“Good not Great.”

The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Beautiful grounds, great location but sometimes when things start off with hiccups it can set the tone. Upon check in (we had a Luxury Link package) I asked if we could upgrade our room. I had also phoned in advance and asked the same question of which they said that they would make a note of it on my reservation but that I would have to check when we checked in. They had no note of it and was told that the next class of rooms above ours was sold out. I went ahead and started filling out our info when I realized that they had put us in a room below what our package had stated. I brought this to her attention only to be told that that was what our reservation showed. Thank goodness I brought the paperwork from our package and she passed it on to a colleague who said she would take care of this and requested a copy of my paperwork. We were told that they would call us when our room was ready and if we didn't hear from them before 4 just come back then. We did and proceeded to our room. It was nicely appointed with some where and tear and a tiny, tiny balcony. Breakfast was included and was a typical serve yourself with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and pancakes along with a variety of breads, bagels, cereals and fruits. Housekeeping was basic with making of the bed, replacing towels and coffee but no vacuuming. I can't comment on anything else as we were not there long enough as our days were spent sightseeing. All in all good not great...

3  Thank CruiseWhere

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Ocean Edge Resort just after high season in September. The hotel is located right on the main drag in Brewster, which is a beautiful little town on the Cape. The view of the expansive hotel and grounds from the road is impressive.

There were three to four weddings going on the first night we arrived which made parking a bit of a challenge. But once everyone left, we were able to park near our room in the back lot near the separate building we were staying in at the mansion. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and meticulously maintained, along with the buildings, tennis court, etc. We only noticed the noise when we were outside; from inside the room, all was quiet.

The building we staying in was painted in a green/gray color with decor that was both high-end and reminiscent of the ocean. We had a very large room with a king-sized bed, nicely appointed sitting area, big-screen TV, separate dressing area, and bathroom. A sliding glass door to a small terrace overlooking the lawn added nicely to the room. The bed and furniture were all very comfortable. The decor was tasteful and in keeping with the "ocean" theme. The shower was inside a large soaking tub, which was a little difficult to get in and out of. I'm on the short side, so I was close to needing a stepstool to climb in; my husband at 6'2" had no issues.

We didn't eat at the resort or use room service, so I can't comment on the food. I'm imagining it was fairly pricey. Brewster and the nearby towns offer plenty of eateries, so we went out for all our meals. We also explored the entire National Seashore, which was a real treat.

Overall, it was a nice and relaxing long weekend. Having a beautiful, peaceful room to come back to at the end of the day only made it better!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending a wedding. My favorable impression of this resort started with the reservation staff, which was extremely cheerful and courteous when I booked initially, as well as when I had to call and cancel one of my nights due to a business emergency. I asked for an early check-in since we were arriving the day of the wedding. Although they said they couldn't guarantee it, they would note my request. In fact, we were able to get into our room two hours earlier than the 4:00 check-in time.

Our room was a Premier King in one of the Mansion wings. The room was very nicely decorated and the bed was super comfortable with high-end linens. Really lovely.

We never saw the beach (I will say, I had the impression that the Mansion was on the beach, but my husband went jogging in the morning and never found it!). The views of the ocean from the Ocean Terrace restaurant are nice, but "distant".

As an aside, the wedding was also lovely--the food was some of the best I've had at a wedding--didn't look or taste like "banquet food".

On the morning we left, they accommodated us with a late check-out.

I'd definitely like to come back and experience more of this resort.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed in a 3 Bedroom/ 3 Bathroom Waterfront Villa this past Saturday for a bachelorette party. Leading up to the weekend, we received emails from their concierge Cathy Strizzi. She was super helpful in offering assistance with making reservations ahead of our arrival along with offering fun things to do while we were there. She was very promt in her answers, even when I may have asked some silly questions :)

When we arrived Saturday morning, we were given an early check-in which was great! As soon as we walked in, we were in Heaven. It is more than just a three bedroom villa. The rooms are pristine and rejuvinating. The views spectacular. We especially loved the decks off each bedroom. The service is wonderful, especially at the beach! We were assisted right away with beach chairs and frozen drinks on the beach, what is better than that?

Between Cathy and Matt Moore, the Rooms Director, we were treated like royalty and it did not go unnoticed. Thank you to you both and to all your staff for making this such a special weekend getaway. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kristindilo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Absolutely perfect is the best way to describe our visit. Staff and food was exceptional and activities for the family were great. Enjoyed days at the beach, stand up paddle boarding (SUP) and hotel sponsored bonfires in the evening. Rooms were well appointed and extremely clean. Not sure how they maintain all these very high standards, but they do!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor A
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I can't say enough of this resort. The room, the grounds, the beach, the 3 restaurants and the waitstaff were all lovely. The location in Mid-Cape is perfect. The waitstaff are attractive youths from Eastern Europe and a delight to talk with. A surprise was the quality of the food in the golf course restaurant. A totally enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mansion with a view of the garden area. I think the 2nd floor of the other side can...
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The presidential villas are so beautiful and well-stocked for a family. Luxury linens and flat screen tv's in every room. Within walking distance of a boardwalk which leads through a northeastern "mangrove forest" to a beautiful bay beach where towels and chairs await you. There are drinks available too! The pools indoor and outdoor will keep children happy and tennis or gym for those who need to be more active. great location with lots of great restaurants and mini-golf and go-karting nearby! There is yoga on the beach and plenty of kids activities including a bonfire on the beach to make your holiday special and memorable.

Room Tip: ask for villas near the boardwalk
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Pleasant Bay Village
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 9 in Chatham
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!