“Relaxing Oceanside on Cape Cod”

The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Harwich, Massachusetts, United States
“Relaxing Oceanside on Cape Cod”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

My daughter and I spent a Weekend Away here in the winter! The room was spotless and had everything you could want. Our breakfast was included and was delicious, served in the a cozy mansion paneled room. We ate dinner in the Tavern and enjoyed our meal. Getting to the pool involved going outside, but it was close and wouldn't be a problem in the summer. We returned home at the end of the weekend rested and hoping to go again.

Room Tip: Be sure you face the water.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Again, another wonderful vacation at Ocean Edge. The quality of the food at Bayzo's and Linx is outstanding. Shout out to Chef Amber Hempstead for wonderful creations! The grounds are beautiful and the room in the mansion was very comfortable. A little more cush in the bed might not hurt.

Room Tip: Choose the mansion
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I searched and searched for a nice resort with both golf and beach on property in the northeast vacation spots and was extremely happy with this choice. We were celebrating a birthday and just stayed for one night. While we didn't get any special perks for the celebration (I find this to be something that is above and beyond, not to be expected anyway) and it was a little more than I was looking to spend, the staff was extremely professional, friendly and accommodating from check in to check out. They let us check in early on arrival and even allowed us to still utilize all the commodities (beach, pool, etc) after checkout for the remainder of the day. I will say, however, that I didn't find the receptionist who booked my stay to be all that pleasant or accommodating and frankly I was a little off put and worried about the stay because of it, but based on my experience at the property itself that wasn't the case, so perhaps I caught them on a bad day). The property on arrival is impressive, although it's definitely a stretch off the highway and I'm not sure how close to any town activities, as we stayed on the property. Our room at the mansion was really nice and clean. The bed was so comfortable and the towels were also premium - I wish I took down the brands so I could buy the sheets and towels for my home! We had dinner on the ocean terrace outside which is high enough up to get a peak view of the ocean. They offered a blanket if you got too cold and dinner was delicious (one of the best clam chowders I've had!) although we weren't overly impressed with dessert. You should note that the property is not on the beach but you could see it a little from our second floor room. Also note that the mansion rooms are actually in a building to the side of the mansion, not the mansion itself. There wasn't much to do on the property at night but there are tennis courts, a private beach (note this is just a strip of beach but very nice and super private as only mansion side guests and members get access - they provide towels and chairs and let us bring our own cooler), pools and a golf course just up the road during the day. The golf course was nice and the staff over there were also very professional and accommodating. I was surprised and pleased how not crowded it was and found there to be mostly couples of all ages vs families, but the staff informed me late June through August are the busier times. Overall great experience - we'd go back however it is pricey so if I were to stay with a larger crew or longer period I'd opt for the mansion side villas so you still get beach access but I assume a better price. I also rated breakfast 3 because while there were great options, I didn't think it was very good and it was expensive (and they only have buffet) so keep that in mind if breakfast is important to you !

Room Tip: I can't attest to anything besides mansion since that's all I stayed, but I don't think...
2 Thank Peely4life
Osterville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Another A+ visit to Ocean Edge. My husband & I stayed for our anniversary. The room was modern, filled with character and very, very clean. The view of the water and sunset was gorgeous during dinner and the food was absolutely delicious. The new roof top bar is amazing and again, what an amazing sunset view! Very romantic! Manager Sean Sullivan made our anniversary night that much better by making sure we were taken care of showing us the same attention as the wedding parties. When staying at other resorts we noticed they tended to forget about the individual guests when larger wedding/functions were going on. Even going as far as to bring out a blanket because it was getting a little chilly. We will definitely be returning for the amazing views and accommodations as well as the excellent service!

2 Thank Sarah B
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a great weekend stay at the end of May here. I thought we were staying in the actual mansion that you see on the website pictures but the rooms are actually in a little off-building and from the outside don't look like much. Sort of a 70s dorm housing look.

Thanks goodness once you get inside there has been a fab gut renovation and the hallways and rooms are very nice and well-appointed, with a tasteful beach chic decor. You'd never know from the exterior! The bottom floor had the big indoor pool and gym which was convenient. The wing is attached to the mansion and that is where a decent breakfast is served. There is a also a great terrace for drinks. The beach path is a few minutes walk (as the actual hotel rooms are set pretty far from the beach area-- low-rise condos are in front) but the beach itself is really spectacular with the most amazing low tide experience. It is like Mont St Michel! Bath products were Tommy Bahamas-- who knew that they did bath products...

Great housekeeping and overall service was very friendly. When we had drinks outside they even brought out blankets to keep us warm (as evening air got cold).

Only downside of note is that the outdoor pool in the mansion area (which is the only convenient one and heated) closed at 3 pm every day for some private event (wedding etc.) That was annoying and they should just tell people that on the website and at booking so people know what to expect.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
North Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

As we look ahead to the summer, my daughters always ask "When are we going back to Ocean Edge?" it's our only summer vacation and we couldn't imagine staying anywhere else! Beautiful location, beyond amazing amenities, superior cleanliness, delicious food and all in the midst of many family fun activities. We can't wait to go back and create more family memories.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My boyfriend brought me to Ocean Edge for a getaway from our busy and hectic work schedules. When we pulled up the view was nothing short of amazing, and instantly relaxing! Our room was clean and very comfortable. Manager Sean Sullivan was a huge help in making our stay relaxing and completely enjoyable. He was super attentive to our every need and made us feel extra special as well.

Room Tip: West Wing in the mansion room was huge, well equipped, great balcony, and plenty of room to move aro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 9 in Chatham
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!