“A favorite Cape stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cobie's
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located along scenic 6A in Brewster, Cobie's has been a Cape Cod tradition since 1948. We serve award winning fried clams, and other delicious summer favorites!
Erving
“A favorite Cape stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We've been going to Cobie's for years and love thefod and nice outdoor environment near Nickerson and Crosby Landing. This trip I ordered the clam strip plate(whole clams are $$$ this year) with sweet potato fries. It was ready very quickly, hot and delicious. The serving size was very generous. The separate line for ice cream was very long, and I was dismayed to see the young scooper's pony tail swinging into the cone as she scooped. No big deal. I will continue to be a regular when on the Cape.

Visited June 2014

Eastham, Massachusetts
“Will not go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have tried this restuarant several times. Usually just OK. this last time Mid-week mid afternoon was a disaster. They were understaffed and the wait was ridiculous. You have to pay when you order. So they have you. Have ordered seafood in the past, food was average for the cape. This time ordered hot-dogs ALMOST 20 MINUTES and they were not that busy.
I swear they spent the 20 minutes cooking the hotdogs over high heat, think sawdust and you have a idea how they tasted.
I will now refer to them as a tourist trap. For what you get prices.are very high.

• Visited July 2014
Rob S, Owner at Cobie's, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I can't tell you how disappointed I was to read this, Mike. We've been doing this since 1948, and we certainly didn't get here by serving okay food or making people wait for overcooked hot dogs. I'm embarrassed and I really apologize that your last few experiences have been sub-par. That said, I'm confident we can turn this around. We really do have a lot of practice making great seafood, and I'd love one final opportunity to put it to work for you.

Hope you'll consider it,
Rochester, NY
“A Beach Style Restaurant but removed from the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

On our way to Nickerson's State Park for a week of camping and my GF wanted to stop at Cobies for lunch before getting to the campground. My GF was anxious to have the fried clams strips that she so well remembered from her previous trips to Cobies's in past camping trips. I opted for the more traditional grilled sandwich.

Everything was very good and priced quite reasonably. Of course eating is out side on shade covered decks. Great stop and a place I would definitely come back to.

• Visited June 2014
Rob S, Owner at Cobie's, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
So happy you and your girlfriend were able to stop by and see us. I'm even happier that the Fried Clam Strips tasted just like she remembered, and that you both enjoyed your meals. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. I'm not sure how often you visit the Cape, but we'd love to welcome you back the next time you're in town!

Until then,
New Jersey
“Clam Shack to which I must now compare all others”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We loved our multiple visits to Cobie's, the summer of 2013. The lobster roll is by far the best ever, with tons of perfectly cooked (and identifiable) pieces of succulent lobster and minimal dressing. The whole-belly clams and scallops are perfect, and paired with yummy fries. Servings are large and quality is very high. The fact that is is a very short ride off the Cape Cod Rail Trail is a bonus. My only complaint is that Cobie's is seasonal. They are only open from May through September, so we have to miss them on our fall visits to the Cape.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Colorado
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love the casual atmosphere. Lobster rolls were pretty good, clam chowder wasn't the best but pretty good, great selection of ice cream.

Visited June 2014
Rob S, Owner at Cobie's, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Happy to hear you enjoyed your meal overall, and that our Lobster Rolls and ice cream selection were a big hit! If there's anything we can do to improve that Clam Chowder in your book, please don't hesitate to reach out. We aim for excellence and love to hear just what we can do to hit the mark.

Thanks for the great review,