“Another one bits the dust”

Brewster's Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Brewster
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Holliston, Massachusetts
“Another one bits the dust”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second favorite Brewster restaurant that has takin a turn for the worse. I would classify this as just a fast food restaurant. You can buy that stuff in the frozen aisle - what a shame.

2 Thank Carrol C

Franklin, MA
“Not what it used to be. Very disappointing.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

For the past three years this was easily our favorite breakfast spot in Brewster, but not anymore. A previous review noted that the place is under new ownership and it shows. The menu has changed (for the worse) and the food is now a letdown. The hash browns used to be delicious; now they're the same Sysco fare you can get in a million places coast to coast. Oh, and beware the new cash only policy. They have an ATM on site, but the waitress didn't even bother to tell us about it after giving us the news (and the bill). It seems money is more important than customers to this new owner. We won't be back.

3 Thank TCT67
Loveland, Ohio
“Best breakfast in town!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a relaxing breakfast sitting outside. My husband claims best seafood omelet he had ever had. When we head back to Brewster, we will definitely visit for breakfast several times during the week!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jennifer A
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Follow up - still hoping for better in the future”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is a busy spot for sure as it has always been. I'll say up front that you will likely have a good experience. I've been back a few time since May for lunch and breakfast. Their pancakes are still very good, again it would be nice to have real maple syrup as an option. Most of the breakfast sides seem to come off the Sysco truck, which is fine but, Brewster needs better than a good breakfast spot, a homemade hash would really help things along. I almost prefer lunch here as the sandwich offerings are very good. Like I said, overall it's good, coffee is great, just needs some more homemade breakfast offerings. I'll be back...

Visited July 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Good coffee... frozen, pre-packaged food”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the outside the Brewster Coffee Shop looks nice. Simple interior and a nice outside eating area promised a reasonably priced meal on the Cape. We went in for breakfast and I really have only myself to blame for the disappointing meal. I ordered one of the specials: 2 eggs, hash browns and corned beef hash and side of sausage. I asked our sever if the hash was home made and to my surprise she said, 'No. It's from a can.' I asked if it was good and she responded that had no idea. I should have followed my gut an ordered something else, but I was in the mood for corned beef hash and went ahead.
The results were exactly what I should have known. Hormel canned hash. yuck The eggs were fine, but the hash browns were clearly packaged, frozen and deep fried. The sausages were inedible... some kind of cheap store-bought frozen things. My son ordered a bagel and since he requested that it not be toasted it was still very cold after having been refrigerated/previously frozen as well. He also ordered some fresh strawberries with whipped cream. It's no surprise that the whipped cream came from a can, but when we ordered a second serving we were told that they had run out of strawberries.
My wife ordered an egg white omelet with spinach it seemed ok. Nothing great, but passable (it came with the same frozen hash browns).

As others have mentioned, the coffee was actually quite good. Not Starbucks, but great for a restaurant.
My general take is that this is a place that doesn't care about the details. Everything seemed to be packaged & previously frozen food. Why bother owning a restaurant if you're not going to actually cook real food? There are so many places on the Cape that for the same cost, or maybe a few dollars more are outstandingly better in every way.

• Visited August 2014