The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Have been staying at Ocean Edge for several years -this was our first time staying at the hotel. The rooms are spacious and well done. A minor problem with early am delivery noise near our room was quickly resolved- they go out of their way to help you for any reason! Can't beat their beach which we always make full use of. Food is great if you stay on site and it is a great central location- makes it convenient to the other towns. They are at the top of their game and you will be very happy at this resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I cannot believe that this place is rated four diamond. How did that happen? The mansion is a glorified remodeled motel with rooms that have paper thin walls. We learned quickly that we don't stay in the "mansion" we stay in a motel semi-detached to it. The sound of plumbing and noise from other rooms was overwhelming all night. The service was complacent at best. For $500+ a night, I'd stay at another resort before I'd book here again. Disappointing stay to say the least.

5  Thank summertraveler617
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the mansion wing of the hotel. The room was nicely decorated and only short walk to the beach. This hotel has direct access to the beach which was is very nice. There is free wifi in the room. The staffs were lovely and helpful. We only stayed for 2 nights but will plan to stay longer next time. The food at the terrace restaurant was quite good and reasonable price and got quite a nice view of the ocean.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tvlgal1809
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My daughter and I spent a Weekend Away here in the winter! The room was spotless and had everything you could want. Our breakfast was included and was delicious, served in the a cozy mansion paneled room. We ate dinner in the Tavern and enjoyed our meal. Getting to the pool involved going outside, but it was close and wouldn't be a problem in the summer. We returned home at the end of the weekend rested and hoping to go again.

Room Tip: Be sure you face the water.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Again, another wonderful vacation at Ocean Edge. The quality of the food at Bayzo's and Linx is outstanding. Shout out to Chef Amber Hempstead for wonderful creations! The grounds are beautiful and the room in the mansion was very comfortable. A little more cush in the bed might not hurt.

Room Tip: Choose the mansion
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I searched and searched for a nice resort with both golf and beach on property in the northeast vacation spots and was extremely happy with this choice. We were celebrating a birthday and just stayed for one night. While we didn't get any special perks for the celebration (I find this to be something that is above and beyond, not to be expected anyway) and it was a little more than I was looking to spend, the staff was extremely professional, friendly and accommodating from check in to check out. They let us check in early on arrival and even allowed us to still utilize all the commodities (beach, pool, etc) after checkout for the remainder of the day. I will say, however, that I didn't find the receptionist who booked my stay to be all that pleasant or accommodating and frankly I was a little off put and worried about the stay because of it, but based on my experience at the property itself that wasn't the case, so perhaps I caught them on a bad day). The property on arrival is impressive, although it's definitely a stretch off the highway and I'm not sure how close to any town activities, as we stayed on the property. Our room at the mansion was really nice and clean. The bed was so comfortable and the towels were also premium - I wish I took down the brands so I could buy the sheets and towels for my home! We had dinner on the ocean terrace outside which is high enough up to get a peak view of the ocean. They offered a blanket if you got too cold and dinner was delicious (one of the best clam chowders I've had!) although we weren't overly impressed with dessert. You should note that the property is not on the beach but you could see it a little from our second floor room. Also note that the mansion rooms are actually in a building to the side of the mansion, not the mansion itself. There wasn't much to do on the property at night but there are tennis courts, a private beach (note this is just a strip of beach but very nice and super private as only mansion side guests and members get access - they provide towels and chairs and let us bring our own cooler), pools and a golf course just up the road during the day. The golf course was nice and the staff over there were also very professional and accommodating. I was surprised and pleased how not crowded it was and found there to be mostly couples of all ages vs families, but the staff informed me late June through August are the busier times. Overall great experience - we'd go back however it is pricey so if I were to stay with a larger crew or longer period I'd opt for the mansion side villas so you still get beach access but I assume a better price. I also rated breakfast 3 because while there were great options, I didn't think it was very good and it was expensive (and they only have buffet) so keep that in mind if breakfast is important to you !

Room Tip: I can't attest to anything besides mansion since that's all I stayed, but I don't think...
2  Thank Peely4life
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Another A+ visit to Ocean Edge. My husband & I stayed for our anniversary. The room was modern, filled with character and very, very clean. The view of the water and sunset was gorgeous during dinner and the food was absolutely delicious. The new roof top bar is amazing and again, what an amazing sunset view! Very romantic! Manager Sean Sullivan made our anniversary night that much better by making sure we were taken care of showing us the same attention as the wedding parties. When staying at other resorts we noticed they tended to forget about the individual guests when larger wedding/functions were going on. Even going as far as to bring out a blanket because it was getting a little chilly. We will definitely be returning for the amazing views and accommodations as well as the excellent service!

2  Thank Sarah B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
8 mi away
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!