“Delicious sandwiches”

Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Brewster
Toms River, New Jersey
“Delicious sandwiches”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We happened upon this place while exploring Cape Cod. It is situated among a few shops and is not a fancy place at all. We ordered our sandwiches at a counter and had a seat inside. Most people were dining outside on a small deck that surrounds the Cafe. They will also do take-out for those who want to eat on the go. The waitress brought the food quickly and we were both impressed with the sandwiches. I had a cheese and tomato grilled sandwich. The bread was seasoned with spices and olive oil and was great! We would definitely return to this establishment. After lunch we wandered among the shops, a very pleasant stop.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kathleen W

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Cannot Get More Casual Then This”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Off season Cape Cod and there weren't that many places to choose from for lunch. This is a self serve place with limited choices. I had a lobster roll that was fabulous, and my husband had chicken tenders that were just OK. There are about six tables and no atmosphere here. They do have fabulous cupcakes to finish off your lunch. My hub and I shared the red velvet variety and it was fabulous! A good stop to fill your tummy, but I would pass if you are looking for a bit of atmosphere with your meal.

• Visited October 2013
Newburgh NY, USA
“nice cafe with good sandwiches”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The sandwiches are fresh and are nicely portioned. It is small and quaint with personable staff. Always with a smile!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Stacey -Bill W
New York
“A local MUST for breakfast in Brewster”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

All week long I was craving a real Cape Cod breakfast - a local place with fresh baked pastries, good coffee, fresh egg dishes and the feel of the Cape. Cafe Alfresco satisfied all of the above quite well! My only regret is discovering it on the last day of my summer 2013 vacation!

My family of 5 shared a few fresh pastries while we waited for breakfast to be cooked. My son had the strawberry smoothie, which was excellent. I had an omelette with bacon and cheddar.....also excellent. The place is very cute and offers a traditional Cape Cod vibe in addition to the very good food. Bonus is that all was at a fair price too....big breakfast for 5 at $40 total.

A must if you are visiting Brewster.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrew W
Central Maine
“Obvious Local Favorite”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We enjoyed our visit to this small, eclectic cafe during a pre-Memorial Day visit to the Cape. Our chicken salad and chicken panini sandwiches were both excellent. A small bag of Cape Cod chips comes with each meal, with beverages from the cooler or hot drinks form the counter available to complete your meal. The outdoor seating area looked inviting, but wasn't open for the season when we visited; the indoor seating was cute but crowded the day we visited. We didn't order a soup or chowder, but second-guessed ourselves after seeing some at nearby tables -- looked really good. The place is obviously a local favorite, to the point that the order-taker the day we were there sometimes put socializing with local patrons (talking of kids, school, etc) ahead of focusing on keeping the waiting-to-order line moving. We'd go back again when we're in the area -- especially if the outdoor seating area is open.

• Visited May 2013