After a 3 week tour of the New England foliage this October, we decided to have a relaxing last 2 nights in Cape Cod. I really couldn't have picked a better B&B to top off our holiday! We were warmly greeted by the owner Byron's son (whose name escapes me, I'm afraid!), and shown to our rooms, which were beautifully decorated and furnished. There was coffee, teas, juices, home baked cookies all available for us to help ourselves in the lounge area, plus sherry and port! We were really made to feel at home.
After our first night, we were greeted by not only the most deliciously prepared breakfast I think I have ever had at a B&B, but also the friendliest dog – Harrison. He is such a cute, laid-back dog, and is most certainly not intrusive (so don't be concerned if you're not a dog-lover, although I think you may be converted when you meet Harrison!). The breakfast was freshly prepared by Donna, and was absolutely stunning. They do apparently run cookery courses, and judging by the breakfast, probably well worth booking one!
Two nights wasn't enough at The Captain Freeman Inn. We will almost certainly be returning in the future for a longer stay, and we may even try an additional couple of nights at the family's sister property 'The Brewster by the Sea Inn' which is just up the road.
After only 2 nights, we were bid a fond farewell by Byron and Donna which brought a tear to my eye, reminiscent of saying goodbye to close friends or family.
I really cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough. One couple we met there, also from the UK, apparently have been coming every year for the past 12 years, I think they told us. I can see it becoming a tradition with us too!
Thank you Byron and Donna – we can't wait to come back! x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately Sea Captain's Mansion in the Heart of Cape Cod. The inn is known for it's farm to table breakfasts, welcoming hospitality and wonderful location with just a short stroll to Breakwater beach and the Cape Cod Rail trail which is great for biking and walking. Many casual and fine dining choices close by with a fabulous pool on property. The inn has been totally renovated in the past three years and is green certified. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Captain Freeman Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Freeman Hotel Brewster
- Captain Freeman Inn Brewster, Cape Cod, MA