“Perfect in Every Way!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Perfect in Every Way!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our first trip to Captain Freeman, and we fell in love forever! The owners, Byron and Donna, have paid exquisite attention to every detail to make their guests' stay at the inn memorable. We stayed in two different rooms over a one-week period, and loved both of them, for different reasons--the first was a cozy retreat on the third floor with a view of the church steeple out the window; the second was a spacious and airy second floor hide-away with little private porch for sipping morning coffee, or reading a book. The gourmet breaksfasts on the terrace overlooking the pool were sumptious, as were the mid-afternoon cookies and iced lemonades. We walked back and forth to the beach at the end of the lane all day, and at night, curled up on the leather couch in the salon, or hung out in rockers on the front porch, with ice-cream cones from next door. The setting is a beautiful old seaman's mansion, with enormous ceilings, and a mix of furnishings and art both old and new. Every single member of the stafff is lovely and personable, and will help make your stay perfect in every way. We cannot wait to come back!!!

Room Tip: We peeked in every room with an open door, and each room had its own wonderful charm, so you really...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pam L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband Harry and I just returned from spending a few days at Captain Freeman. I wanted to write this review right away because I didn't want to forget. We had such a good time. This is a great place to stay, the rooms were clean, comfortable and have lots of little extras. It is very apparent the staff thinks of every little way they can make your stay a comfortable one. They were great! Nathan greeted us and although we came in early he was very accommodating. Donna and the rest of the staff were just as fantastic. They make you feel like you are visiting close friends. And for the animal lovers, you will love their dog Harrison!!! We enjoyed the DELICIOUS breakfast, the cookies and yes, the Port. The beach, stores, trails and restaurants are all close. This is a wonderful place to relax. I recommend it 100%.

1 Thank Minerva P
MD
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had never stayed in a B&B prior to my visit to Cape Cod. As I was planning my New England road trip with my mom, I decided to do what many visitors to this area do, and I took the plunge to stay at my first B&B! And I was pleasantly pleased and surprised! We stayed in the Eastham room. It was extremely comfortable, spacious yet cozy, well put together...essentially, it felt like home away from home. Everyone at the B&B was very nice, pleasant to talk to and really helpful. The breakfasts were as awesome as the other reviews I'd read said they were. The location was cool, allowing us great access to visit the other Cape Cod cities. We were only there for two nights and I can't wait to go back and stay longer. My mom was already planning her next trip there before we even packed up to leave! Thanks to the Captain Freeman Inn for such an awesome experience!

Room Tip: The pictures and descriptions of the rooms that are on the website are very accurate. So, you'r...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Onthego16
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

All the other superlative reviews are correct. I cannot fault the Captain Freeman Inn and the few here who have given scores less than excellent were clearly at a different place to me. Set back from 6A so quiet, lovely gardens and pool and the house stuffed with antiques. But the best bit is the genuine hospitality. Nathan, I'm smiling when I see in my minds eye your response to my request for a refill to the complimentary sherry before my sons wedding at the church next door. A fresh decanter was provided immediately and Dutch courage was assured. Safe to say the event went perfectly. My family who had travelled so far from home to this important event found ourselves "right back there". For other travellers I'd say look in the website. We had Eastham which is perfect. I chose it after browsing and found the images on line represent things really well.

Room Tip: The rooms turn out to be exactly as they look in the website
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Belleraphon
Minneapolis
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our experience with the Captain Freeman was totally delightful. From the great help from Byron in choosing the room and booking to the warm welcome from Nathan to the friendliness and fabulous kitchen skills of Donna, we enjoyed every minute. Our room, the Eastham was spacious and well appointed. The staff kept our room and the entire inn impeccably clean. The breakfasts were excellent and we really appreciated the home baked cookies (always two kinds!), the availability of coffee and cold drinks for the taking. It was just the right amount of having friendly people who know the area there to help with suggestions. The grounds are beautiful, pool area very relaxing, and the availability of beach towels and chairs is a real plus. Additionally, we loved the location. The Brewster General Store right next to the Captain Freeman is very convenient. The location is close enough to the more crowded areas that you can get to them quickly, but also get away from crowds at the Inn and it's immediate vicinity. We definitely would return.

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Captain Freeman Inn in the Cape Cod area the end of June 2013 for 4 days! Wow.....what a exquisite experience! Not only were the staff beyond gracious and friendly, the daily breakfasts were fabulous and the rooms were beautiful, spacious and oh so comfortable! Amenities galore! I could have easily stayed an extra few days if my schedule allowed and would love to return someday! Such a beautiful Inn inside and out and I felt very much at home there and had more than enough privacy. I highly recommend it to anyone that needs a wonderful place to stay in the Brewster, Cape Cod area. You will not be disappointed! Look forward to returning to the area one day! :)

Room Tip: Absolutely every room is wonderful......just browse the Captain Freeman Inn site on the internet. U...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
orange ct
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We enjoyed the Captain Freeman Inn during the week of July 4. It is quiet, and well situated. It is a short walk to restaurants and easy to access the bike trails. Breakfasts were excellent and willing to modify the choices. The amenities are excellent from the soaps to the pool. Towels and chairs are available for the beach. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms that I saw all looked good.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
The Old Manse Inn
#3 of 10 in Brewster
Sea Meadow Inn at Isaiah Clark House
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Captain Freeman Inn? Share your experiences!