“Doing good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We have been driving by and decided to stop in for a night cap on a Sat night. Nice place friendly staff and decided to stop in for a bite too eat on Monday. Actually on Sat we talked to a couple from Boston who said the Pork Sliders were the best they had. So..... Tonight (Monday) my wife had a fish taco that was phenomenal. We split plain wings that were ok but owner listened to my critique. The burger was great the fries better. We will be back and in no small part due to Marissa. Young, friendly, and easy to engage. Atmosphere was ok but worth a try...... Honest

1  Thank Jlundy

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Service was good. Food was well prepared. Menu has a good variety and includes seafood (why not on the Cape).

Reviewed 5 December 2013

While many Cape Cod Restaurants close the doors & shutter the windows for the winter, Steve Marlin @ The Starvin' Marlin serves up hot and delicious meals 7 days a week to locals that know a good thing when they've found it.

The appetizer menu alone is enough to call dinner, not to mention the very reasonably priced Raw Bar (Yes, fresh little necks, oysters, etc...Year Round!) My personal favorites are the Lamb Sliders and the Seared Ahi Tuna. It's surf & turf on a budget!

The chefs at "The Marlin" have specials every single night of the week. You can be sure that one of them will end up on your own favorites list.

Let's not forget the "Specialty" nights that Steve sponsors. They recently had a 5 course dinner & wine pairing that was a great time. The food was exemplary and the wines were a perfect match. I believe they have a "Beer Tasting" planned for the near future too.

All in all I would recommend The Starvin' Marlin to anyone with a hunger and discriminating taste.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We saw the restaurant along the side of the road while driving by and returned for dinner that night. Started with some of the sweetest, freshest raw oysters ever. He had perfect roast salmon, I had perfect Cioppino. The atmosphere was festive and service attentive and cheerful. Would recommend it for couples, families, and groups of friends.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great dinner here tonight. Brewster's Best Kept secret? Several restaurants have been in this location and none ever really succeeded for one reason or another. I have to say the quality of the food we had tonight was more than I expected and convinced me to come do a review because I want this gem to stay in business!! The atmosphere is a casual,cozy pub, with seating on one side and a bar separated by a partition. There are a couple of tvs over the bar so you can watch the Sox or Bruins or Pats.
I had one of the specials, mussels dijon over rice. The presentation was worthy of Top Chef kudos. I wish I had taken a photo. Only $16.99, about 24 perfectly cooked tender mussels surrounded a mound of rice. The sauce was perfectly seasoned with a nice subtle dijon flavor. Did I taste a bit of white wine in there maybe? Topped off by a nice crisp crostini for soaking up all that yummy sauce. My husband had the prime rib special. For only $19.99, perfectly cooked, filled half the plate,enough fat for great flavor but not too much. Hand cut fries with a nice bite, crisp on the outside and soft inside. He didn't love the coleslaw but I really did...but I find everyone likes their coleslaw different. The regular menu has pub food, sandwiches and other entrees. You can get a burger for 6 bucks or a dinner for less than twenty. Our awesome waitress Marissa was very attentive and friendly.
If you haven't been here yet,...they are worthy of a visit!