“Great Food”
Review of The Linx Tavern

The Linx Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Linx Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Brewster
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the comfortable and elegant golf clubhouse at The Villages at Ocean Edge, stop here for indoor or alfresco dining overlooking the 1st tee. The Linx gets it just right with creative cocktails, fresh salads and grilled entrees including local seafood, prime meats and distinctive chicken dishes. Drop by anytime to grab a bite or to catch the Sox. Check our website for hours and entertainment.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

At this restaurant we had the perfect experience accompanied by great food and drinks. Must try their fried calamari as an appetizer and their broiled salmon as an entree; delicious...

1  Thank Ardi R

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My meal at the Linx Tavern was the worst I had during my two week trip to Cape Cod. Linx is in a beautiful setting right on the golf course. Plenty of parking. You have choice of dining alfresco or in the dining room. Our waitress was very friendly and we had no complaints about the service. The food was another story. Upon being seated, we were given dinner rolls harder than the diamond on my mother's ring finger. You needed a diamond-steel saw to cut them in half. We hacked away at them before giving up. We ordered salads and calamari as an appetizer. The calamari was overcooked and the fried batter was very heavy. There were also numerous dark brown calamari rings on the plate that you could tell were in the fryer from the last batch of calamari that was cooked, The salads were good but the dressing was very heavy.

Our entrees were the worst of the food we had the displeasure of being served. The prosciutto wrapped chicken was tiny. It was one chicken thigh (bone IN) served with a couple tablespoons of mashed cauliflower. The chicken was moist but there were only three-four bites to be had after taking it off the bone.

We also ordered the steak which was overcooked, I requested medium rare and received a well done cut of meat. It was served with flavorless mashed potatoes and carrots that were not even cooked. They were rocked hard and as if someone dipped them in a cup of luke warm water and considered them 'steamed.'

The restaurant was quite busy during our visit so I am not sure why the food was so terrible. I don't think that it was a case of low turnover but rather an instance where the chef preparing the meals had visions of grandeur with a fast-food skill level. Very disappointing.

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We Stayed at the Ocean Edge Resort, and through the many recommendations we had heard, We decided to give it a try... We sat at the bar and decided to simply "pick" with several appetizers, shared an entre, soup, and drinks. Everything we had was absolutely delicious....and our drinks made to perfection. This was one of our nicest experiences on our New England trip. Colleen Watson was our server and drink maker. She was simply TERRIFIC.... helping us with our choices and making perfect drinks. She knows her job and is a really nice person. The Manager, Chuck Gillis, is very attentive to business and knows what to do to keep everything flowing smoothly. My wife and I were extremely pleased. Enjoy !!!!!

1  Thank Steve11565
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I brought my family to the Linx while we were here on vacation and we thought it was fabulous! Great food, great scenery and great service! The clam chowder was great and I loved how diverse the children's menu was. Emily made our experience at the Linx entertaining and we will most definitely be back for more!

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

While staying in Brewster, we were looking for a non touristy, non busy location. The Linx was the right location. Had nice indoor/outdoor seating. A wall opens to the outdoors, we sat 15 feet inside with the feel of outdoors. Service was good, atmosphere was great and the food was very good. Two of us had the club sandwiches that were tasty and generous in size. The third had a BLT, which was also very good. Overall we were very pleased with the Linx.