“This is the best Bed and Breakfast on Cape Cod”

Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod
Ranked #2 of 10 Brewster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Auburn, Massachusetts
“This is the best Bed and Breakfast on Cape Cod”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I have stayed at many B and B's from falmouth up to Chatham in the past twenty years and I have never found one that was nicer in anyway than Candleberrys! Between the beautifully kept rooms that are both clean and very comfortable and the hosts, I could not be more satisfied. Stu and Charlotte are very helpful, friendly and happy to make occomodations that you request. They are very intune to whether you would like to chat or just need some quiet time. I have stayed both in winter and this past spring. During the winter months it is quite beautiful, fireplaces in some rooms and in a beautifully decorated sitting room in the main house, primarily during these stays I was looking for quiet, down time to write and paint a bit while sitting by a fire and that is exactly what I was able to do.
My last stay just recently I went with a friend and we stayed in the carriage house. Since candleberrys is located in Brewster it is a short distance to either side of the Cape, obviously closer to the bay side. We enjoyed lunch in town in Orleans and then went over to Nauset beach and Chatham fish pier where we saw seals and lots of huge waves on the National Seashore... Since my friend is from Chicago this was great for her to see.So many nice places to eat by the ocean and since it was a girls weekend we did do plenty of shopping!
I highly recommend Candleberrys if you are looking for the quintesential Cape Cod B and B.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank moogie18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I am a little late in writing this review but I figured that I should put down my review even though our visit was last year in April. I was planning a weekend gateway for my husband's birthday and I wanted it to be perfect. After looking at a number of towns in Cape Cod and several B&Bs, I finally selected Brewster and Candleberry Inn. My main reasons for selecting Candleberry inn were the good reviews and the beautiful pictures of the inn on the inn website. I am so glad that I made this choice! The inn is charming and very elegantly decorated with antiques and candles on the windowsill. I had initially chosen a room but on our arrival, Stu told us that we have been upgraded to a bigger room which I knew had a much higher rate. The room was very pretty with a working fireplace. The breakfasts on both the mornings were delicious. We had nice chats with Stu and Charlotte during the breakfasts and they gave us helpful tips for our morning activities. When I had spoken to Charlotte while booking the place, I had mentioned that it's my husband's birthday and I would like to have a cake for him. Charlotte and her daughters arranged a delicious cake for my husband and left it in our room with candles and silverware when we had gone out for the day!!
If you find vacancies in Candleberry inn, look no further!!! This is the place to stay...

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel_lover_rocks
London
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We came to Cape Cod for a two night break. We rented three rooms - all beautiful and furnished with charming antiques and local style. The inn was very comfortable,with pleasant sitting rooms and gardens. Very nice to have a lighted fire in the bedrooms at night.

Host was very helpful and friendly - tip to go to the Brewster Chowder House was a success.

The Inn has a great location - short walk to the beautiful bay and in a very pretty village.

All in all we really enjoyed our stay - afternoon tea could have been slightly more substantial than a cup of tea and a cookie - but no real complaints and we would recommend the inn wholeheartedly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank brockleyjames
NJ
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This is an elegant B & B located within walking distance to the famous Brewster General Store in town. We did not see the hosts at all during our stay, but we did arrive quite late on a Friday evening. The young lady who served breakfast each morning was very sweet and attentive. The breakfast was excellent with one major entree and an added selection of cereal, yogurt, oatmeal and toast. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only negative is that the pillows were too thin and the bed was not terribly comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and there is plenty of outdoor seating for relaxing.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We had a wonderful stay in this Inn. The breakfasts were delicous and a great way to start our day. Our historic room was so well put together and the Inn itself had lots of "common" space to relax in. The Grounds surrounding the Inn were like being in a park setting. We were busy exploring the Cape for the first time, and thought the Brewster location was perfect for our travels.
On a return visit we would probably book a room off the street as the 2-lane Highway 6A was near our windows.
If we get back that way again in our travels we would definitely stay at the Candleberry Inn!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2010

The inn is cute and the room we had was a decent size, but the owners were not particularly friendly. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking for iengthy conversations, but we didn't feel welcome, and the 2-3 questions we did have were met with yes/no/one word replies.

Breakfast was fine, but rather basic and nothing special.

I had higher hopes for this place, and I am surprised by all the glowing reviews.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hello_frankie
South Yorks
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I found this accommodation on Cape Cod following a thorough search on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed. The house is lovely - full of antiques, trinkets and interesting furniture. Our room was very comfortable and was clean and tidy. The bathroom was stocked with a nice selection of toiletries and big fluffy towels.

Charlotte was very helpful, suggesting places to visit and where to eat. She was very friendly without being over-bearing and made us feel at home. Her breakfasts were very tasty and appropriately sized! Our 12-year-old daughter was made to feel welcome and especially enjoyed meeting the dogs!!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Candleberry Inn at Brewster - it was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Old Manse Inn
The Old Manse Inn
#3 of 10 in Brewster

Been to Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod? Share your experiences!