“Local favortie” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Starvin Marlin
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Brewster, MA
“Local favortie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Starvin Marlin is what we hope to be the final change of hands at this location, over the last 30 years. Finally, a local family/pub style restaurant with delicious food, a nice variety, reasonably priced menu and very friendly staff and owner, Steve. The fish taco's are the best I have had anywhere, they are not fried. Burgers are scrumptious along with pretty much anything else we've tried.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JCLE_BREW

Brewster, Massachusetts
“Very Good Food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nice menu with enough verity and priced reasonably. Lamb Sliders are excellent. Salads very good. Excellent Burgers and the best fries. Fresh Osters. Nice selection of on tap Beers...
Friendly and attentive servers... causual atmosphere...

• Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Changes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Starvin Marlin is a nice, family-friendly, casual restaurant where you can eat good food without breaking the bank. Recently, they made some changes to their menu. They now have added a number of barbecue dishes, e.g., pulled pork, ribs, brisket, et al. Sadly, they have also removed a couple of duck dishes which were one of the main reasons I went there. The food is still good, but I'm not a big fan of barbecue - and I miss both the duck club sandwich and the spinach salad with warm duck confit. Maybe they'll bring it back...

Visited February 2014
Cape Cod
“A Good Local Eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I have eaten here previously, although some of our friends do not enjoy this restaurant. We find it has pleasant service and pretty darn good food; however, some of the entrees have hefty price tags. My wife has enjoyed the fish taco which is quite large and most recently the lamb sliders. I have had the ribs and fish and chips. The fish and chips are beer battered, but not with the puffy flakey coating. The "Marlin's" coating is crisper more like you typically get at home. I like it, but I really must complement the restaurant on making fresh hand cut French fries. Most taverns in this area use frozen fries that really spoil the meal for me. This is a local hangout with things such as Trivial Pursuit competition and darts on particular nights in the bar area. If you like a relaxing non-formal setting, while observing local color along with good food, this is a place to go.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Doing good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We have been driving by and decided to stop in for a night cap on a Sat night. Nice place friendly staff and decided to stop in for a bite too eat on Monday. Actually on Sat we talked to a couple from Boston who said the Pork Sliders were the best they had. So..... Tonight (Monday) my wife had a fish taco that was phenomenal. We split plain wings that were ok but owner listened to my critique. The burger was great the fries better. We will be back and in no small part due to Marissa. Young, friendly, and easy to engage. Atmosphere was ok but worth a try...... Honest

1 Thank Jlundy