“Saturday lunch”

Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Brewster
Harrison, ME
“Saturday lunch”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Worker where we ordered must not have felt well and she was grumpy! Had to wait a long time for our lunch.

Visited April 2012

Jasper, Georgia
“Great food”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

The scallop sandwich was the best. I wish they had longer hours.

Visited October 2011
San Luis Obispo, California
“Don't Pass This One By!”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stopped in at Alfresco Cafe for nothing more than a cup of coffee after one of our excursions. This place is so cute you really want to go in! Once inside, we realized everything looked great, the staff was super friendly, and the lunch dishes smelled way too tempting. I thought I may as well ask about the future possible items for someone with my food intolerances (all milk products.) This always seems like a good idea for those with food issues--I can get a feel for a place and then have an idea of whether or not they can serve me at a later date...A good way to avoid surprises.
The manager was amazing; after a very simple question, she took a lot of time to check off (with a pen) items on the take-out menu that would work for me that day or at another time. I was surprised since the cafe was so busy with lunch traffic--I felt self-conscious about taking her time. But she could not have been more hospitable. Very unusual--by the time September rolls around on the Cape most of the people in the hospitality industry are exhausted and a bit short on patience!
The menu was so alluring (and extensive with many specials for the day as well) that we decided we must be hungry--even though we had a hefty snack with us! We split what we thought would be a simple tuna salad on ciabatta. I thought it would be dull--the "same old, same old." I couldn't have been more wrong! The dressing and the heirloom tomatoes from Maine made all the difference, plus olives, capers, etc. The next time we went in, my husband had a panini (roasted turkey) that he raved about. We split a bowl of delicious gazpacho and I had the world's best egg salad sandwich.
For the rest of our stay we went in whenever we could and we were not close by. I look forward to going back to this gem. The outside area is very relaxing and even if it's raining there are plenty of tables with umbrellas.
Don't miss Alfesco on the 6A in Brewster (it's in the Lemon Tree shopping Center near a wonderful kitchen store.)

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank ARealLulu
Nottinghamshire, England, UK
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Front of house have issues in the fact that they really can't be bothered with customers let alone break a smile. They didn't even tell us that we needed to take out plastic knives and forks and just watched us go outside, choose a seat and wait for our lunch to arrive and continue to watch us have to go back in to collect them. If we were informed that this was the process, we would have conformed, no problem. The lunch was adequate. Wouldn't recommend and wouldn't return.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank LisaandStuEllis
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice little sandwich shop!”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I had the soft shell crab sandwich and hubby had the tuna panini. They come with chips and a green pickle. They were topped with nice fresh greens and tomato. It was delish and a great value for Cape Cod (everything is overpriced). I'm glad we found it.

• Visited June 2011