleasure many times. The price is really good, its clean and fresh looking. There are tons of amenities (store, gym, laundry) The staff can't do enough to help you make your stay as comfortable as possible. The staff here is awesome especially Jake, Kemi and Jarod. The manager Brandi runs the hotel very well, and should teach other hotel managers how to run their hotel like a well oiled machine with a homelike feeling ! As a person who is hard to please, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying for business of pleasure !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I booked this hotel because it's close to Boston, it's affordable and it's a suite that could accommodate a family of 4 with 2 kids.

When we checked in, the receptionist repeatedly told us that the suites didn't have many amenities as it was designed to accommodate people who stayed there longer times. The rooms have kitchens and people can cook their own meals. This was fine with us. We're only staying one night. We wouldn't be using the kitchen as much. But I thought it was strange that the receptionist kept emphasizing what they didn't provide.

When we entered our room, we were overwhelmed with chemical smell, as if the room was cleaned to mask other smell??

What made our stay bad was the fact that the walls were paper thin. That night, our neighbors were partying late. There were thumping, wall banging until 1 or 2 am.

It was one of the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. In fact, I had booked this same hotel for another night before we leave the area. I cancelled it and booked a different place. I do not ever want to go back here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gstjio
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Boston Braintree, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear gstjio,

Thank you for staying and taking the time to review our hotel. It is truly regrettable you were not able to fully enjoy your stay due to the level of noise you experienced and the unusual scent in the rooms. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up on you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I hope to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Candlewood Suites are located about 16km from Boston. Trip to Boston can be done by travelling to Quincy train station, parking costing $7/day. Staff are extremely friendly, Trolley Hop on Hop off come collect you free of charge at 08h00 and return you 18h00. The kitchen is equipped with very basics but allow cost saving own meals. Value for money, this hotel gets a five star rating. Laundry washing and drying is complimentary, soap can be purchased at $1.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple