“We lucked out!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed up the road at the Mansions at Ocean Edge Resort and passed the restaurant on our way to the hotel. We drove back to check it out for dinner and decided to try it out. It was a perfect choice. We both had the cod special and it really was special. It was perfectly cooked and everything about the meal was perfect. Service was attentive and thoughtful. Nothing was lacking.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This restaurant does not take reservations so in season the waits can be extremely long. As it was we waited almost 20 minutes. The time was spent at the small bar enjoying a delicious glass of Malbec while watching the skilled bartender work. I was almost sorry I hadn't ordered a cocktail, this man knows his business. We were seated in a corner table and presented with menus. Let me say the servers are attentive but food comes out of the kitchen at a leisurely pace. We started with appetizers we shared. My husband's fried calamari was delicious. I ordered the fruits of the sea platter. We found it to be a mixed bag. The oysters and little necks on the half shell were yummy. The boiled shrimp and crab had very little flavor. My husband's entree of seared cod was good. My swordfish was a touch overdone but tasty.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a foodie destination--fresh, local, interesting, ingredients prepared and presented beautifully. If you have to wait for a table, and you will, the bar has some off the beaten path offerings. The staff is efficient, friendly and well-informed. We love to dine here. Dinner here is an amazing experience!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My friends and I had spoken of this place many times, as we had driven by and seen lots of activity.
For a birthday celebration, we decided to take a friend.
The menu was a very huge disappointment.
We were a party of four and all were of the same opinion. Having had lunch here, the lady whose birthday it was, was looking for shrimp dishes. None to be had. We asked if there could be any substitutes, and were told no, not at all. Some of the meals had no starch included and none could be added. We all felt this is a bit strange for such a price.
The service was very nice. The waitperson could not have done any more to please.
I guess we are not the fish lovers we had thought we were. No shrimp or lobster ????
The chowder was very good, as was the calamari.
We will not be returning.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent food. Limited menu. Great service. There was a long line when we got there so we chose to sit in the bar to eat dinner. The bartender was very entertaining. Service was fast. Food was fresh. Couldn't ask for anything more.