My wife and our 2 sons spent 5 nights here. We travelled here with family friends from Boston, wanting to have a fun Cape visit. The Villages at Ocean Edge worked. The facilities were very good, especially the tennis and golf. Fun pool area at the Shark Bah. Staff were very pleasant and friendly.
We both had very nicely appointed one bedroom units. We requested (and received) adjoining units which was great.
We ate at the following Ocean Edge restaurants:
Linx was very convenient but the food was just okay.
Ocean Terrace has a great ambience, the food is very creative, maybe a bit too much but very good.
The best place was Bayzo's Pub. Very nice atmosphere and the menu was great for kids.The manager Steve was fantastic, as was the hostess Alex. Thank you Bayzo's.
Overall we had a nice time at the Villages.
My one area of complaint is you must pay for your entire stay 7 days in advance. As it turned out, our Boston friends had to leave one day early. Upon arrival, they informed the front desk that they would only be staying for 4 nights and not 5. The front desk person said we needed to talk to reservations. The reservations agent informed them of their 7 day policy and said that they could not do anything for them.
I felt quite bad for my friends, As I was the organizer of our little trip, I asked to speak to a manager (Sean) who said this is a very strict resort policy. Sean said he would contact reservations and copy me on an email, but not to expect anything. He confirmed my email address, but I never did receive an email from him or reservations.
I realize that many places on the Cape have this "must pay first" policy, but if you are trying to be a "high end resort" I believe you need to be a bit flexible on these things. No refund, no credit, no offer for a future visit. Disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Villages side spans 380 emerald acres that are as friendly to walk as to bike. Spacious 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom villas welcome you with chic, quintessentially Cape Cod décor. Just outside your door awaits the finest in golf and tennis, from our private Nicklaus Design golf course, driving range and putting green, accessible to Members and Ocean Edge guests only, to 9 tennis courts. Guests will also enjoy our new Beach House Spa, which offers massages, pedicures, manicures, hydrafacials, a private porch perfect for wedding days, and more! In the summer months, stroll, bike or shuttle to golf and tennis areas, restaurants, crystal-clear pools (3 outdoor, 1 indoor), two fitness centers, a cardio room, basketball court, picnic area, toddler playground and Blueberry Pond. Hop on a one of our new Freedom Flyer bikes at The Villages and coast along the historic, scenic 26-mile Cape Cod Bike and Rail Trail that meanders through Cape Cod villages and is dotted with ice cream parlors, antique shops, lobster, baseball games and more. Our convenient, all-day shuttle service is available in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Hotel Brewster
- Ocean Edge Resort And Golf Club
- Ocean Edge Hotel
- Ocean Edge Resort Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Brewster Ma
- The Villages At Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Brewster, Cape Cod, MA