“Ocean Edge Resort, a 10 Star Effort!!!”

The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Ocean Edge Resort, a 10 Star Effort!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I want to personally thank the entire Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club team, including the Corcoran Family, General Manager Robert Newman, Resort Manager Bryan Webb, Senior Manager Sean Sullivan, Director of Sales Ray L'Heureux and a cast of hundreds for my daughter Colleen's wedding on Saturday, August 2nd. The entire day was spectacular, and Ocean Edge should be highly proud of its company, resort and staff. Saturday in the rain was a challenging day and Ocean Edge had to juggle multiple weddings, somewhat of a high wire circus act. The professional friendly manner of the staff, the incredible food & beverage, the grand ballroom and the overall atmosphere at Ocean Edge was the stuff of movies! Saturday was a mix of emotions/blessings in giving my only daughter away. Ocean Edge stepped up big time to make this transition a joy for all who attended!

Greg O'Brien

Room Tip: The newly renovated guest rooms on the Mansion side of the property are spectacular
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Codfish7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My Family and I headed to the Mansion at Ocean Edge for the first time last weekend. I had been refereed to the location by a friend who was familiar with the property. My wife and I have traveled extensively and particularly enjoy staying at resort style properties. We enjoy going places that offer an array of activities and amenities. My wife and I both agreed that this resort was not only great, but world class. Our experience here was outstanding. From the moment we arrived we were blown away by the location and its elegant surroundings. We were greeted by, Sean Sullivan, he set the tone for the whole trip. Upbeat and eager to accommodate us in any way he managed to make us feel at home and at the same time provide us with information both about the resort and some of the local venues. I find it impressive when a hotel or resort can maintain a certain level of elegance and at the time make you feel comfortable and at home. Sean even set us up with reservations at the terrace restaurant upon our arrival. The meal we had that evening was one of the best meals I have ever had anywhere. The halibut was second to none. The rooms in the Mansion were beautifully appointed and newly renovated, spacious and clean. We particularly enjoyed the view and proximity to all the amenities. We were a 5 minute walk to the private beach and a two minute wok from both the indoor and outdoor pools. The workout room was great and my wife loved her massage and spa treatment. I think the thing we enjoyed the most was the bonfire on the beach! Typical Cape Cod coast with breathtaking views of the ocean and surrounding areas! The list of things you can due is endless, paddle boarding, Gold, biking, tennis, etc.......we spent 4 days here and did not even make dent in the array of activities available. Plenty to do! With all this going on I still felt that the best asset that this resort has to offer is its service. Happy, service oriented and professional. A rare combination now a days. I have to say that this was not only the best 4 days I had all summer but probably all year. We will defiantly be back and would recommend this place to anyone. It is a great romantic getaway as well as a great place to bring the family. I would have to say from the accommodations to he food, to the location and especially the service.....this place is second to none! We will defiantly be back next year!

Room Tip: The Suite in the Mansion on the seaside had great views!
2 Thank David D
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have had a wonderful stay here at the Mansion of Ocean's Edge. The staff was wonderful. We stayed in a 3-bedroom "condo" in the Bay Pines. The rooms, kitchen and living room were well supplied and comfortable. We had a couple of cloudy days followed by 3 sunny ones. During the cloudy days wondered "why do people come to this part of the country for vacations????". Once the sun came out, I completely understood. It was just beautiful and the weather made it so easy to be outside!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ocean Edge Resort this past weekend, and we were pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Jayde at the front desk, who was extremely kind and helpful. She was very knowledgable and so sweet. Our room was beautiful and very clean. The interior was decorated beautifully. We went to the Ocean Terrace for some drinks and appetizers which were delicious. The manager Sean came over to our table, and inquired about our stay and was very friendly. We travel a lot, and always love when the staff is very nice and attentive. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eli O
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a lovely stay, but for the price felt it was just average.

The room was spacious and clean, but needed a few pick me ups. Sliding door to outside was very difficult to open and close, closet door was difficult to open, bathroom light switch is in odd place where you have to go all the way inside and almost shut the door to turn on.

All of the staff were very friendly, but wait staff where we had breakfast was very slow and servers were awkward. I realize there's a language barrier with most of them, but they need a bit more training. We did have a lovely and attentive cocktail waitress Friday night and everyone at the beach area was wonderful. One of them mentioned how there was a beach Bon fire and smores and I thought it was odd that no one at check in thought it would be nice to mention to us.

Food was average. We ate breakfast on site twice which wasn't bad, but wish there was option to eat outside, especially if weather is permitting. Food at the beach was also average and food at the pub was average. Not bad, but nothing to write home about. Loved having casual dinner at JT's down the road and bagels and sandwiches at Jomamas were better than the options served at the beach. We had lunch one day at Chatham Bars Inn which was delicious!

Beach area was beautiful and being on the bay side, water was calm - perfect for being 6 months pregnant! The grounds were also very beautiful, although it looked like the outdoor pool area could use an upgrade. It had more of a "camp" vibe than a high end hotel vibe.

All in all would definitely recommend, but with a few minor cautions. Hope to be back one day!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank SarahAcks
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a lovely resort where old world charm (the Mansion) meets new world amenities. The grounds are beautifully manicured and the resort is very clean from the guest rooms to the pool areas, tennis courts to beach area. We stayed in a Deluxe king in the west wing of the mansion which had a queen size pull out sofa which was perfect for our 2 children. The bedding was actually one of the most memorable parts of the stay. So comfy. I laid in the awesome king bed & read my book for hrs 1 night.. The guest room was plenty large enough for the 4 of us for the 2 nights we spent. The service (staff) are super friendly and excellent. The hotel offers kids activites like lawn games (croquet, badmitton etc) & family basketball for those who may want to do more than just lounge by the pool or swim at the beach all day.
A wonderful way to end the day is with a cocktail at the Ocean Terrace which is a tranquil outdoor restaurant which outstanding views of the resort & bay in the distance.

Room Tip: West Wing where the indoor pool is located were quiet. I suggest the 2nd floor as those will be qui...
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed for 3 days in July at the Villa's at Oceans Edge. It was my families second visit and again our expectations we exceeded. From the beautiful accommodations to the excellent food and services in the restaurants, every member was completely satisfied. The weather was outstanding and was the beach and golf course. We played all three days and only wished for another couple rounds.
The Villa was spacious and nicely appointed. The staff from resort manager Bob Newman to Devon at the front desk made all our needs possible.
Looking ahead to Labor Day weekend and another fantastic stay.
Thank you again Oceans Edge and we are recommending your property to all our friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Pointe Historic Inn & Spa
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 9 in Chatham
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!