“Wonderful ... Not Beachfront!”

The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful ... Not Beachfront!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Three of us spent two nights at this property in August of 2012. Ocean Edge is a large property with the Mansion complex on one side of the road with the townhouse like complexes and facilities down a ways on the other side of the road. Transportation is needed. Ocean Edge does operate a free shuttle service. It is beautiful, well kept, with professional staff. Brunch in the Mansion was a deliciously wonderful experience with a private royal dinning-room feel. This property is all that it should be at its price point. However, I booked it with an impression from the pictures that is was ocean front. I was disappointed to find that it was NOT ocean front!

Room Tip: When booking, if it matters to you, be sure to confirm whether your accommodations are, indeed, at t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

I flew from Dallas into Boston to see my Sister over Columbus Day Weekend, and we decided to spend a couple days on the Cape. Having stayed on the Cape several times over the years my Sister, my two nephews, and my partner all agreed that Ocean Edge was by the nicest hotel we have stayed at on the Cape. The rooms were very tastefully decorated and the bed was incredibly comfortable with fine linens that allowed for a very restful sleep! I would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EMM_Dallas
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Some of my close friends booked a room in the Mansion through Jetsetter for my best friend's September wedding at Ocean's Edge. I didn't stay overnight, but I was really impressed by the room. These rooms are not cheap, but they are very modern and have a luxurious/designer-boutique hotel feel. The Mansion is well-situated near Nickerson St Park and the restaurants of Orleans. I would consider booking a room (if another Jetsetter deal made it a good value) for a romantic weekend. The beach, where my friend got married, is gorgeous and has amazing sunsets. The view from the bar/restaurant directly off of the Mansion is breathtaking. The room I saw had a balcony facing the front of the hotel, but if you book a room with an ocean view, I'm sure that would make the experience even better! My friends did feel that the hall had a musty smell, but I didn't really notice it. This hotel is a great place to splurge for a romantic weekend in the summer or even (or perhaps, especially, given the pricing) in the fall off-season.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Two adults and one teen had an amazing 4 day vacation and if money was no object then we would have loved to stay longer. Years ago we had stayed on golf course side but in the summer it's so much better being on the ocean side in the mansion. The room is a very generous size and feels luxurious. Absolutely love the beach and spent most of our days reading and taking long walks. My only complaints are that we never ate breakfast on property because no option besides buffet and that's too expensive and too much food. Brewster Coffee shop was a yummy way to start the day. Also, the noise in the hallway could really be heard in the bedrooms and I encouraged the hotel to put signs up about quiet in the hallways. It's a bummer when late night wedding guests come loudly into the hallway. We ate a few lunches at Guapos and thought it was delicious and great prices.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dabuddy
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I got married here in August and everything was perfect! Our guests loved the venue and the accommodations. Rita, our wedding coordinator, and Helena, who arranged our rooms, were also so easy to work with and went above and beyond for us. Wish we could do it again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We recently got married at Ocean Edge Resort. We were planning on having an unconventionally small wedding of less than 40 people and knew we wanted to have it at the Cape. When we started researching venues, we realized the size of our wedding posed a problem for many venues whose solution was to either charge the same ridiculous minimum, regardless of guests, or stick us in the back of a restaurant or other small space. From the moment we went to Ocean Edge, they made everything easy. We rented the upstairs of the mansion for our guests for what we considered a very reasonable rate and the spaces worked out perfectly. We were thrilled that such a grand and impressive location would be perfect for the needs of our very small wedding.

In addition to the perfect space for our wedding, the service exceeded all expectations. My husband and I were upgraded to the corner mansion suite for three nights when we had only booked it for two. Other acts of exceptional service include but are not limited to: filling our room with champagne, roses, strawberries and chocolates the night of our wedding, the Pilates instructor sending my mother and myself bath salts to our room along with a card after taking her class at the fitness center, and the manager at Ocean Terrace coming over to our table with blankets as we enjoyed a late night cocktail.

The wedding went off without a hitch. Rita Kyriakides was our wedding coordinator who took care of every request, from setting up the reception spaces exactly to our specifications to making sure that my husband’s favorite rye whiskey was represented in our premium open bar. We ordered the raw bar as one of our cocktail choices and our guests could not finish it as much as we tried! The food and service during the dinner and the following days' brunch was absolutely amazing. Our guests continuously commented on the exceptional service and many whom just got married commented on how surprised they were by how stress free and easy everything was.

All in all, while this is a 4-star resort, you will undoubtedly receive 5-star service when you are here. Whether you are a guest, or hosting a wedding of any size, they make sure you feel so special and cater to needs you didn’t even know you have. I will not stay anywhere else on the Cape and could not imagine ever having my wedding at another location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vanessa B
Boston, ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Ocean Edge is a great family resort. The facilities including the indoor pool, tennis courts and restaurants are first rate. We had a great dinner in the Pub as well as breakfast. Both meals are family friendly. The newly renovated townhouse we had was nothing short of spectacular.
I highly recommend Ocean Edge !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 9 in Chatham
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!