“A Perfect Vacation Stay”
Review of The Bramble Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bramble Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Brewster B&B and Inns
Middletown, Connecticut
“A Perfect Vacation Stay”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at The Bramble Inn during the week of August 4th. My significant other and I can not say enough good things about the inn and restaurant. We were in such need of a relaxing vacation and The Bramble Inn and Restaurant gave us just that. Cliff and Ruth were gracious, warm, witty and humorous hosts. Our room was clean, quiet and quaint. The restaurant's new bar area was perfect to share an appetizer and have a cocktail. The restaurant delivered gourmet meals for a fine dining experience. The location of The Bramble Inn on the Cape was ideal allowing you to walk to the small local beach or travel anywhere on the Cape by car in a reasonable amount of time. I have stayed at several bed and breakfast inns in New England and this has been my favorite so far largely due to the personalities of Cliff and Ruth. Thank you so much. Much Love, John and Andrea

Room Tip: We stayed in the room with a small back deck and private entrance. We loved it.

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Recently stayed there for 3 nights with my wife. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. You couldn't ask for warmer hosts than Cliff and Ruth -- true pro's that put in the effort to make sure their guests have a great experience. Breakfast was amazing and I mean, amazing -- thanks to Ruth's great creations and presentation. The bar is also a bonus for a nightcap and or small plate snack after a day of sightseeing around the Cape. Near bike trails and all you'd want to see. We are so happy we stayed here and look forward to returning. Cliff - miss the morning conversations, but will hopefully seen you next year.

Lexington, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bramble Inn recently and had a totally great experience. Cliff and Ruth are tireless innkeepers, who are always available with smiles on their faces. The gourmet breakfast was delicious, and, if gourmet is not you're choice in the morning, they had a complete table of fresh fruit, granola, bakery breads, yogurt, spreads in addition to the freshly made breakfast meal. It is an old house, with the antique furnishings to match. A mini-fridge would have been useful for juice, or water but, Cliff was always there, ready to fill up the ice bucket for me. We absolutely will return next year.

Room Tip: "We booked the standard room, but it is small. I would probably go for a larger room next time...
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I have been here now twice and absolutely love it. The food is amazing and the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The host Cliff is a great resource for local fun and Diane makes excellent espresso martinis!!

• Stayed August 2013
Lincoln, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My fiance and I ate here this past weekend as it was recommended and was close to where we were staying. What a huge dissapointment from the start. The inn is old as expected. The service was ok. To start the prices are very high. Food was mediocre at best. Ordered a Veal chop, could swear it was Pork, the best part for a $38 dish is it came with French Fries. If you visit brewster I would avoid this resturant if you dont want to be really dissapointed when you leave.

Room Tip: Food is not good.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Mds471028
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We've had some disappointing meals at the Bramble Inn over the past few years, but decided to give it one more try. For a $35 Prix Fixe meal, which is more pricey than all other Prix Fixes on the Cape, I expected a decent meal. But again, we were disappointed. We visited Bramble in late December 2012. Most of the food was very bland and my scallops were very rubbery. The chicken was far from juicy. The eggnog cheesecake looked and tasted boring. Had we not been there with our neighbor, I would have complained louder. The one nearly saving grace was the very sweet waitress.

Last night we went to L'Alouette in Harwich and had a spectacular dinner...lobster bisque, duck confit, and chocolate mousse for $25. Chilllingsworth Bistro has a $25 prix fixe. Captain Linnell's is pretty good for $30.

Please get a new chef Bramble Inn. I will not return until you lower your Prix Fixe price AND get a new chef. The extra star was a gift.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank capecodwahine
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My boyfriend and I were driving around looking for somewhere to eat dinner, it was dark out so we were driving slowly past restaurants looking in to see if they were busy etc. We drove past The Bramble Inn and could see it was absolutely heaving, but there was one empty table in the window. We parked up and went in, and that window table was in fact the only empty table in the three rooms so we were lucky to get a table! (This was a Wednesday night, not in peak season). The atmosphere was buzzing but without being loud - we could still talk quietly amongst ourselves. The staff were incredibly attentive, chatted to us, made suggestions on the food and wine menus without being overbearing - couldn't fault the service. Food was also absolutely fantastic, if I'm ever in the area again I would definitely return!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Brewster By The Sea
Brewster By The Sea
#5 of 9 in Brewster
Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House

Been to The Bramble Inn? Share your experiences!