“Much more than a clam shack”
Review of JT's Seafood

JT's Seafood
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Brewster
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Much more than a clam shack”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were on our way to Cape Rep theater and hadn't made a dinner reservation before we left. No surprise that the ones we called on the way on a Saturday in August on Cape had no space. So we went to J. T.'s (close to the theater) and there was a wait, but no more than 15/20 minutes. A tip is to divide your party and have one stand in line while another stands and gets a table. That way your food doesn't get cold as you wait for seats. Also call ahead for take out but then eat in.
They have all the usual fried platters and it all looked great, but they have other dinners as well and these were quite good. We started with clam chowder (quite a nice version) and lobster bisque (very very good), followed by fried oysters (excellent) and salmon Newberg with lobster meat (really really good).
All in all very satisfactory and doable when all else is booked and you have to be someplace.

• Visited August 2014
GNatcape, Owner at JT's Seafood, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your nice comments and review regarding JT's. I'm glad that everything worked out well for you by stopping here. Many thanks!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great seafood and ice cream!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were getting a little full on fried seafood so I had the baked fish here (haddock maybe?), and it was excellent, hit the spot. Very well prepared and fresh. We also grabbed some ice cream which was very good too!

• Visited July 2014
Thank you very much!
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
“Casual, Good Food, Fun”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a good, old fashioned, casual, order at the counter and sit outside, seafood restaurant, and JTs did not disappoint. Food was good and the kids had a great time.
I have seen people talk about the busyness, and while it was busy, it was reasonable for a Saturday night during the summer. The wait in line and wait to get our food was about 25 minutes total, which was no problem. Good kid options too.
Prices were good...definitely worth the stop.

Dear JSH:

I'm glad to hear you had good time and thank you for the kind comments about us. Thanks for stopping and we hope to see you again.
“Outstanding service, and excellent menu!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Vacationing here for another summer and stopping at JT's is a must! We were impressed with the large menu choices, but not only that, there are options for grilled and baked items too. The staff was very accommodating and helpful (especially with food allergies). Blackened Swordfish with mango salsa was fantastic. And as always, their lobster rolls are a must. Icecream is around the corner outside which is a wonderful treat at the end of your meal. We will be back several more times during our stay here on Cape!

• Visited August 2014
GNatcape, Owner at JT's Seafood, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Rbrowm:

Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to write your kind and complimentary review. Your comments and many others like yours always make my day! I very much appreciate your compliments on our staff, and I always post these reviews for them to see. We are fortunate to have each and every one of them as they are the backbone of our business. Thank you again for visiting us every year and we look forward to seeing you again.

Bud Noyes
Mount Arlington
“It's okay.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This place has some decent fried seafood, but it's nothing special. I decided to give it a try because the parking lot always seems to be full, but I was disappointed. I think the proximity to the resort has given it a lot of undeserved traffic. You can find better seafood elsewhere.

3 Thank Caits08
GNatcape, Owner at JT's Seafood, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Caits:

Thank you for visiting us, however I am puzzled by your review of us and in my opinion there are some factual errors in your comments. You mention that we have decent fried food, but that you were disappointed but don't say why. Although about half of our menu items are in fact fried, we offer many baked and grilled items as well such as salmon, cod, swordfish, crab cakes, BBQ ribs, burgers, chicken, etc. I'm not sure what your disappointment was, but I noticed that you also visited a restaurant at Ocean Edge. Perhaps you were expecting a fine dining establishment which of course we aren't. Comparing us to a white table cloth restaurant is like comparing apples to oranges. If you were seeking a fine dining seafood restaurant there is the Brewster Fish House located a few miles west of us. Regarding Ocean Edge giving us undeserved traffic, in my opinion this is an inaccurate statement as there are close to 80-100 restaurants and eating establishments located within a 5 minute drive from Ocean Edge in Brewster and Orleans. As the owner, I can tell you that JT's is busy and the lot often times full because we have a well run establishment that is impeccably clean, well maintained, serves good high quality food, and has nice and friendly staff members. I am always seeking to improve our operation and listen to and implement many customer suggestions. I am very curious as to why you were disappointed and would welcome your comments on how we could do better or what would have rectified your disappointment. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,