“Perfect weekend getaway on the Cape!”

Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod
Ranked #2 of 9 Brewster B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Palo Alto, CA
“Perfect weekend getaway on the Cape!”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed for one night during a weekend in early June - had a last minute change in our schedules that allowed us to escape to the cape, and the owners were very accomodating to our request for a single night. Our room was very tastefully appointed and impecably clean. The main hotel and the grounds are charming. Very easy to find from route 6 and 6A. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. We only hope we had more time to enjoy this quaint B&B in the heart of Cape Cod! Thank you Stu and Charlotte!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
USA
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at The Candleberry Inn and were extremely disappointed. The inn itself is beautiful, but there was an utter lack of hospitality on the part of the owners that was extremely troubling. I have to say that in the many years that we have been staying in bed and breakfasts, this was the second-worst experience we have had with owners. Stuart was very terse -- you could tell he was trying to be somewhat friendly but it was very forced and we were made very uncomfortable in the limited interaction we had with him. We never met Charlotte -- she was there but stayed back in the family quarters the entire time we were there. The young lady who served breakfast was a delight, but that did not make up for the unwelcome feeling we got from the owners. It was like being an unwanted houseguest in someone's home -- and we were all too happy to leave. Reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor makes me wonder if they were talking about a different place -- the people they speak of had the same names, the inn has the same name, but our experience was nothing like theirs. Maybe they just didn't like us for some reason? Hard to know, but we won't be back.

Room Tip: All of the rooms we saw were beautiful and are well-described on the inn's web site.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank blakescholar
Candleberrry, Owner at Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod, responded to this review, 31 July 2011
We, too, are troubled & saddened by your disappointment !
We take pride in, and enjoy, offering our guests top notch hospitality - from the fresh flowers and candy that welcome you in your room on arrival, to complimentary beach towels and chairs, careful attention to detail and decor, immaculate rooms, tea, coffee, and home baked treats left out for your enjoyment, as well as our 8 AM-8 PM "open door" policy. . .
Since we make our home on the premises, our kitchen door is always open for you to stop by and chat with us, ask for directions & recommendations, make reservations, grab an extra towel, some ice or lemonade, or just say "hi" to Maggie and Fiona (our terriers!).
We're happy to know that you found the Inn and our rooms beautiful. We can only surmise that your interaction with us was limited to the breakfast hours when we rely on the hospitality of our experienced and delightful staff to extend and continue our welcome while we are busy in the kitchen preparing our guest's cooked-to-order entrees.
As a rule, our guests are gregarious, independent, interesting & intelligent people from around the world who we, along with our staff, genuinely feel privileged to meet.. We sincerely regret that you interpreted our efforts as less than welcoming, and hope that the rest of your vacation was enjoyable.
Williamstown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed in the treetops room in the carriage house. It was very clean and nicely appointed. The bed was outstanding and had sheets that made you feel like you were going to melt in the bed. It also had a great deck off the back of the room, which was great for having some apps and drinks.

Breakfast was outstanding! The best scrambled eggs I've had. The server was very friendly, along with great service.

Stu and Charlotte run a first class B &B which I would highly recommend, I look forward to going back next year!

Room Tip: Treetop room is located in the back of property and is very private, the deck is a big bonus.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 May 2011

If you happen to be travelling to Cape Cod and are looking for a Bed&Breakfast that will exceed all expectations; the Candleberry Inn is the right choice! We had the opportunity to stay for a week this past April and our hosts; Stu and Charlotte Fyfe have made their Inn feel just like home. There are plenty of common areas within the house to enjoy a cup of coffee; read the paper; enjoy the Internet through WiFi; or outside on the patio. The Inn is decorated with period pieces as well comfortable high back wing chairs that are set up by the wood burning stove in the living room. I swear I nearly fell asleep a couple times. Our suite was super comfortable with the look of yesteryear; however updated to today's modern conveniences. The Inn is centrally located in Brewster so you are within walking distance to many local attractions. The variety of shops in Brewster were just what we were looking for. We travelled East to Orleans and West to Dennis and found a lot of our stay was spent on the bay side of the Cape. I know we will be back as we only saw a small portion of the Cape. When we do come back; I know where we are staying; the Candleberry Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KitDesign
CharlotteFyfe, Owner at Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Thank you for your kind words! We're so lucky to have guests like yourself, and look forward to your return.
Stu and Charlotte, Innkeepers
Auburn, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I have stayed at many B and B's from falmouth up to Chatham in the past twenty years and I have never found one that was nicer in anyway than Candleberrys! Between the beautifully kept rooms that are both clean and very comfortable and the hosts, I could not be more satisfied. Stu and Charlotte are very helpful, friendly and happy to make occomodations that you request. They are very intune to whether you would like to chat or just need some quiet time. I have stayed both in winter and this past spring. During the winter months it is quite beautiful, fireplaces in some rooms and in a beautifully decorated sitting room in the main house, primarily during these stays I was looking for quiet, down time to write and paint a bit while sitting by a fire and that is exactly what I was able to do.
My last stay just recently I went with a friend and we stayed in the carriage house. Since candleberrys is located in Brewster it is a short distance to either side of the Cape, obviously closer to the bay side. We enjoyed lunch in town in Orleans and then went over to Nauset beach and Chatham fish pier where we saw seals and lots of huge waves on the National Seashore... Since my friend is from Chicago this was great for her to see.So many nice places to eat by the ocean and since it was a girls weekend we did do plenty of shopping!
I highly recommend Candleberrys if you are looking for the quintesential Cape Cod B and B.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank moogie18
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I am a little late in writing this review but I figured that I should put down my review even though our visit was last year in April. I was planning a weekend gateway for my husband's birthday and I wanted it to be perfect. After looking at a number of towns in Cape Cod and several B&Bs, I finally selected Brewster and Candleberry Inn. My main reasons for selecting Candleberry inn were the good reviews and the beautiful pictures of the inn on the inn website. I am so glad that I made this choice! The inn is charming and very elegantly decorated with antiques and candles on the windowsill. I had initially chosen a room but on our arrival, Stu told us that we have been upgraded to a bigger room which I knew had a much higher rate. The room was very pretty with a working fireplace. The breakfasts on both the mornings were delicious. We had nice chats with Stu and Charlotte during the breakfasts and they gave us helpful tips for our morning activities. When I had spoken to Charlotte while booking the place, I had mentioned that it's my husband's birthday and I would like to have a cake for him. Charlotte and her daughters arranged a delicious cake for my husband and left it in our room with candles and silverware when we had gone out for the day!!
If you find vacancies in Candleberry inn, look no further!!! This is the place to stay...

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel_lover_rocks
London
Reviewed 8 December 2010

We came to Cape Cod for a two night break. We rented three rooms - all beautiful and furnished with charming antiques and local style. The inn was very comfortable,with pleasant sitting rooms and gardens. Very nice to have a lighted fire in the bedrooms at night.

Host was very helpful and friendly - tip to go to the Brewster Chowder House was a success.

The Inn has a great location - short walk to the beautiful bay and in a very pretty village.

All in all we really enjoyed our stay - afternoon tea could have been slightly more substantial than a cup of tea and a cookie - but no real complaints and we would recommend the inn wholeheartedly.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank brockleyjames
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
#5 of 9 in Brewster
The Old Manse Inn
The Old Manse Inn
#3 of 9 in Brewster

Been to Candleberry Inn on Cape Cod? Share your experiences!