Our family spent 5 nights at Ocean Edge Resort over Labour day weekend in a 1 BR Arbour Villa. Although we all enjoyed our mini vacation in cape cod, we would probably not return to Ocean Edge.
First the Pros:
Check in was fast and efficient.
Our villa was available for early check in at 2pm.
All the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful.
Our villa had a few stains but was otherwise clean.
Housekeeping service was above average.
Chairs and towels available at beach.
The resort grounds are well maintained.
Brewster is a lovely area away from the touristy towns.
The building our unit was located (30) had a slightly musty smell and felt damp. The ground at the back of the unit slopes toward the small concerete deck and the area was always wet and received no sun. It was not a pleasant to sit outside.
There was a dehumidifier placed near the sliding door to our unit that did a very good job, but it was loud.
The bed was very uncomfortable.
The unit only had a bar type table with 2 chairs for dining.
The quality of the food was below average ( except for the clam chowder) and expensive.
The pool was very crowded and closed at 7pm.
The beach was OK, quite a hike to bathroom/ change facilities.
The golf course had only nine holes open during our stay and charged $125.00 for 18 holes. Seems expensive to play the same nine holes twice. We had to cancel a prebooked tee time due to rain and were unable to reschedule as they were completely booked for the rest of our stay.
Is it really necessary to charge $20.00 to play tennis when we are paying over $370.00 per night plus resort fees?
We don't like waiting around for shuttles, therefore there was alot of driving around the resort.
Ocean Edge is not a bad resort, but there must be better choices on Cape Cod.
Highly recommended while visiting Cape Cod: Dolphin Whale Watching excursion and Captains Golf Course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contact us directly at Ocean Edge for best rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Hotel Brewster
- Ocean Edge Resort And Golf Club
- Ocean Edge Hotel
- Ocean Edge Resort Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Cape Cod
- Ocean Edge Brewster Ma
- The Villages At Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club Brewster, Cape Cod, MA