“Great ice cream, okay food, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Great ice cream, okay food, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Ice cream is great. My daughter loves the cotton candy flavor which isn't a very typical flavor. Food was pretty good for what it is (fried).

It can take some time to get your food and food service has been better in past visits. The guy in after me was yelling about some infraction of state law. I don't know who was correct, but not a pleasant interaction to witness.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OK, but unfriendly.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Ice cream is good, food average for roadside fried fish, but the miserable attitudes of the staff (and I believe an owner?) killed it. What a shame.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rskye67
New York
“Medicore food, bad service, worse attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family has been here in prior years, but our recent visit in August 2013, changed our opinion forever.

The food was very mediocre and they were understaffed, so it took very long to get our food. Also, due to the inadequate staffing, the food was prepared poorly - we had 3 families and one of the 9 year olds said "the worst hamburger ever." As for me, I ordered a grilled chicken salad, which was nothing more than a small garden salad with a few pieces of sliced grilled chicken. I was so upset at the small salad for the price that I asked for a refund. The manager did refund me, but reluctantly, and she was a bit rude. What happened to "the customer is always right?"

Plenty of better options in Brewster. Will not be back.

1 Thank Andrew W
“Ok food, great ice cream, bad attitude.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

What a shame. I've gone there since childhood, haven't been in many years though. I went two times during my recent visit and both times were extremely uncomfortable. The first time, the lady taking my order was very openly complaining about the customer before me. She was extremely unfriendly and I felt entirely unwelcome. Our food was good, typical roadside seafood fare.

Our next visit was just for ice cream. Love all the options and the portions are HUGE. However, the staff was again very cold and unwelcoming.

I get it, you are dealing with tourists all day, but it was almost painful dealing with the staff there. I felt like I should have been apologizing for my presence the way they interacted with me.

Hope they improve. It was just sad.

Grafton
“Fast, lovely, fried food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I love their fried veggies. Can't resist driving by this great little road-side stand. And I love that the kids meals come with a fun prize. The kids are always pleased as am I. Worth the price.

Visited July 2013