“Wonderful beachfront retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brewster
Linger Longer By The Sea
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was my first time to Linger Longer and it was clean, comfortable, and a fantastic location. I joined family who had been coming here for over 40 years. I would highly recommend it. Be careful of ticks, as we found a couple on two people and two crawling in "The Dunes." This is, obviously, no fault of the property. We had 3 separate cottages. Loved having the Webers. Fully stocked kitchens. One cottage had a dishwasher. Two of the three had washer/dryer. The dealings I had with the managers were friendly and professional. Convenient driving distance to grocery/restaurants. I would stay here, again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The Crow's nest bedrooms are 2nd story with the best views. the interior spiral staircase may b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank M O

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We found Linger Longer By The Sea looking for a place right on the beach open in the off season. It exceeded all of our expectations. The magnificent views from several vantage points in the apartment as well as the wrap around deck made the sunset and sunrise a masterpiece. The apartment was very clean and tidy. And the walks on the beach (so very quiet in the off season) made for a truly memorable experience.

Room Tip: We loved the second floor view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JackW5
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have a large extended family and we tend to take over Linger Longer, or so it seems on Patriot's Day weekend in April and Columbus Day weekend almost every year. We love the fact that it is right on the beach. I can get up early in the morning and walk on the beach when no one is around or sit on the dunes with my family and talk about nothing or everything! We have been staying at Linger Longer since about 1999 and are on a first name basis with the caretakers of the place. It is a wonderful place to come and unwind and explore the Cape.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Finding a place to stay right on the water is a rare treat. For our latest visit we stayed in Apt. 4 on the second floor with a beautiful view of the bay and the sunset. The apartment has a delightful layout. It is clean, comfortable and well cared for. Although you really don't ever feel like leaving this little slice of heaven, Linger Longer is perfectly located near some good local restaurants (and a fabulous bakery) in Orleans and it just a 15 minute drive to the National Seashore. We have been going there for long weekends - off-season is great - for over 20 years and it just keeps on getting better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at Linger Longer for two summers in a row. The first year, we found it simply fantastic being right over the dunes in a completely newly renovated cottage. With little ones, it made the beach vacation even easier. There were some negatives which we thought we anticipated the second year we stayed, but truly, I kicked myself for coming back.
Pros - okay, it's really a fabulous location. Absolutely lovely beach on the bay side.
Cons
1 - There is virtually no privacy. You are cheek to jowl with the neighbors. We had kids playing tag right around our cottage, and people walking right by the windows. It was too noisy to have the baby nap some days. That was frustrating. If people are barbecuing, there's a breeze, and your windows are open, you get the smoke in your cottage. I couldn't sleep for two nights because of the amount of lighter fluid the neighbors used on their charcoal grill. My eyes burned for two straight days and the smoke smell remained in my sinuses for a week after our return. Not pleasant. It's not the management's fault. Bruce is fantastic. It's just the nature of the property.
2 - The beds are terribly uncomfortable, the linens shabby, and the pillow worthless. The king bed in our cottage squeaked every time your moved. I like a comfortable bed on vacation and this was not it. We brought our pillow the second year, but the squeaking thin mattress was really painful.
3 - The linens are fine, but thin and could be bigger.
I waited to write my review until they were rented for the 2014 season because I didn't want to hurt their business, but it's an extravagance for us at nearly $500 a night. For that, I need a lot more privacy and a decent, comfortable bed. For the previous four years, we stayed at Chatham Bars Inn. We'll head back there in a heartbeat, but unfortunately not Linger Longer by the Sea. For the money, the accommodations should be better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank abc72
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Please note that we stayed in the off-season, not during the summer. We stayed in one of the apartments (2) which opened right onto a boardwalk to the beach. You could sit in the 'living room' section and see the ocean. While we were there, it was very quiet, as a matter of fact, one night we were the only ones there. Never saw the owners, but didn't need to-they did provide numbers, if needed. The room was like a studio apartment. It was perfect for a long weekend, I'm not sure about a full week-even with two, it would have been a little cramped. The bed was in the same area with the 'kitchen' There was a full size fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker and sink. Pillows were skimpy, furniture dated, but we were not looking for a fancy hotel. We wanted a place on the beach, and that is what we got. Perfect for walking out the door and on to the beach. There is a grill outside, but it was much too windy while we were there to grill. I would gladly return in the offseason--rates are reasonable for the location, and not required to stay a week. If I were there in season, there are other locations I would choose--the prices are high for that time of year. Be aware that the cottages are NOT right on the beach. They sit back quite a bit.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Perfect place for quiet, peaceful and relaxing get away. The apartment we stayed in opened to the beach. On one rainy day, it was perfect to sit with a blanket and a good book and watch the tide go out and come back in. Absolutely in love with Linger Longer and Brewster. Can't wait til our next trip back.

Room Tip: Apartments and cottages available. Some of the apartments face the beach with sand under your feet...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Brewster By The Sea
Brewster By The Sea
#4 of 10 in Brewster

Been to Linger Longer By The Sea? Share your experiences!